PDA

View Full Version : Maple Story - PC

CW
06-12-2008, 11:17 PM
MapleStory on private servers

[Chapter One: The Original MapleStory]

[FOREWORD] I’ve played the original MapleStory for quite a while, and my highest level character is at 42-43. This game really makes you suffer as you soullessly continue playing, even though you know you shouldn’t. It takes a long time to advance in levels, and I’ve had a ton of characters.
Boy, am I going to the realm of utter boredom in Hell.

http://ui21.gamefaqs.com/1140/gfs_59317_2_1_mid.jpg

Before we start, you need to know what the original MapleStory is.
MapleStory is an online multiplayer game where you create your very own character, starting with the hair, skin colour, stats, the clothes you’re going to start with and the weapon you’re going to start with. Once you’re in, you will go through a tutorial-ish place. Afterwards, you’re going to Maple Island, which is the starting zone. Here, you will learn the basics about the game such as: the controls, how to do quests, kill monsters (snails, mushrooms and living squishy bubbles – what the ****) and how to talk to the girls that are also playing. Well, okay the last thing isn’t there, but there are loads of guides on the net on how to talk to girls, if you’re lacking skills there (FACT: girls online really are gay guys). For each level you advance, you get 5 ability points, which you can put into STR, DEX, INT or LUK. When you get a job you start getting 3 skill points after each level you advance. After you’re finished on Maple Island, you can take a boat to the next island, which is where you’ll be the next many levels. At level 8, you can become a magician and at level 10 you can become a thief, warrior and a bowman. At level 30 you can get your second job, at level 70 you get your third and at level 120 you get your fourth. I’ll break it down for you guys (yes guys, we already talked about the ‘girls-on-the-net’ thing) so that it is easier to understand:

Level 8 Magician -> Level 30: magician can become a fire/poison mage, ice/lightening mage or cleric -> Level 70: fire/poison wizard, ice/lightening wizard and priest -> Level 120: fire/poison archmage, ice/lightening archmage or bishop

Level 10 Warrior -> Level 30: Fighter, Page or Spearman -> Level 70: Crusader, White Knight or Dragon Knight -> Level 120: Hero, Paladin or Dark Knight

Level 10 Thief ->Level 30: Assassin or Bandit -> Level 70: Hermit or Chief Bandit -> Level 120: Night Lord or Shadower

Level 10 Bowman -> Level 30: Hunter or Crossbowman -> Level 70: Ranger or Sniper -> Level 120: Bowmaster or Marksman

!!NEW JOB OUT: PIRATE!!
Level 10 Pirate -> Level 30: Brawler or Gunslinger -> Level 70: Marauder or Outlaw -> Level 120: Buccaneer or Corsair

NOTE: Please note that once you pick, for example, an assassin as a thief, you have to go the way of the assassin. Which means you’re going to be a hermit next, and then a night lord. You can’t change your mind.

[Chapter Two: MapleStory – On a private server!]
Okay, now you kind of know the basics about MapleStory, don’t you?
If you don’t, then read it all over again and punish yourself for not listening carefully at what I’m saying. Go get yourself a new Pepsi before you start reading chapter two, since this is the interesting chapter. By the way, Coca Cola sucks.

http://ui32.gamefaqs.com/671/gfs_85063_2_17_mid.jpg

As you read in chapter one, the original MapleStory sucks hard. But is it possible to play it, to see things you otherwise would never see because of that you have a life? Yes ma’am, it is. And the name of the solution is: *dramatic drum solo* private servers!
I’m playing on a server with x500 EXP, x250 mesos (the valuta in MapleStory) and x250 drop.
Other than that, they have all party quests, bosses, pet commands working, along with a lot of other stuff. Unlike the original MapleStory, NX cash is given to you each day or so. And now you might think “NX cash? You haven’t told me about NX cash?”. No I haven’t, because I would spare your poor moms credit card. But alright, you got me, I’ll tell you about NX cash. NX cash is another kind of valuta in the game, but you don’t get it from monsters. Instead, you buy it for real cash. And YES I’ve bought some before and YES I regret it and YES I should punish myself. Now that I’ve come to think of it, I haven’t punished myself for it yet. I mean, what was I thinking?
Look at me being silly, you little rascals got me on a sidetrack now.
Anyways! You get NX cash for free on this private server that I play on.
And what can you use these NX cash for, you might think. Well, you can buy exclusive clothes first off (but you can also buy that for mesos, since it’s a private server with custom made NPCs), pets, pet equipment and loads more. You can check it out for yourself.
The level cap is 200, but on this private server you can become reborn. When you’re reborn, you keep the ability points you had the past 200 levels, plus you can change job AND keep the skills of your previous job. Sounds cool, eh?
I play on a server where there are a lot of members, and it’s easy to make friends with people. Of course there are some rude people, but just ignore them (FACT: it’s easy to be rude on the internet, and hard to be nice).
By the way, if you were wondering what the name of the server I play on is, then its .. What was it again?
Eeeeh I forgot. No, wait! I’m not going to tell you. If you want to know, then PM me :)

http://ui03.gamefaqs.com/354/gfs_85063_2_75_mid.jpg

Written by iSpark

CW
06-12-2008, 11:17 PM
You need to post some screen shots too and actually give the game a mark out of 10

Dante
06-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Good review, but how is it 'untraditional'?

iSpark
06-12-2008, 11:51 PM
CW: The server I play on is down at the moment for maintenance, so couldn't get ingame to take pictures. I'll take some another day though.

Dante: I was told that it was "insert-fancy-word-here", so I thought it was untraditional.

CW
06-12-2008, 11:54 PM
OK thats fine but you do need to add some at some point.

Stevioboi
07-12-2008, 08:01 AM
overall maplestory sucks max lvl i got was 42 ice magician took so long .... then there is nx which u buy.... idk this game reeks

Devilman
07-12-2008, 09:51 AM
i played it for about 2 months...got to lvl 28 and it got boring so i stopped. its fun for a while to play 2D but its nothing special overall.

garfieldisntfat
07-12-2008, 01:47 PM
I've wasted about 2-3 years on this game, hacked it, etc. etc. It's really a waste of time.
To be honest I don't really like the review, mostly because I don't consider maplestory a game. Writing reviews of MMORPG's?.. Where's the WoW review? Nu-uh, I don't like it.
Decently written though.

iSpark
07-12-2008, 04:32 PM
I've been playing WoW for a couple of years, so might make a review at some time.
Just to make it clear, I'm not reviewing MapleStory 'the game', but just kind of telling you people about the private servers of MapleStory.
Also, as I previously stated, I was trying to put some fun into it aswell. And I'm sorry if any of you guys/girls hate my kind of humor.
I'll make my next review serious to the bone.

garfieldisntfat
07-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Humourfilled reviews are a lot more entertaining than serious ones imo.
And after reading your review a second time, I actually thought of it as a guide more than a review. Check out hidden-street.net > guides and you'll see that they look a lot alike. Nothing negative with it, just saying.

iSpark
07-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Well yeah, you're probably right. I think that from the future, I'll call everything I write articles instead. That way, they can be whatever the fukk I want :)

saleelm03
07-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Nice review has done. The game is fine. but after playing by levels to levels it is boring at times.

Shooting Palanx
08-12-2008, 12:59 AM
The review looks unappealing to be honest, didn't bother reading it.

Make it look good before you present it, bold some areas where you feel should be explained.

Include a mark too.

Why was this posted lol, it should have been given back to Ispark with fixups.

CW
08-12-2008, 06:50 AM
So you only look at the pictures?

Shooting Palanx
08-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Display is a big part of a review, if it doesn't look good at all....than it's no point reading it.

Punkster
08-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Display is a big part of a review, if it doesn't look good at all....than it's no point reading it.

i agree to a certain extent. the paragraph structure of this review should be improved. it's difficult to read just a block of text with no gaps. the use of subheadings isn't a bad idea either.

Shooting Palanx
08-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah.

I'd read it, but the minute I saw the review, I felt there was no point, as there were no screenies provided, and it was just overall too blocky.

Words are good, if you know how to structure them. Essay writing 101.

CW
08-12-2008, 04:18 PM
It has a structure. Just because it doesnt have any screenshots it isnt worth reading? Thats a particularly poor reason not to read a review. The pro reviews on the big game sites usually have the screenshots after the review as it is

iSpark
08-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Well to be honest, make me able to make my own threads here, and I'll gladly make them look better. But when I have to PM the review/article to another guy, it's kind of hard.
If I can make my own thread, then it's 100% my own decisions how the final look is.
Thanks for the feedback so far, though.

Punkster
08-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Well to be honest, make me able to make my own threads here, and I'll gladly make them look better. But when I have to PM the review/article to another guy, it's kind of hard.
If I can make my own thread, then it's 100% my own decisions how the final look is.
Thanks for the feedback so far, though.

yes which is why you should have been allowed to post the thread yourself and had CW move the thread into the review section. that would have been a better idea.

CW
08-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Yes punkster is right. You can post your review somewhere else and ill move it .

Shooting Palanx
09-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Than there is no point in being a journo, if people can make their reviews in another section, than have someone move it there.

Just fix it up bro, and do another one, but a lot better :)

garfieldisntfat
09-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Than there is no point in being a journo, if people can make their reviews in another section, than have someone move it there.

Just fix it up bro, and do another one, but a lot better :)

I thought the same thing when I read what cw said. What's the point of being a GF journalist if anyone can get their reviews posted here whenever they want?..

Shooting Palanx
09-12-2008, 03:35 AM
Exactly, the system needs to be refined lol.

CW
09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Its exactly the same as sending a review by PM anyway. If its any good then it gets moved to the reviews section. If not then it just stays in the section it was posted in and people can comment on it there. The whole point of journalists is that they can be trusted to write a review thats not plagerised and is of a suitable standard

iSpark
10-12-2008, 01:48 PM
I agree with CW.

Shooting Palanx
11-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Well if you do post a review in another forum, It can stay there, but it won't be moved here.

You see, than there is point in becoming a journo or making this section exclusive.

Fix up the review man, I'm getting second thoughts about this whole thing now.

iSpark
11-12-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't have time to make a new review.
http://www.gamesforum.com/showthread.php?p=175713#post175713

Shooting Palanx
12-12-2008, 02:58 AM
It's ok man, when you do come back, make em better than ever :)

iSpark
12-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I'll try, thanks for your patience and understanding :).

Shooting Palanx
12-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm the king of patience and understanding, lol.

Maple Story would be awesome if it wasn't for the hefty download :S.