PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 - PC - 360 - PS3

CW
06-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Fallout 3 - PC, Xbox 360, PS3 - 2008

If you have played the previous series, playing this, you’ll probably end up with a question like this: “is this what I expected?” well actually no, the game has almost the same story with the previous ones, and fallout 3 has some minor problems, but lets take them all one by one.

Starting the game, you’ll feel it real, playing as a child, as a teen and as an adult, in encounters every time you succeed a vats finishing shot your enemies’ heads pop-off or you dismember them and so on, while attempting a skill(like hack) you actually attempt the skill in a “mini-game” you actually do something and take the risk on your own, and if you fail you can’t try again (except if you have a certain perk), the graphic are cool. Your mission is to find your father, who is a runaway citizen from vault 101 which human created to keep them safe from radiation, no one would enter or leave vault 101. Following your dad you end up in a huge wasteland, wondering around and ask information about your dads’ position. You’ll enter in many towns, you chose to help people (good karma) or harm people (bad karma), but the problem is: IT DOESN’T MATTER IF IT’S A GOOD KARMA OR BAD! You can actually change your karma in an instance just by doing some minor repeatable quests, so the whole karma system is ****.

Out in the wastelands you’ll encounter random enemies. So you have this first person view or third person view, you aim and shoot, and there is the V.A.T.S. system. A system that by pressing one button you stop the time, and you have the ability to choose certain parts of your enemy (like torso, head, arms), select how many times you want to hit, and then the computer takes the control of your player and it takes the shots for you. The slow motion graphics and the zoom and the nice point of view actions is something fascinating, but imagine in a fps game the special combat action is to freeze the time and to leave the computer do everything, and yes computer has a better change of hitting the target, and I think it will increase the possibility of a critical strike. And the item system, while encountering enemies you can press another button, and the time stops AGAIN, you can heal yourself, buff up yourself, change weapon, and there you go! a new look.

Ok the items, the majority of the items are useless pieces of junk but most of them are very expensive from ashtrays to conductors. When you kill an enemy, you can take everything from them and then you can violate their bodies, but anyway, you have a weigh capacity, and after killing 5 raiders, you are full and you walk really slow and you can’t fast traveler to a city, so you have to throw something, go back to the city, store the items, come back and take the others, this is NOT fun. Then you probably say “why hell you take those items” well if you won’t take them you’ll have no money to repair, buy ammo, etc. From the other hand the game allow you to kill anyone, you can actually massacre the whole city and take EVERYTHING but you will lose karma (something you don’t care) and you lose quest (= a huge amount of exp).

Skills and perks, skills are essential, and as a good role-playing game you’ll have to choose 3-4 main skills to advance. You can choose to use small guns and hack computers, picklock and science and the list goes on, but you can’t have them all balanced, actually the game always has 2-3 options, like if you can’t picklock the strongbox, you can hack the computer and unlock it from there, and if you have balanced skills then you will end up doing nothing. You can choose one perk per level, perks is like feat in D&D something bonus, basically more skill points. Perks can lead to a good combination of perks and skills mixed up, there is a good amount of perks for every type of a character you wanna be.

Npc and every day life, THEY ARE TERRIBLE, you can actually go to everyone’s house and steal anything you want in front of their own eyes, and they will do nothing to stop you, and then you talk to them and they are like “hey my friend, did you find your dad yet?” not to mention the pickpocket thing, the assassination, you can almost kill one by one each citizen in a town and citizens DON’T CARE about it. And your enemies are like 3 types? There are super mutants, orcs in rpg language, raiders, bandits in rpg language and some annoying radiation **** “animals”.

My personal opinion is that after playing a while, its kind of feels like a routine, encountering the same enemies, talking to the same voices, visiting the same wasteland fields. And the worse is that the game has NO bosses, there are some mini bosses whom you’ll enjoy, but there are no main bosses, and I was waiting for a great boss and I saved all my nukes, just to find NOTHING. Fallout 3 has some absolutely pointless and stupid skills, imagine a wasteland full of creature with radiation, and there is Jackie Chan trying to save the world?! With what kind of logic would a man fist fight some gigantic mutants, or gargantuan ants FULL OF RADIATION, and not only the idea, but each mutant has a MINIGUN with him. Or there is melee weapon skill, almost the same thing, but there are no good melee weapons in fallout 3, there are some kind of swords, but then you’ll come up with a common weapon called the ripper, which is more effective than any other sword. And the ripper (a one-handed chainsaw sword) strikes so fast, that the melee skill is USELESS. The game tried to put music, which sucks btw, and the music never change, you’ll go into combat, you will go fatal life but the music remains the same, something in modern gaming is bad. To sum up, if you enjoyed playing the old fallout games, you will enjoy this one, if you like oblivion (people says that fallout 3 is oblivion with guns) you will probably enjoy it too. This game could be better, vats system really takes you out of the fps gaming. I enjoyed fallout by killing EVERYONE.

8/10

http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/fallout-3-facts-that-could-save-your-life-20070701023902318.jpg
VATS System
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/804/804784/fallout-3-20070713102448474_640w.jpg
Effects
http://fallout3.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/pipboy3000b.jpg
Your items, your status and your data

Written by Orathac

Vyse the Legend
08-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Very nice review Orathac, I was wondering how long it would take until someone review this game. It's certainly a pretty good game, but there certainly are some obvious negatives, which I think you did a good job of mentioning, as they are there and easy to see.

Eskimo_Lee
08-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Very very good Review. I agree with most if not all of the Points made in it. It is a fantastic game which has its downfalls but what game doesn't!

Nice :D!

Punkster
08-12-2008, 12:44 PM
interesting review. does the VATS system break up the flow of the gameplay? coz you have to pause time to make decisions of which parts to target right? do you have unlimited time to choose which part to aim at in VATS?

Orathac
08-12-2008, 11:34 PM
do you have unlimited time to choose which part to aim at in VATS?

Yes. It really takes you out of a fps game, and the music won’t help either (ok this may sound stupid, but believe me, it is a hole), you won’t feel the danger of actually dying. IMO it is impossible to die in this game (well probably because in the pc version there is only normal mode but anyway)
if you want to buy this game, first download a demo, play it, and u like it buy it, or download it :p

Anyway I am not saying its a bad game, i know why VATS is there, and if you have played the previous you'll probably know too, but its not what i (personally) expected.

I’ll write more reviews, thank you cw for posting it, thank you guys for your kind words.

saleelm03
12-12-2008, 08:17 PM
very nice review. one thing noticeble is that you have mentioned all aspects. you mentioned about the skills. thats also correct

Star Hustler
12-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Considering this is a review on Fallout 3 this should be a wayyyyy bigger review! I also feel as if you picked out the obvious things to be so critical about. But good review nonetheless I suppose.

Talentz
13-12-2008, 12:13 AM
I liked the review, not the best but It was a decent review.. you should make more you seem reallly good at making reviews and I agree with your score for F3

garfieldisntfat
13-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Reading this review actually gave me a quick look at what the game seems to be like. That is exactly what a review should be like, imo. So good job.

Shooting Palanx
13-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Nice review man :)

I've yet to play any of the games in the series, but this review makes it look cool, although it is sad to know it's basically the same story through and through.

The Man
13-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Wow!Cool review.I'll be sure to play the game myself....:)

Cheater
18-12-2008, 03:34 PM
WOW YEA thats cool

oxidious
19-12-2008, 02:32 AM
good review i wanna play this baaaddd!

Daeanu
19-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Nice review dude:)
It made me wanna play the game

XTINAH
19-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Really good review dude.

essence25
01-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes. It really takes you out of a fps game, and the music won’t help either (ok this may sound stupid, but believe me, it is a hole), you won’t feel the danger of actually dying. IMO it is impossible to die in this game (well probably because in the pc version there is only normal mode but anyway)
if you want to buy this game, first download a demo, play it, and u like it buy it, or download it :p

Anyway I am not saying its a bad game, i know why VATS is there, and if you have played the previous you'll probably know too, but its not what i (personally) expected.

I’ll write more reviews, thank you cw for posting it, thank you guys for your kind words.

Hi,

What do you mean here: (well probably because in the pc version there is only normal mode but anyway)

Are you refering to the difficulty level? because there is a Hard & Very Hard mode...
Please clarify..

:-)

Orathac
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi,

What do you mean here: (well probably because in the pc version there is only normal mode but anyway)

Are you refering to the difficulty level? because there is a Hard & Very Hard mode...
Please clarify..

:-)

yeah i searched the option and there is hard and very hard, well i thought like all games before you start the game you choose the difficulty so when i didn't find it i thought there wasn't
anyway there is indeed difficulty selection

but i know a lot of people who claim that it is already to hard on normal mode in which i disagree

anyway i hope that i explained

thmsschfr
05-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Good review. I have this for XBOX 360. It may just be my xbox but this game was buggy as all hell.

Nazz
05-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Good review. I have this for XBOX 360. It may just be my xbox but this game was buggy as all hell.

Games that size always have a few bugs. I didn't get any on my playthrough though.

P-Sleva
05-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Great review, certainly a good game however I don't think it is worthy as game of the year (IGN)

Nemo
05-02-2009, 09:34 PM

there are a few bugs but not many....didnt encounter any that ruined the game in anyway..some are kinda funny...just as the game loads npc sometimes float in mid air...its kinda funny

flameboy118
05-02-2009, 09:40 PM
'thanks for listening, chilllllldren. this is three dawg, aaoooooooooooooh!'

^ god that saved the game for me. also, 'i don't want to set the worllld. on. fiiiiireee'

pants game IMO

Rapture
05-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Silence. How dare you mention the Ink Spots and yet not like Fallout 3. You like Bioshock right?

flameboy118
05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Silence. How dare you mention the Ink Spots and yet not like Fallout 3. You like Bioshock right?

yeah, bioshock were pretty great

Dante
06-02-2009, 10:41 AM
yeah, bioshock were pretty great

Alert!
Incorrect grammar detected!
Analysing...
Correcting...

Yes, Bioshock was great.

BigZombieMonkey
06-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Ok the items, the majority of the items are useless pieces of junk but most of them are very expensive from ashtrays to conductors. When you kill an enemy, you can take everything from them and then you can violate their bodies, but anyway, you have a weigh capacity, and after killing 5 raiders, you are full and you walk really slow and you can’t fast traveler to a city, so you have to throw something, go back to the city, store the items, come back and take the others, this is NOT fun. Then you probably say “why hell you take those items” well if you won’t take them you’ll have no money to repair, buy ammo, etc. From the other hand the game allow you to kill anyone, you can actually massacre the whole city and take EVERYTHING but you will lose karma (something you don’t care) and you lose quest (= a huge amount of exp).

Ok I understand wht you are saying but in all honesty you haven't thought out your character evolution very well if you have this issue.

If you increase your strength you can carry more in weight
If you increase your repair ability you can repair guns and apparel during your mission. This helps because if you pick up 3 10mm pistols and one or two are in bad condition (as they usually are) you can combine all 3 into one using repair giving you one gun that is in good condition and therefore deals more damage AND giving you 2 guns weight less to carry. The same goes for the apparel and multitude of duplicate wepons you will pick up. If you plan ahead like this (remember planning ahead should be vital as it is a survival game) then you won't have the issue of having to treck forth and back every two minutes. I often collect a huge amount of items each quest I do and when i finish I fast travel back to megaton and store what I want to keep and sell what I want to use. At the moment I am level 6 and only have 1035 caps and I don't have any items for my house. If I had vendored all of the stuff I have stored I could probably have a pharmacy and maybe even a tool bench but the bottom line is if i keep storing items when i do have enough for my workbench I will have plenty of items to make wepaons out of which i can either use or even just sell for a bigger price than the raw materials would have sold for.

Also if you are complaining about your income why not take up barter improvement since you'll get more caps for the items that you bring back meaning you'll have to carry less for the same amount of caps.

The one thing i find hard to understand is your critism of an rpg game not being realistic....

Final Fantasy is one of the biggest rpg games ever and you see people fight with a sword against giant unstoppable forces of nature with fire coming out of them etc and yet no-one bats an eyelid over that. RPG's imo are generally unrealistic and the amount of depth this game gives whilst ginving you a new perspective (fps) and considering it's pretty much oblivion turned futuristic I think this game is awesome.

To me this was not a review from a fair gamer but sounded more like the review of a critic who was looking for reasons to hate the game.

Orathac
06-02-2009, 09:54 PM
i see what you mean, and to be honest i did critism the game so that's why i gave more score than i originally wanted, for a newcomer gamer, he will like this game, for me, the person who played one and two, this wasn't enought.

mariofan
17-02-2009, 01:52 AM
really good review! :> but about the game i most say that I enjoyed fallout 1 and 2 much more than fallout 3, but still a good game ^^

weirdalrocks
02-03-2009, 04:56 PM
this g@me l00ks t00 stoopid

Orathac
03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
your post looks stupid...

juggernaut
04-03-2009, 03:51 AM
i haven't played fallout 1 and 2 that much but i really like the game, then comes fallout 3 with its unique perspective. I have played the game and the FPS concept is nice as well as its quests and the idea of repairing your weapon not to mention the VATS which makes the game easy to play.

The only thing i don't like is the storyline. it's very short, at first i didn't believe that you can finish the game within the day but it is possible if you follow the main quests and you know your way around. the tunes are catchy at first but i got sick of it after 4 hrs of listening to it over and over again so i turned of the radio (lol)

over all its a nice game and i hope they make a sequel to this maybe or fallout 4?

im not much of a hard core rpg player but still i enjoyed this game

BoogerCheeze
04-03-2009, 04:02 AM
This is the kind of game you can play for 10 hours and not get bored.

Game time= 19 hours

EVIL :D

Being evil is more fun that being good. And you can easily become good by the end.

Orathac
04-03-2009, 04:44 PM
i haven't played fallout 1 and 2 that much but i really like the game, then comes fallout 3 with its unique perspective. I have played the game and the FPS concept is nice as well as its quests and the idea of repairing your weapon not to mention the VATS which makes the game easy to play.

The only thing i don't like is the storyline. it's very short, at first i didn't believe that you can finish the game within the day but it is possible if you follow the main quests and you know your way around. the tunes are catchy at first but i got sick of it after 4 hrs of listening to it over and over again so i turned of the radio (lol)

over all its a nice game and i hope they make a sequel to this maybe or fallout 4?

im not much of a hard core rpg player but still i enjoyed this game

vats ruined the fps
so its just rpg :(

flameboy118
04-03-2009, 07:53 PM
it should not have been an FPS. if you're going to do FPSRPG, then for god sake do it properly (deus ex and system shock 1/2) or just go fully fledged and make it an actual fun FPS, like bioshock.

most of you know my opinion on fallout 3, i don't need to tell you that i think bethesda bungled it to a huge degree

timmeh
26-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Fallout 3 is a very good game and one that I own. But the main problem is the fact that you can't carry on after completing the game, unlike Bethesda's last game Oblivion. Also the lack of quests is a problem, I think that they rushed this game unlike Oblivion which took 6 years to produce where as Fallout 3 only took 2 years to produce.

Dark Seducer
26-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Fallout 3 is a very good game and one that I own. But the main problem is the fact that you can't carry on after completing the game, unlike Bethesda's last game Oblivion. Also the lack of quests is a problem, I think that they rushed this game unlike Oblivion which took 6 years to produce where as Fallout 3 only took 2 years to produce.

You can continue the game now with Broken Steel. D'uh.

timmeh
26-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Not got XBL but i might after i get back from Italy with school.

Dark Seducer
26-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Not got XBL but i might after i get back from Italy with school.

You can always buy the expansion pack if it's a problem, only it won't be out till July, which would probably fit in with your timing, that's if you really want it.

JudgeYohance
26-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Now I have played the two big games in reverse order (I played Fallout 3 before I played Oblivion) and here is my take in comparing the two

What Fallout has on Oblivion

The story has more immersion and feels more realistic
Graphics are better
Gameplay feels less wooden and requires more strategy in combat
Characters have more variety in personality
The atmosphere when traveling is more fun and environment more enjoyable to walk through

What Oblivion has over Fallout

Significantly more side and unmarked quests (I would say about 4 times the amount)
More weapon variety (I like being able to tailor equipment to my specific needs)
The enemies are more entertaining and less stereotype compared to say the President Eden

What they both lack

BOSS FIGHTS OF ANY KIND!!!!

Giving some guy a cool name does not make him any better then the rest. Umbra for example for all the hype around her took me less then 2 minutes to beat at level 20 and I am a close range fighter. Also making a Huge Monster like the Super Mutant Behemoth so strong doesn't negate the fact that I can run backwards and drop him without being touched.

Overall Oblivion has more to do and Fallout has more believability and enjoyable story
So where to put the money? They are both about equal in my book. I love both games and that comes from someone who hates 99% of all FPS games made post DOOM 2.

If you can only buy one I say buy the one that suits you more. If your into fantasy, buy Oblivion. If you are into Sci-Fi, buy Fallout 3.

Blacks
26-06-2009, 02:30 AM
Interesting review. Definitely worth playing for any RPG fan out there although the game gets a bit repetitive as you get to the final goal. I didn't even expected when i finished the game. There is no culmination of any kind in this game. And yeah i agree with you about the bosses. I also saved all the big nukes and weapons for some sort of last boss or something. The environment was superb although the engine obviously needed a bit more work (try walking cross). All in all i agree with your score of 8/10.

Jedclark
26-06-2009, 08:15 PM
this g@me l00ks t00 stoopid

Oh my f***ing god. You said that, and your making yourself sound thick and retarded.

One more time - hit it!

"this g@me l00ks t00 stoopid"

You can go further:

th1s g@m3 l00ks st00p1d1

The one on the end is intentional, meant to be this persons version of a exclamation mark.

omegaweaponXII
03-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Interesting review. Definitely worth playing for any RPG fan out there although the game gets a bit repetitive as you get to the final goal. I didn't even expected when i finished the game. There is no culmination of any kind in this game. And yeah i agree with you about the bosses. I also saved all the big nukes and weapons for some sort of last boss or something. The environment was superb although the engine obviously needed a bit more work (try walking cross). All in all i agree with your score of 8/10.

i agree very .... um....monotone??

Eamer
27-07-2009, 03:20 AM
I played Fallout for about five hours and although I was impressed with the graphics and everything else I just didn't enjoy it. It wasn't fun to play and I wasn't intrigued by the storyline at all. The only part I enjoyed was whilst I was still locked up in 101. As soon as I got out it just wasn't at all enjoyable at all. I got as far as the second floor of a hotel I believe and into a room that had about five huge super mutants that I had to try and kill... again, just not fun. There are loads of them and it's just walk to this place, kill mutants, walk to this place, kill mutants and was the same throughout.

It looks pretty and swish but playing it didn't give me a feeling that I wanted to put it back into my console and play it again and again. It seems like more "hey, look how much we can put in a game, its huge but samey throughout" rather than "hey, look at this game, it's really fun to play whilst also looking really good".

Needless to say, I sold it on. Bought for £15. Sold for £13.50. Not a huge loss. Glad I tried it out at least...

InfectiousHumanWaste
30-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Didn't enjoy reading this review, so I'm going to to take a few hours today and do one.

Vyse the Legend
30-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Didn't enjoy reading this review, so I'm going to to take a few hours today and do one.

Does that mean we now are allowing multiple reviews of a game on the glossary? Or are you just doing one for the sake of it?

kamil0321
30-07-2009, 09:51 PM
VERY VERY VERY GOOD REVIEW i would of added abit more but u might not be a fallout 3 fan like me but still u made a very very good review

FIX3R
07-08-2009, 01:16 PM
i THINK ITS COOL GAME JUST LIKE OBLIVION :rolleyes:

Rawgasm
07-08-2009, 01:26 PM
i THINK YOU SHOULD ALL SHUT UP WITH YOUR BLOODY CAPS LOCKING BULL****

Jedclark
07-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Fallout 3 is a special videogame. It's an open-world role-playing game that delivers an experience unlike anything on the market right now. It's a gripping and expansive showcase of how much depth and excitement can be packed into one videogame, and it does justice to the Fallout franchise. This sequel is the first made by Bethesda, the developers responsible The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. You don't need to play any of their past games or any previous Fallout games to enjoy this one. It stands on its own as a memorable and well-crafted videogame.

Does anybody else think this post looks like it has been copied and pasted?

Dark Seducer
07-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Does anybody else think this post looks like it has been copied and pasted?

That's because it has > http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:ign:4b791005b0a0253ae2eff9b2c7dc81a1/Fallout-3-Review?action=share&sharedasset=article%2F1:ign:4b791005b0a0253ae2eff9 b2c7dc81a1

Jedclark
07-08-2009, 04:23 PM
That's because it has > http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:ign:4b791005b0a0253ae2eff9b2c7dc81a1/Fallout-3-Review?action=share&sharedasset=article%2F1:ign:4b791005b0a0253ae2eff9 b2c7dc81a1

I knew it :)

PlayStation
10-08-2009, 07:54 AM
So routine stereotypes are a big nono for me...will bear that in mind.I thought otherwise though I have not played or toyed with it.

kamil0321
10-08-2009, 06:08 PM
FALLOUT 3 4 LIFE IT OWNS !!!
IT SHOULD GET A 9.9/10

briangarg
29-08-2009, 12:30 PM
The reviews given by you are great. I have never played any game of the fallout series but the graphics and the picture tell the story. I read some one was trying to make it the game of the year.

XBOX360DON
29-08-2009, 01:46 PM
My bro has this game on 360 and it looks good, but can some one tell me whether I should play it on console or PC?

Vyse the Legend
31-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Brian the game has already one plenty of awards, including lots of websites and magazines Game of the Year.

And Xbox360Don, I would say the best way to answer that is to say how used you are to playing similiar kinds of games on PC. Personally I wouldn't try it, would just seem awkward, but if you enjoy your PC based gaming, that it's worth a go, otherwise I'd stick to console.

Loup
31-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I got Fallout 3 as a completely spontaneous buy (FPS aren't normally my thing) just because it had a dog on it =P But I actually fell in love with the game. I'd definitely go out and buy it =]

Plus if you get stuck, you can just ask all the fanatics on this website for help, it's like a free gaming guide right here =P

Jedclark
31-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I got Fallout 3 as a completely spontaneous buy (FPS aren't normally my thing) just because it had a dog on it =P But I actually fell in love with the game. I'd definitely go out and buy it =]

Plus if you get stuck, you can just ask all the fanatics on this website for help, it's like a free gaming guide right here =P

Just don't get Kamil too hyped up - you know what happens...

Loup
31-08-2009, 12:37 PM

Haha, normally I don't like one generic posts but I wanted to you know how much I appreciated that joke =P

Jedclark
31-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Haha, normally I don't like one generic posts but I wanted to you know how much I appreciated that joke =P

You can take it either way, advice, or a joke. It is serious though. One mention of Fallout - BAM! He doesn't stop.

PieInTheSky
31-08-2009, 02:00 PM

+1 This is a risk, Fallout 3 is getting boring for me. (shields up and charging)

Jedclark
31-08-2009, 02:33 PM
You better be charging your laser, too! Anyway, it was good for me, but could never find the side quests.

PieInTheSky
31-08-2009, 07:19 PM
Use a guide jed, just to find them that is. IMA CHARGING MAE LAZER!

Vyse the Legend
01-09-2009, 05:45 PM
You better be charging your laser, too! Anyway, it was good for me, but could never find the side quests.

Well there aren't that many side quests, probably around 15 to 20, and nearly all of them are initiated by just talking to someone in a town, they are pretty easy to find, providing you've found the location though. But I'd imagine at least half aren't a challenge.

Jedclark
01-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Lol - I completed the game at level 13 - no exploring or nothing. Just wandering around doing the main story missions. Now, however, I am going to be doing side quests, and in fact, popping it in my Xbox 360 drive now.

PieInTheSky
01-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Are you now?

Jedclark
01-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Are you now?

Well, not anymore - I decided on CoD4.

Vyse the Legend
01-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Hahaha well I'm still going through the story, but I purposely have done most of the exploring first, and left the story stuff till later on, knowing that it doesn't take long to finish. Probably be carrying on with it myself in an hour or so, and see what happens. At a good point too.

Dante
01-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Hahaha well I'm still going through the story, but I purposely have done most of the exploring first, and left the story stuff till later on, knowing that it doesn't take long to finish. Probably be carrying on with it myself in an hour or so, and see what happens. At a good point too.

The game ends with the story if you don't have the Broken Steel DLC, in case you didn't know. And it has the most godawful ending ever.

Jedclark
01-09-2009, 06:49 PM

Okay - after doing immensely bad at CoD4, I have decided to give World at War a bash. If I do bad - I guess it is back to Fallout.

The game ends with the story if you don't have the Broken Steel DLC, in case you didn't know. And it has the most godawful ending ever.

Don't we all know? Worst. Ending. Ever.

Vyse the Legend
01-09-2009, 08:28 PM

Hmmm just the way the game is panning out that wouldn't surprise me. I'll get the continuation of the story through Broken Steel at a later date though.

Assassin
05-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Nice review...perhaps a even nice game.. Too bad I uninstalled it as I got bored initially .. :( :(

No_Monkey_Business
09-10-2009, 06:34 PM
i think this game is awesome but i agree with most things said on the review, the series is the same because they are all called fallout and that means the story is going to be about a nuclear fallout...

vsharma72
10-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Skills and perks, skills are essential, and as a good role-playing game you’ll have to choose 3-4 main skills to advance. You can choose to use small guns and hack computers, picklock and science and the list goes on, but you can’t have them all balanced, actually the game always has 2-3 options, like if you can’t picklock the strongbox, you can hack the computer and unlock it from there, and if you have balanced skills then you will end up doing nothing. You can choose one perk per level, perks is like feat in D&D something bonus, basically more skill points. Perks can lead to a good combination of perks and skills mixed up, there is a good amount of perks for every type of a character you wanna be.

Oxidious
15-01-2010, 08:19 PM
I completely disagree with you reviewer! This game to me has been amazing so far, I have had no annoyances yet (almost done the game - lv 28). Also if you find that the VATS system takes you out of the FPS feel, dont use it, i hardly do, only when i want to see some nice visuals. Also, the game is pretty hard your first time, it's not like its simple and you can just beat it in a day. The amount of detail that went into this leveling is great too. The unarmed skill is only useless because you dont like to use it. My first time playing it I used fists quite a bit.

I Don't agree with having bosses in RPGs either, it's just not logical to me. Although they should have more tough enemies, like groups of them. Anyways you really miss the point of this game. They really captured what it feels like to be in a place that literally has barely anything. Your constantly rummaging through things to find caps, weapons, ammo, it truly is an post-apocalyptic world. Many times throughout the game I caught myself getting frustrated cause its so hard to find things sometimes, then you stumble across a goldmine so to speak and your like "YES!!!!" Anyways I agree with you on a couple of the cons in there but other than that, I love this game.

vandy160890
16-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I have played Fall Out 2 but havnt got Fallout3.
After reading your review the game looks great & I will buy it soon.

Vyse the Legend
17-01-2010, 10:13 PM
;
I Don't agree with having bosses in RPGs either, it's just not logical to me.

But bosses in RPG's are a staple of the genre, they would be missing a core ingrediant should you remove them, and say replace them with just larger numbers of regular enemies or something. That moment when you see a save sphere and await what boss is coming, that's one thing that draws me to RPG's, in a game like this, yes they aren't needed, but for classic/traditional ones I think they are very important.

Oxidious
18-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Well in this game it seems more logical to have say super mutants then a couple behemoth mutants, i guess that would be like a boss thing but they arent horribly tough such as a boss would be.

UltimateWeapon
18-01-2010, 12:51 AM
i might buy this one in the future but i'm not sure yet

Vyse the Legend
18-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Well in this game it seems more logical to have say super mutants then a couple behemoth mutants, i guess that would be like a boss thing but they arent horribly tough such as a boss would be.

I wouldn't even say that this game has boss fights to be honest, and that's the way it should be. And I don't think the game is particularly tough at all, with or without bosses.

Alfie23
20-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't even say that this game has boss fights to be honest, and that's the way it should be. And I don't think the game is particularly tough at all, with or without bosses.you got some point. But my son likes that game with or without boss.

Dekar0
18-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Saw this played once, it seems interesting, if it drops to 20 bucks I'll prob get it.

sgchr
05-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Good review, short and concise. I agree, NPC are not that smart, allowing you to steal just in front of them, but I guess that's why you have Luck. You can get caught or not, it depends on the trait, on the other hands.

gamingaddiction
06-04-2010, 04:14 AM
Good review, I agree with most of the points you made in it, good layout and just really good in general :) nice work cw.

Vyse the Legend
06-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Good review, I agree with most of the points you made in it, good layout and just really good in general :) nice work cw.

Just a quick note, quite often the name of the actual reviewer is printed at the end of the review. Because only staff members can post reviews, whilst it may look like they (such as CW in that case,) made the review, we only add the reviews into the forum from other people.

kamil0321
07-04-2010, 05:49 PM
FALLOUT 3 = ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE!!!
anyways very very nice review and now there is more DLCs so there is more monsters and adventures!

cotcher
09-04-2010, 05:12 AM
Great Review.....!
You must be some gamer l found Fallout3 To Complicated and Give up,but l did find KILLZONE2 intresting...! /cool

Vyse the Legend
09-04-2010, 07:26 PM
No idea how anyone can find Fallout complicated, it's an easy game to get to grips with.

the_healer
10-04-2010, 03:31 AM
Very complex RPG game, very interesting. I play it in my lappy, eventough in low graphic but still very nice.
But the problem is, a thief have stole (taken) my lappy. And I can't continue play this very interesting video game, :-(

Talentz
10-04-2010, 01:55 PM
I just got the 'Game of the year edition with all expansion packs' which I'm very pleased about, this is gonna last me for a while, since I'm starting again with good karma. Gonna rock it out today.

lavisdragoon
16-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Good, solid review. I may have a reason to try it now ;)

mariastyras
21-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Duper Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one conclusive morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the cogent and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

night watchman
17-03-2011, 01:49 PM
shame the game engine is so glitched but i continued and completed all the missions Never managed to get to that vault with the huge radiation though

ProfessorWhizz
07-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Fallout 3 is in my opinion one of the best video games i have ever played.

XxZoMbi3DogxX
09-04-2011, 08:08 PM
nice review :)

StationInfantry
11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Nice Read

StationInfantry
11-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Nice Rea

StationInfantry
11-04-2011, 09:37 AM
d

oops sorry

VincentClaw
11-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Fallout 3 is one of the best games i've ever played, great review

axional
16-04-2011, 03:49 AM
Quite a good review you missed out some of the CRITICAL points but it's good all around. 6/10 Review

xfly1458
16-04-2011, 05:19 AM
IMO...any type of game like this is best played through the PC to get its full capability...Fallout just became garbage when it came to console

ahseph
18-04-2011, 09:32 PM
hmmm i wonder if i should get the game now? =(

mevidek
19-04-2011, 11:21 PM

Actually you can turn on god mode, but you'll need to use the console

naapa92
23-04-2011, 03:32 PM
goodgame

Rukaria
23-04-2011, 09:08 PM
A mediocre review at best, sorry to say. I'd like to point out that being able to change your standing in terms of Karma any time you'd like doesn't make the system ****. It just allows you to construct the kind of character you'd like without restrictions. Also I'd like to note, that other games with Good/Bad systems allow you to do the exact same thing. The flaws in the weight system aren't a big deal either. You've become overweight, so drop something. Then you simply fast travel, sell, and fast travel back. Takes no more than two to four minutes and of course you benefit from it. So what's the big hassle?

"Npc and every day life, THEY ARE TERRIBLE, you can actually go to everyone’s house and steal anything you want in front of their own eyes, and they will do nothing to stop you", perhaps a flaw in your game? Because that's not true in the least. You steal something, they'll either start attacking you or find someone to attack you. Also, if you commit a murder in front of another citizen, they will, in fact, do something about it. You mentioned there are only approximately three variations of enemies. Again, not true. Some more examples: Boatflies, Centaurs, Death Claws, Enclave, Mirelurks, Giant Ants, MoleRats, Sentry Bots, Slavers, and several more.

I don't see how it can be a routine either. Despite the generic wasteland, there are almost two hundred locations. Just to be clear, there are in fact, bosses. There may be very little of them, but they exist. For one, there are about four or five Behemoths in the game, also I recall fighting a one of a kind, Giant Queen Fire Ant. These are all main flaws that you pointed out that are honestly false to say the least.

Enough about the game, moving on to the actual review. A few spelling errors, not a big deal at all, but it's fair to point them out. You could have listed some Pros/Cons at the end, to sum up your points. You listed very few good qualities of the game and focused on the down sides, yet still rewarded it with an 8/10. I'm a huge fan of Fallout 3 and I'd like to see it get a fair review, thanks.

dblue
26-04-2011, 03:29 AM
i gave it a 9

Dark Seducer
26-04-2011, 10:05 AM
A mediocre review at best, sorry to say. I'd like to point out that being able to change your standing in terms of Karma any time you'd like doesn't make the system ****. It just allows you to construct the kind of character you'd like without restrictions. Also I'd like to note, that other games with Good/Bad systems allow you to do the exact same thing. The flaws in the weight system aren't a big deal either. You've become overweight, so drop something. Then you simply fast travel, sell, and fast travel back. Takes no more than two to four minutes and of course you benefit from it. So what's the big hassle?

"Npc and every day life, THEY ARE TERRIBLE, you can actually go to everyone’s house and steal anything you want in front of their own eyes, and they will do nothing to stop you", perhaps a flaw in your game? Because that's not true in the least. You steal something, they'll either start attacking you or find someone to attack you. Also, if you commit a murder in front of another citizen, they will, in fact, do something about it. You mentioned there are only approximately three variations of enemies. Again, not true. Some more examples: Boatflies, Centaurs, Death Claws, Enclave, Mirelurks, Giant Ants, MoleRats, Sentry Bots, Slavers, and several more.

I don't see how it can be a routine either. Despite the generic wasteland, there are almost two hundred locations. Just to be clear, there are in fact, bosses. There may be very little of them, but they exist. For one, there are about four or five Behemoths in the game, also I recall fighting a one of a kind, Giant Queen Fire Ant. These are all main flaws that you pointed out that are honestly false to say the least.

Enough about the game, moving on to the actual review. A few spelling errors, not a big deal at all, but it's fair to point them out. You could have listed some Pros/Cons at the end, to sum up your points. You listed very few good qualities of the game and focused on the down sides, yet still rewarded it with an 8/10. I'm a huge fan of Fallout 3 and I'd like to see it get a fair review, thanks.

Why don't you write one up then? :p

Ascar1s
27-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Good review! I found myself thinking for brief moments of playing Fallout 3... "why am I playing this? Am I getting bored?" To which the answers were "because its still bloody good" and "yes, but only because you spent the last 2 hours searching for a gun your brother told you about and may not actually exist."

Rukaria
27-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Why don't you write one up then? :p

I think I will :D

susam
06-05-2011, 06:35 PM
gotta try this

sirenx3
10-05-2011, 04:16 PM
yeah this was a very good game 9/10

GamerKid
12-05-2011, 12:58 AM
I also love this game! (:

Wikileeks
12-05-2011, 04:10 AM
This game is an unending orgasm of violence!

I just luuuuv it!

faycel23kb
12-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Nice review man

nana1353
12-05-2011, 08:49 PM
I love this game.

pompano
12-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Very Nice Review. :)

Jenesix
20-05-2011, 09:37 AM
After reading all the positive comments I decided to dust this game off and give it a go. I loved the world, liked the RPG elements and combat (VATS is a lot of fun with the bloody mess perk!) but at 29hrs in I've finished the story line. I was under the impression this game was epically huge and the story was awesome?

Don't get me wrong thats a fairly long game and I'm sure there's loads more side quests to find but I followed the storyline and did any sub quests along the way from people I met and I did explore a bit as well. I'm just kind of disappointed by the main storyline. It was really short and there was no build up or anything it was just find dad, found dad, turn on purifier, yay we did it??? Come one! I'm glad I wandered off and did side missions and the wasteland survival guide among other quests as if I'd gone through just the main story I honestly think it would've lasted a few hours.

Don't get me wrong Liberty Prime is a cool robot but walking behind him as he basically completes the final mission for me is kinda a massive let down. I'm so glad I have the GOTY edition as I can continue and maybe go out and explore a bit and do the extra content but without that I would've been pretty disappointed. I honestly was expecting more story and the ending cinematic really took me by surprise, I didn't expect the Enclave to just roll over so easy and be like "oh well they win". Would the game of continued after that cinematic without the add on pack anyway or would it have ended? Just wondering cause that would have sucked!

Don't get me wrong as I said I really enjoyed the world of Fallout so I'm not bashing the game as such just I'm a little let down by the narrative. Mass Effect 2 and GTA4 took similar amount of time to complete and it was all story which gave me a point to invest in the game. I just found Fallout's DLC and side missions more appealing than the main story line and surely that shouldn't be the case?

What does everyone else think?

Turnip
20-05-2011, 09:42 AM
After reading all the positive comments I decided to dust this game off and give it a go. I loved the world, liked the RPG elements and combat (VATS is a lot of fun with the bloody mess perk!) but at 29hrs in I've finished the story line. I was under the impression this game was epically huge and the story was awesome?

Don't get me wrong thats a fairly long game and I'm sure there's loads more side quests to find but I followed the storyline and did any sub quests along the way from people I met and I did explore a bit as well. I'm just kind of disappointed by the main storyline. It was really short and there was no build up or anything it was just find dad, found dad, turn on purifier, yay we did it??? Come one! I'm glad I wandered off and did side missions and the wasteland survival guide among other quests as if I'd gone through just the main story I honestly think it would've lasted a few hours.

Don't get me wrong Liberty Prime is a cool robot but walking behind him as he basically completes the final mission for me is kinda a massive let down. I'm so glad I have the GOTY edition as I can continue and maybe go out and explore a bit and do the extra content but without that I would've been pretty disappointed. I honestly was expecting more story and the ending cinematic really took me by surprise, I didn't expect the Enclave to just roll over so easy and be like "oh well they win". Would the game of continued after that cinematic without the add on pack anyway or would it have ended? Just wondering cause that would have sucked!

Don't get me wrong as I said I really enjoyed the world of Fallout so I'm not bashing the game as such just I'm a little let down by the narrative. Mass Effect 2 and GTA4 took similar amount of time to complete and it was all story which gave me a point to invest in the game. I just found Fallout's DLC and side missions more appealing than the main story line and surely that shouldn't be the case?

What does everyone else think?

To be honest, it sounds like you would prefer New Vegas. I thought the story was lacking something too in F3, but in NV there is just so much more to do, if you complete all the side quests in that in 30 hours you've done some serious playing. I loved F3, but preferred NV overall i'd say.

Jenesix
20-05-2011, 09:54 AM
As i said theres probably loads more to do and I will be giving it a crack. But like most games like this I do a story mission then a load of side ones and then do another story mission as it usually opens up more side quests but it just didn't work for me I guess. I presume I was meant to ignore the story, go off into the wasteland and aimlessly wander til i find stuff then eventually do the main game? I just prefer having a purpose like find the declaration of independence and on my travels discover loads of cool places, it gives me purpose to get around them or through them to my goal. I like freedom of choice and all that but i like a bit of direction to. For example point me to a mission but let me get there my own way and discover cool stuff, when the game does this its great but it just didn't push me to explore the whole map and I'm not one for randomly walking around all day looking for action. I would like 50 hours of gameplay not 10 taken up of hiking is all :)

I feel i've probably missed a load of stuff which sucks but I was hoping as I progressed the main story I'd be directed towards some of it as I met new people but I guess I needed to go out and find it all. Bit overwhelming! I think I will still give Fallout NV a shot, might be better for me.

2008paul
20-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Nice review!
Thanks

ibrahim692
20-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Very nice thread, and the best is the PC Mods, oh yeah!

gadgetgod
01-06-2011, 08:18 PM
I absolutely love Fallout 3, but when i play it i cant help but compare it to Oblivion which is produced by the same company, and i much prefer Oblivion. I think the story and gameplay throughout Fallout 3 is amazing but i think the possibilities in the game are limited of that compared to Oblivion. It would be much better if you could become alot more involved with the factions in fallout like you can in Oblivion.

Turnip
02-06-2011, 11:39 AM
As i said theres probably loads more to do and I will be giving it a crack. But like most games like this I do a story mission then a load of side ones and then do another story mission as it usually opens up more side quests but it just didn't work for me I guess. I presume I was meant to ignore the story, go off into the wasteland and aimlessly wander til i find stuff then eventually do the main game? I just prefer having a purpose like find the declaration of independence and on my travels discover loads of cool places, it gives me purpose to get around them or through them to my goal. I like freedom of choice and all that but i like a bit of direction to. For example point me to a mission but let me get there my own way and discover cool stuff, when the game does this its great but it just didn't push me to explore the whole map and I'm not one for randomly walking around all day looking for action. I would like 50 hours of gameplay not 10 taken up of hiking is all :)

I feel i've probably missed a load of stuff which sucks but I was hoping as I progressed the main story I'd be directed towards some of it as I met new people but I guess I needed to go out and find it all. Bit overwhelming! I think I will still give Fallout NV a shot, might be better for me.

This is the thing i didn't like about F3. They seemed to spend a lot of effort in making a storyline that would compel your character to follow it, and yet make it completely optional? Seems sort of contradictory really. Who the hell would leave the vault intending to find their dad, but just go wander around aimlessly instead in real life?

If you like "purpose", then maybe you wouldn't enjoy New Vegas' story line. Basically, you've been shot in the head and the main story revolves around you finding the guy who shot you, but you don't have to do it at all if you don't want. There is way way more side questions than in F3 and they are way more entertaining too. However, i did reach a point recently where my quest list is insanely long and i just don't know what to do next. My advise would be to do quests wen you get them, don't let them all pile up else it gets confusing.

ChillyHot
02-06-2011, 11:43 AM
There is way way more side questions than in F3 and they are way more entertaining too. However, i did reach a point recently where my quest list is insanely long and i just don't know what to do next. My advise would be to do quests wen you get them, don't let them all pile up else it gets confusing.

This is what put me off Oblivion tbh. I had so many quests Pile up i couldn't tell what to do first or which one would benefit me most. I just became overwhelmed and kinda lost interest in the game.

Turnip
02-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Yeah, i nearly lost interest, but i just decided to concentrate on a few that looked quick and easy and got them out of the way.

I also didn't like the way that you get about 5 quests with the "the house always wins" thing, that was confusing.

shaunr1981
08-06-2011, 07:17 PM
funny I actually own this and never played it. my wife has beaten it and loves the series though

snakefire41
10-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Well if anyone finds this game boring...email or message me for some suggestions

gracypetro
13-06-2011, 10:12 AM
I play it in my PS3. Its really the great Xbox game. I also play it in PC but I like to play in PS3 most.

krackerjack
02-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Really fun game! Loved it so much I bought Fallout New Vegas when it came out and was a bit disappointed to be honest! Fallout 3 is definitely one of the better games of late! Loved the quirkiness and the gameplay-style (even if you end up relying on VATS alot of the time)! Definitely a good game! Very nice review too! :D

Jenesix
11-08-2011, 12:57 PM
even if you end up relying on VATS alot of the time!

I went back to Fallout 3 last night after having a few weeks break (I had completed it and now have DLC packs to do) and I am currently going through Point Lookout. One thing I must say is you get your money worth for DLC in this game, the area is completely different to the rest of Fallout 3 which is a nice change and it's literally huge I am impressed, loads to do. Can't complain as other than Mass Effect this is one of the rare occasions where I feel DLC is worthy of being paid for, great addition to the game.

However I have finally worked out what my issue is with the game…..

I usually play it in a customised over the shoulder zoomed (think resident evil 5) sort of viewpoint as the top half of the characters animations are fine its just the walking, jumping and basically anything leg related that is poor to look at. But I automatically loaded the game in first person and forgot to change it so carried on as usual. What I realised was I wasn't naturally relying on VATS like usual and I started playing the game like any FPS title and taking on the enemies normally as it was easier to aim…..or so I thought!

I've realised my issue with this game is that outside VATs, the aiming / shooting system is shockingly poor. Hit areas are all over the place and actually connecting with an enemy on target is near on impossible! Coupled with poor character animations your onto some real pot luck gameplay when shooting in real time. I ended up just startling enemies, backing up and hip firing a shotgun as lining up shots to the head and firing seemed pointless as nothing really made much of a difference.

This brings me to my second problem, enemy AI, I never realised how poor it actually is! Every enemy in the game whether your crouched or not randomly is alerted to your presence regardless of line of sight within a certain distance and just come charging at you head on. No use of cover, no team tactics, flanking or anything just turn, run and shoot. This poor AI backed up by poor shooting mechanics really is my biggest gripe with this game which is a real shame as aesthetically it's very pleasing, the environments and settings are cool and some missions are great. It's just surprising when you stop relying on VATs for every fight how bad it's core mechanic (as it is primarily a shooter) actually are. I will carry on regardless as it is a good game don't get me wrong and you can't knock how ambitious it is, especially for a console title. But I'm surprised I seem to be A) the only person who doesn't think this game is incredible and B) the only person to have noticed this frankly massive flaw in the core gameplay.

All I can say is thank god for VAT's! They've successfully managed to hide sub-par game design, I'm almost impressed!

Thunderpants
13-08-2011, 11:30 PM
I loved this game traded it in and bought it three times, I do think your a bit harsh with some points, the gameplay is a little stiff particularly with the shooting but the level up system and amount of locations plus the add-ons makes this game pretty diverse. The point of the game is progression and being helpless in certain situations, the are other melee weapons that were not stated. Other than that nice review

whitegon
14-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Nice review. Thanks

Epic Win
29-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Nice review.

You guys now that Interplay the original creators of Fallout are back now? They are in a lawsuit with Bethesda,

Jenesix
23-09-2011, 09:52 AM
the gameplay is a little stiff particularly with the shooting but the level up system and amount of locations plus the add-ons makes this game pretty diverse.

Plus points for map size and add ons I agree. But fundamentally it is still built around a FPS mechanic and this very flawed. If it wasn't for the VATS system, it be horrendous.

schwa
26-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Based on the screenshots, I may define this game as my favoite type of action game. LOL, the interface seems to make players feel like shoot with a collimator.

stanfleyhop
16-01-2012, 08:07 PM
I heard fallout were good even in the old days.

metin2-fan
12-04-2012, 05:39 PM
very good game :) i love shooter games

maxy88
18-06-2012, 02:18 PM
One of my favorite games, having played the previous 2 titles. The only problem I had with it was the low replay-ability factor.

Vyse the Legend
20-06-2012, 03:50 PM
One of my favorite games, having played the previous 2 titles. The only problem I had with it was the low replay-ability factor.

Wouldn't say the replay factor is that low, though it depends on how thorough you are in your main playthrough, because it's not like there aren't enough places to explore or quests to tackle.

jermbot1
28-06-2012, 06:17 AM
I don't know about you guys personally i feel more adamently immersed in the fallout new vegas
http://teamalphagaming.com/fallout-new-vegas/

Viixen
29-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Ive played it through once with awesome amazing karma, I wanna play it through again so I might do the neutral as i think itll be harder to achieve.

Vyse the Legend
29-06-2012, 11:09 PM
Yeah neutral playthroughs, in a lot of games), tend to be the hardest to achieve, largely because it's so easy to keep sticking to a good/bad playthrough, rather than a balance of both.

Best way with Fallout though is probably to start off with good karma, and then be evil to go back to neutral, because from experience it's so much easier to kill a random village and turn bad, than to try and make people like you once you've killed their kids or something hahaha.

VaporNation
02-08-2012, 11:31 PM
i dont understand what all the hype is about fallout 3

fr3quenzy
31-08-2012, 08:52 AM
To be frank. Bored of same old stuff, need something new in this game now :|