PDA

View Full Version : No More Heroes - Wii

Rawgasm
27-12-2008, 03:18 PM
No More Heroes

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4439/nmhboxartcb3.png (http://imageshack.us)

Made from the same geniusí behind Killer 7. No More Heroes is true gold. In also rips the heads of all those who think that ĎThe Wii is for kids and thatís why itís bad, hur hur.í

You play as Travis Touchdown, a stereotypical otaku (ten points for the translation) and also a assassin. He meets up with a babe called Sylvia Christel who is part of the UAA (United Assassins Association) and Travis accepts to kill no. 11. He kills him and now he must kill the remaining top 10 assassins. So Wii trolls, I ask you. ĎDoes this sound babyish to you?í if yes than go **** yourself. Trust me itís 16+ for a reason. It has quite a lot of mature content and the US version has the most amount of gore and blood if seen in a game, because I donít play them ****ty war and zombie games because Iím not a ***got.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8071/nmhscreens1nk0.png (http://imageshack.us)
Travis Touchdown, about to fight Shinobu, the 8th ranked assassin in the U.A.A.

You start the game where No. 10, Death Metal, is. He lives in a mansion sipping wine and having sex almost every hour (unfortunately no screenshots). Travis drives to the mansion on POSSIBLY THE MOST FUNKIEST BIKE EVAR!!!! You get a tutorial at the beginning so youíll know what to do. The controls are simple, but I think they could of used the Wiiís motion controls a bit more as youíre mashing A to death instead of waving the Wiimote like a sword. You do get to use the motion controls when the enemies health is down, here it goes into a mode where you must swing the Wiimote to kill the enemy. Like I said before, there should be more motion. Once you get a grasp of things itís easy. Before you fight the ranked assassin you must go and kill a hell load of enemies first, in Death Metalís mansion itís people in suits. You go through some rooms and soon youíll get to where the assassin is. Before entering the boss stage, you get a phone call from Sylvia. You must take the call and listen to her ***** on about how much youíre going to die when clearly you wonít. Unfortunately you canít speak to her back or hang up.

After defeating the boss, oops! Spoilers. You appear in a place called Santa Destroy. No, I did not choose this game for the Christmas Bundle because the townís named after Santa Clause, I chose this game to help you and to slap the íWii is for kidsí ***gots around the room and back. This is the hub world in No More Heroes. Not everything is available at first but once you get a better rank youíll unlock more places. So far you have Dr Naomiís Lab where you can get weapon upgrades, Thunder Ryu Bldg. to train strength, combos and vitality, Job CentreÖ I donít think I need to explain, unless youíve never been employed for anything and the UAA Bldg. for assassination missions. Before you can explore Santa Destroy you must watch a cutscene about how the rankings work. Sylvia *****es on about it, I think the woman says that you must get loads of money and give it to the UAA. To get money you need to do Jobs and Assassination Missions, Though in order to do the missions you must do a job, the missions give more money so donít waste all your time doing jobs. To get around Santa Destroy you must use the bike, unfortunately the bikes controls are quite bad and really needs improving. Santa Destroy is a very big place, but itís a little TOO big it just seems a bit empty and thereís not a lot to do.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4284/santadestroyib9.png (http://imageshack.us)
Basic summary of Santa Destroy and Travis' Bike

CONCLUSION
No More Heroes is an absolute gem. Theirs no technical flaws, controls are good, the humour is great and this really does show a thing or two to the trolls. Only problem is that the jobs are a bit of a waste and Sylvia wonít stop her *****ing.

+ Stylish in many ways
+ Funny as hell
+ One of the best Wii games yet
+ Santa Destroyís a nice placeÖ
-- Öbut is far too big and empty

Shooting Palanx
27-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Good review, I've heard about this game on numerous occasions, good to know what it's finally about.

So it's basically kill 11 shinobis? Simple, yet awesome :)

Also the Wii does have a majority of kid games, and why should it matter, if other people call it a kids console, lol. As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

vrc2k?
27-12-2008, 07:33 PM
No More Heroes

You start the game where No. 10, Death Metal, is. He lives in a mansion sipping wine and having sex almost every hour (unfortunately no screenshots). Travis drives to the mansion on POSSIBLY THE MOST FUNKIEST BIKE EVAR!!!! (EPIC YES) You get a tutorial at the beginning so you’ll know what to do. The controls are simple, but I think they could of used the Wii’s motion controls a bit more as you’re mashing A to death instead of waving the Wiimote like a sword (WRONG, YOU CAN PLAY IT TACTICALLY, YOU HOLD Z TO LOCK ON AND BLOCK AND D-PAD TO DODGE WHEN YOU GET SWARMED, YOU HAMMER A ON A NON BLOCKING ENEMY(REMEMBER TO WATCH OUT FOR GETTING SWARMED) YOU CAN EITHER USE THE MOTION SENSOR TO AIM HIGH OR LOW IF THEY ARE BLOCKING HIGH, YOU AIM LOW OR ALTERNITIVELY AIM HIGH AND PRESS B WHICH STUNS THEM IF THAT IS WHERE THEY ARE BLOCKING, IF THEY ARE STUNNED YOU CAN EITHER KEEP MASHING A OR PRESS B, FOLLOW THE MOTION PROMPS AND DO A WRESTLING MOVE, THIS DOES DAMAGE AND KNOCKS THEM TO THE GROUND WHERE YOU CAN FINISH THEM OFF WITH A QUICK A ATTACK, IF YOU DONT DO THAT AND YOU HIT THEM UNTIL THEY HAVE LOST ALL THEIR HEALTH YOU GET A MOTION PROMPT AND THE SWORD SWING KILLS THEM (ON MOST ENEMIES) ALSO THEIR IS SWORD CLASHES (THE BEST WAY OF FINISHING OFF AXEMEN) AND A BATTERY FOR YOUR BEAM KATANA THAT YOU HAVE TO STOP AND SHAKE TO REFUEL). You do get to use the motion controls when the enemies health is down, here it goes into a mode where you must swing the Wiimote to kill the enemy. Like I said before, there should be more motion (THE CLEVER USE OF HIGH AND LOW IS GOOD ENOUGH) . Once you get a grasp of things it’s easy (IT IS) . Before you fight the ranked assassin you must go and kill a hell load of enemies first (CORRIDOR BATTLES, BUT THEY ARE ACTUALLY GOOD FUN) , in Death Metal’s mansion it’s people in suits. You go through some rooms and soon you’ll get to where the assassin is. Before entering the boss stage, you get a phone call from Sylvia. You must take the call and listen to her ***** on about how much you’re going to die when clearly you won’t (IT ALL ADDS TO THE ATHMOSPHERE . Unfortunately you can’t speak to her back or hang up (YOU CAN JUST PUT THE REMOTE AWAY FROM YOUR EAR THOUGH).

To get around Santa Destroy you must use the bike, unfortunately the bikes controls are quite bad and really needs improving (ACTUALLY THE BIKE CONTROLS ARE FINE IF THE CONTROLLS AREN'T WORKING FOR I WOULD RECCOMEND YOU PRESS C TWICE TO ENTER FIRST PERSON VIEW AND THEY START ACTING FINE, A TO ACCELERATE, B TO BRAKE/REVERSE SHAKE WIIMOTE TO DO JUMP TRICK, PRESS Z TO BOOST.). Santa Destroy is a very big place, but it’s a little TOO big it just seems a bit empty and there’s not a lot to do.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4284/santadestroyib9.png (http://imageshack.us)
Basic summary of Santa Destroy and Travis' Bike (VERY TRUE)

CONCLUSION
No More Heroes is an absolute gem (IT IS). Theirs no technical flaws (OBVIOUS BUT NOT GAME DAMAGING POP_UP ON TRAVIS' BIKE), controls are good (OMG THE FIGHTING CONTROLS ARE THE BEST EVER), the humour is great (HILARIOUS) and this really does show a thing or two to the trolls. Only problem is that the jobs are a bit of a waste (THEY ARE VERY FUN AND UNLOCK SMALL ASSASSINATION GIGS)and Sylvia won’t stop her *****ing (I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE ON ABOUT).

(THERE ARE LOTS OF LITTLE AWESOME TOUCHES, YOU CAN LOOK FOR BURIED TREASURE, FIND LODCOV BALLS AND TRADE THEM IN FOR NEW TECHNIQUES, YOU CAN ENTER FREE FIGHTS WHERE YOU KILL PEOPLE WITH ONE HIT POINT, ITS ALL JOLLY GOOD FUN)
(ALSO THE MUSIC IS GREAT)

+ Stylish in many ways (VERY STYLISH)
+ Funny as hell (VERY FUNNY)
+ One of the best Wii games yet (ONE OF THE BEST GAMES ALTOGETHER)
+ Santa Destroy’s a nice place… (IT IS BUT THE RESOLUTION IS LOW AND THE BUILDINGS LOOK GRAINY)
-- …but is far too big and empty (THEY HAVEN'T DONE MUCH WITH IT, THERE SHOULD BE SUB PLOTS AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO JUST RANDOMLY GO AROUND KILLING FOR FUN OR ENTERING IN RACES, BUT NO, ITS JUST A WAY TO GET FROM A TO B, OR J TO Q, THERE IS ALWAYS A LOT GOING ON EXCEPT AT THE BEGINNING, WHERE IT IS JUST GETTING YOU USED TO IT)

I'VE POSTED ON EVERTHING YOU'VE MISSED OUT THAT I HAVE CAME ACCROSS

SHOOTING PALANX
kill 11 shinobi's, HELL NO, the bosses are totally varied, you have to play to find them out it would be bad spoilers to post any bosses past 7 (destroyman) because i havn't got to them yet and am hyped up to the max.
also you dont kill number 11, thats a cutscene

garfieldisntfat
27-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Nice review. This needs to be released for PC. It seems very interesting.

vrc2k?
27-12-2008, 10:03 PM
because of the motion sensing it would'nt work on the pc,

it would on the ps3 though.

Rawgasm
28-12-2008, 12:39 AM
SHOOTING PALANX
kill 11 shinobi's, HELL NO, the bosses are totally varied, you have to play to find them out it would be bad spoilers to post any bosses past 7 (destroyman) because i havn't got to them yet and am hyped up to the max.
also you dont kill number 11, thats a cutscene

Actually, posting anything from the 5th rank and above would be posting spoilers, as they tell you the names of some assassins in the manual.

flameboy118
28-12-2008, 12:48 AM
because of the motion sensing it would'nt work on the pc,

it would on the ps3 though.

to be honest, there's basicaly no motion stuff. pc would work fine.

that said, it won't be on the PC -> it flopped hard. like 0.5 mil sales? that's the problem with the wii. making a good game for it is a very poor business strategy.

as for the game, it's nice to see it doing something to raise itself above games for more powerful consoles. i heard that the 360 was getting a version, but that's from my gears-play, m$ consoletard friend, so take from it what you will. shinobu (right?) was the best boss. or the one that dies in a cutscene (not 11)

Shooting Palanx
28-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Well the review wasn't clear on how many enemies there were, and I saw 11? So I thought that was it.

I am right though, you do kill 10 shinobi's...

Rawgasm
28-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Well the review wasn't clear on how many enemies there were, and I saw 11? So I thought that was it.

I am right though, you do kill 10 shinobi's...

If Shinobi means Assassin in some other language then tats correct. Or might you be referring to Shinobu the 8th ranked assassin in the game?

Orathac
28-12-2008, 02:13 AM
i liked the review, i didn't like the game

and

http://www.screwattack.com/Armory/BeamKatana

Shooting Palanx
28-12-2008, 12:49 PM
If Shinobi means Assassin in some other language then tats correct. Or might you be referring to Shinobu the 8th ranked assassin in the game?

Well you kill 10 main bosses right?

Rawgasm
28-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Well you kill 10 main bosses right?

Yes. I just kinda confused, you said 'Shinobi' and the got me muddled up with 'Shinobu' who is rank 8 in No More Heroes

vrc2k?
28-12-2008, 06:46 PM
OK

he said

about to kill shinobi no 8

what he meant was

about to kill shinobi, the eighth ranked assassain, the third boss of the game.

none of the other bosses are shinobi.

from who i've killed

death metal (10) dr peace (9) shinobi (8) destroy man (7) some army girl i can't remember the name of (not actual name) (6)

they are all totally different, interesting and unique.

Rawgasm
28-12-2008, 08:46 PM
I've updated it so it's easier to understand.

Shooting Palanx
29-12-2008, 12:54 AM
It's clear now thanks lol, I assumed it was Shinobi xD

My bad.

So they all have their own different characteristics and such right?

Ace
29-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Nice review, I might buy it now. Though for some reason I never see it in any game stores around here....

vrc2k?
29-12-2008, 08:34 PM
shops dont sell good wii games, only crap and minigames

Shooting Palanx
30-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Surely if you ask for it, you'll get it.

I mean at my Local EB shops you get good ones.

Rawgasm
30-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Well if you see it, get it ASAP. Definately worth it's price

vrc2k?
31-12-2008, 02:58 PM
OMG

THE LETZ SHAKE BATTLE

AFTER I WAS LIKE WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED

IT WAS SO WIERD.

WHAT

what did you think after that one raw?

Rawgasm
01-01-2009, 12:46 AM
I thought, 'Aren't I supposed to fight this boss?' But then again, it did introduce a key character

vrc2k?
01-01-2009, 03:57 PM
it was all building up and then.....

Ace
02-01-2009, 05:07 AM
Surely if you ask for it, you'll get it.

I mean at my Local EB shops you get good ones.

Same here SP. Though games from EB are much more expensive than other stores but they do have a wider variety of games.

vrc2k?
02-01-2009, 01:50 PM
no more heroes is a must buy, its amazing.

Ace
02-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm considering buying this game but since I just got a 360 I don't know if I should buy this game or Halo 3 (or GoW2). Anybody have a suggestion?

Rawgasm
08-01-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm considering buying this game but since I just got a 360 I don't know if I should buy this game or Halo 3 (or GoW2). Anybody have a suggestion?

I'm thinking this tbh.

Talentz
08-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Epic.. one of the bests wii games out there.

flameboy118
08-01-2009, 09:48 PM
frankly, it's really very good. but come on people, the you ninty guys are MASSIVELY over doing it because there isn't anything else on wii. the gameplay against regular enemies is easy and effectively amounts to keeping all your enemies in front of you, parts smell of poor production values, the bits between missions seem pointless after a bit -> all the free fight missions are both rubbish and identical, it's not very long etc etc. don't get me wrong, it's one of the best on wii, but shadow of the colossus makes a better 'distinctively japanese, almost entirely boss based' game, a much better one. this is like serious sam, where god of war and ninja gaiden are like halo and half life -> it just isn't of the quality or depth of rival games. also note, serious sam at least makes itself a budget title. i mean NMH is a breath of fresh air, and a better one than mirror's edge, but it would barely have made a splash on a console with more good games. that said, most of that goes away when you're fighting either shinobu or the one that dies in the cutscene.. those two encounters are great. also note -> it's only any good because it doesn't use wii motion controls too much

(expecting negative rep here :P)

vrc2k?
09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
on any console i would LOVE this game

tbh, if i bought a 360 and it came out for it i probably would never have gotten it because it just seems meh, but seriously, even with all the shortcomings it is AMAZING.

i beat bad girl a while ago, bought the tsubaka mk III, now i need to grind my way up from nothing to lots o money.

the 19 assassination mission is impossible, how can you not get hit by the bullets??????

flameboy118
09-01-2009, 10:52 PM

the 19 assassination mission is impossible, how can you not get hit by the bullets??????

1) ever played ninja gaiden then?

2) what, you mean apart from holding 'z' the whole time?

vrc2k?
09-01-2009, 11:14 PM
oh, clever flame

hold the z endlessly, never attack, that WILL keep you alive, but you wont get any money.

if you attack, it leaves yo temporarally vunerable, and there are like 5 people on screen with uzi's

Rawgasm
09-01-2009, 11:27 PM

This was actually meant for the 360. But somehow the Wii got it

flameboy118
09-01-2009, 11:55 PM
oh, clever flame

hold the z endlessly, never attack, that WILL keep you alive, but you wont get any money.

if you attack, it leaves yo temporarally vunerable, and there are like 5 people on screen with uzi's

erms, hold down z, ie targetting someone. walk towards them. reach them. wait until the volley of bullets has hit. attack. rinse. repeat

vrc2k?
21-02-2009, 06:51 PM
i have just completed it and the ending was the best game ending ever (probably not, but amazing and funny nonetheless)

it got a bit boring and repetative but the bosses and story was fantastic

D.S.C.L
25-02-2009, 12:57 PM
This is an awesome game and easilly one of the wii's best games. I'll admit it has some problems such as the free roaming environment and at times it can seem repetative. But the gameplay in the missions, the story and the boss encounters (Epecially the boss encounters) more than make up for these shortcomings. If only it had a boss rush mode...

vrc2k?
28-02-2009, 08:14 PM
and a 2 player mode (the ending made it seem like there would be one in the next game)
and any real assassination missions
and races

Vyse the Legend
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
If anyone wants this game cheap, I noticed that Gameplay are offering it for £9.99.

Scygoku
02-03-2009, 01:10 PM
My only complaints are that the game was pretty short and had little to do with anime besides some moe models and a poster

vrc2k?
02-03-2009, 05:36 PM
cod 4 didn't have much to do with anime, i didn't complain about that.

Scygoku
02-03-2009, 07:35 PM
:/ not what I was meaning

flameboy118
02-03-2009, 07:59 PM
cod 4 didn't have much to do with anime, i didn't complain about that.

i bought the latest COD game, COD 6. it didn't actually have any shooting in it. i was disappointed.

and yet when I bought Guitar Hero 4, I actually didn't mind the lack of shooting.

SOMETHING'S WRONG!

lovekieu
17-03-2009, 09:31 AM
i don't like this game but thanks for share info. No More Heroes is very bad.

vrc2k?
19-03-2009, 10:49 PM
omg thanks for your input, please stick around this forum

nah, that was cruel, i'm glad i didn't say that.

Rawgasm
06-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Okay remember how Travis Touchdown was in 11th place at the beginning? In the sequel Travis is moved down to rank 51st. Meaning 50 boss fight will be in it. Oh and he can duel wield in the sequel. So i'm going to guess the sequel will probably be better