PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing - Wii

CW
06-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Animal Crossing: City Folk (US Title) or Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City (Europe and Australia Title) for Nintendo Wii (Released on November 16th and December 4th/5th (Australia/Europe))

I know, it's a long way to explain the game's title but I'm doing it to avoid being corrected.

Like it's predecessors, Animal Crossing involves no storyline and no definite end to the gameplay... yet, it still rocks ever the more! You're a human that just moved away from home to start fresh and live on your own! You've found a nice little town and decided on one of four houses. You're happy to know you have one waiting for you, but a liiiiitle bit ticked when you end up wearing a gaudy uniform, with Nook's trademarked
leaf", and become his little gopher person (Let's be a little PC for anyone that might get offended). But, it's over soon enough and you feel ready to take on the world and pay debt after debt, as your little shack becomes a home of your own design!

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/196/933195_20080715_screen002.jpg

Your next plan is to check out a place you never thought would be possible in an AC game... THE CITY!!! The first bus ride to the city is sweet, because you meet Rover, who helped you get a place to stay! After a little chat you end up in the City. and what a fine place it is! a theater, a fashion boutique, an auction house, and many other places to improve you quality of life! You may want to stop by Shampoodle if you want to look more like your personal Mii character, and the first makeover is free! Be careful of the infamous "Crazy Redd", though he may sell good items to the supposed "Members", you may want to be sure his Paintings are legit'.

The graphics have been greatly improved, making almost every motion in the game seem almost real! With the Mii Mask you get from Shampoodle, you even look like yourself! With the ability to look into the sky, the combination between the DS and Gamecube versions makes this one an interesting buy. It gets even better with the WiiSpeak Microphone, allowing you to talk with anyone online! Weather conditions are also improved with everything else in perfect harmony!

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/275/933195_20081002_screen002.jpg

Old holiday events come back with region specific ones, as well as some new ones for everyone to enjoy! You can even enjoy some things online that you couldn't do before! Online enhancements gets even cooler with the ability to send mail to other towns, even from your own town! There's also supposed to be additional content coming later on (but, only if you want it!).

There's so much about this game that pictures couldn't fully describe how cool this game is and may come to be in later months! You can even purchase special items for accumulating certain amounts of points, and there's so much more... but, I'll leave it up to you gamers to see for yourself!

9/10

Written by Lokker Gattez

The real gamer_thing
06-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Great review Lokker!

Talentz
07-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Woah Nice one dude, Umm very interesting review, your very good at this and keep up the good work man =)

Star Hustler
07-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Good review but I wanna say the first animal crossing is an example of a game returning to what gaming used to be before the fanboys went completely nuts, before everything was about graphics and frame rate, and before developers ran out of originality. That said Animal Crossing: City Folk/ Let's Go to the City is about fun, and nothing else, it is extremely addicting to play...seriously it is.

vrc2k?
07-12-2008, 06:01 PM
wow spinja is back......

anyway, good review

can you make a second review of this game in about 6 months because the game is likely to change quite a lot.

saleelm03
07-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Excellent review lol! Spinja and all was rocking game at once. good that they have launched again

Vyse the Legend
08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Very nice review Lokker! I have this for Xmas, and am really looking forward to just wasting away hours in my little town, though I haven't thought of a name for it yet hehe.

Lokker Gattez
09-12-2008, 12:02 AM
I hope the images aren't too big for you people to tolerate. I'd've prefered to keep it pic' free and just hope people are interested enough to see the thing for real.

Henaru
23-01-2009, 02:11 AM
I actually didn't expect this game to be given a review by someone on here..and its a good one wow...I've thought about getting this for the wii speack option and thats about it. I have a DS version for pure pleasure of something to do EVERY day, cause it is that type of game. 10/10 from me, I have given it a go and the Wii Speak just hooked me in.

Rukaria
08-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Well written, always liked the Animal Crossing series.