PDA

View Full Version : Nintendogs - Nintendo DS

Shooting Palanx
26-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Nintendogs - Nintendo DS (Release Date: 2005)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/Dalmatianfriends.jpg

I'm sure people can familiarize yourselves with the games Tamagotchi, or at least had one of those little virtual pet games, such as Digimon or Pokemon? Well to no surprise this is the same deal, only with cute cuddly puppies at your disposal.

You start off with a puppy, which you get to choose such as the breed of the dog, and so on, and edit your profile in the process.

This game was probably one of the launch games for the DS, and was a pretty big seller with the kids, I mean how can you resist those cute puppies?

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/N/Nintendogs/Bulk%20Viewers/DS/2--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

At first I was sceptic towards the game, thinking that it was just a game for kids (which is true), but for some reason found myself playing this more and more....and was just fun to play.

You have various options within this game, such as walking your dog, taking your dog to the park, swapping your dog at a hotel in order to get another dog, you can even buy a puppy given that you have the right amount of cash.

The only way to get cash in this game is to win competitions, which you can only enter 3 times in one day, the limit did annoy me too, but there are ways of getting around it.

Auto commands are also a big thing in this game, where you call your puppy to you for instance, and let's say you pet the dog using the DS pen, therefore giving you an option to give the dog a voice command such as "sit" if the puppy is sitting.

You are also limited to 3 puppies at one time, although you can put one puppy at the hotel thus giving you a free spot to purchase another puppy.

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/N/Nintendogs/Bulk%20Viewers/DS/13--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

My favorite thing about the game, was feeding the puppies, and playing them music so they can go night night.

So let's re-cap shall we:

- This game is a must buy for anyone who's bored and just wants something fun to do
- A Must get for those who enjoy playing with puppies in a virtual sense
- Is an awesome game to get for your little cousin or a niece

The down-falls:

- It gets repetitive time to time
- The limit you get on entering competitions is too small (3 days)
- If you don't feed them often (bad things could happen to them)

The Graphics are decent, the gameplay is fun, and this is just good fun-loving puppies who are easily man's best friend :)

Rate: 7/10

The real gamer_thing
26-12-2008, 02:59 AM
This game had a weird effect on me. I loved playing it, but after a few weeks it just got tiring, so I sold it (for a good price as well).

But you know what, I feel like playing it again right now. That's the effect that loads of these pick up and play games have on me.

Good review btw.

garfieldisntfat
26-12-2008, 03:03 AM
The review was a bit too short imo, but then, I guess that Nintendogs pretty much says it all.

I still need to try this out. It just looks too gay to be true.

Shooting Palanx
26-12-2008, 04:17 AM
Lol, there wasn't much to elaborate on lol....it's simple, you have puppies you look after em, that's it lol...

Good reviews are judged from substance :p

Vyse the Legend
26-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Nice review SP. Don't think I'd ever get or play this game, not even because of being for kids, but just the idea of caring for dogs, sounds to me incredibly boring.

Shooting Palanx
26-12-2008, 12:56 PM
It does get boring, but bear in mind that I did buy the DS for my sister, and she thinks that puppies are incredibly cute.

Give it a chance, tis not that bad :)

Talentz
26-12-2008, 02:13 PM
haha I'm glad someone reviewed this, ah brings back memories..hehe a short review but yet It goes straight to point .... :P

Shooting Palanx
26-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah it's very old, but I picked the game up recently, and did pretty much everything in the game, and thought what the heck might as well review it lol.

CW
02-01-2009, 02:34 PM
I really dont like this game at all. It even tells you lies in the instruction manual! This review is incredibly descriptive, where is the critical analysis?

Shooting Palanx
03-01-2009, 05:20 AM
There wasn't much to analyse, and I was going to talk about the technical side to it, but felt it was better to "describe" it, by reviewing it my way lol...

It does look biased though =/

Queen Birthday
03-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Haha, I love this game, I used to play this all the time, but than it got boring later on.

Nice review brother xD

CW
03-01-2009, 08:36 PM
There wasn't much to analyse, and I was going to talk about the technical side to it, but felt it was better to "describe" it, by reviewing it my way lol...

It does look biased though =/

You havent understood what I mean by critical analysis. I mean actually give some opinion on it. With out that its not a review, its just a description

Misa Misa
03-01-2009, 11:59 PM
This game is pretty neat at first, I got it a few weeks after I got a DS, so it was like WOW VOICE RECOGNITION, [etc] but after you've done the same thing 50 times [and can't get the dog to catch that ****ing frisbee] it loses it's appeal fast.

RabidDemon
04-01-2009, 12:18 AM
this was the reason why most people bought a DS. i'm one of them :p

Shooting Palanx
04-01-2009, 06:37 AM
You havent understood what I mean by critical analysis. I mean actually give some opinion on it. With out that its not a review, its just a description

I did lol....

At the end, I wrote what I thought the downfalls were, isn't that my opinion of what was bad about the game?

Queen Birthday
05-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Haha, I love this game, but it slowly started to get boring because once you've done everything more than 3 times it starts to get boring.

Great game though.

seifer_08ms
01-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Girls will love this game when looking at the cute dogs.

Shooting Palanx
02-03-2009, 02:12 AM
Yeah, but kids in general can get an idea of responsibility, by having "virtual" pets, to save the parents of actually getting a real one =/