PDA

View Full Version : pc problems!!!!!!

johnston
26-07-2006, 02:01 PM
I dont know if anybody can help me with this but for the past week ive been playing games it keeps cutting out and going back to the desktop screen,but the game is still running in most cases because it stays on the taskbar and i can just click it back up.I dont know what it could be because ive been playing these games for a while and never had a problem till now.I dont think its a virus because i scanned my pc twice and it came up with nothing.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............... ..........please:(

feverish
01-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Try scanning your PC for spywares and adwares. These things can be so annoying!

Also try shutting down softwares that you don't need but are running in the background. You can do this by opening the Task Manager and going to Processes. :)

johnston
01-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks ill give it a go.

feverish
02-08-2006, 09:10 PM
No problem!

Tell me how it goes. :)

jivixfromwc3
08-08-2006, 08:36 AM
also, make sure you arent pressing the keys with the windows logo on them, it will minimize the game and bring up the start menu, but since it was in game you wouldnt likely see the menu open. i play wc3, and it happens all the time. (i wish i could take the keys out, i dont see why they need to be there)

Scott croft
08-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Strangely I have had the same problem with Rome total war. Every time I destroy the Greek's it just goes back to the desktop??

johnston
09-08-2006, 01:56 PM
Its not the windows key thats causing it,although i do press it by mistake somtimes:mad:
I dont no what causes it, i had a look at the processes list to see if it was anything on there but i dont want to stop any of the processes because im not sure what their for.:confused:

ninikins
09-08-2006, 02:16 PM
When this happened to me some time ago whan I was playing Myst, it turned out to be a worm virus, it was hard to get rid of. I recommend a thorough virus scan.

johnston
09-08-2006, 05:34 PM
I have only got the free ntl anti-virus and windows defender.Do I need a better one and how much does the best anti-virus cost?