PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge PC, PS3, Xbox 360 - 2008

Orathac
25-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Mirror's Edge - 2008

So my next review as you can see is Mirrorís Edge for the PC. Well to honest I had high expectation for this game, first of all itís supposed to be realistic, you are a runner, and you can see your foot when you look down (now thatís rare for an fps), but I never would expect it to be so badÖSO BAD.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/97/Mirror%27s_Edge.jpg

Now before we begin, lets see what this is game is like. Well you are an Asian woman (not very attractive, but thatís fine I hate when designers try to attract male gamers with fancy woman without clothes). You have slow motion feature, I donít see the reason of putting it in the game, since itís not that fast. You can disarm and beat your enemies; I like the combo, left punch right punch and double punch. You can easily categorize this game as platform. It has very good graphics, but all you see is white and blue everywhere, it really feels boring after a while.

Well first of all, a little programming complain, my computer, meets the recommended requirements and even surpass them, by still I lag, now thatís bad programming or stupid translation to the computer. Then, the loading screen, why the hell it takes so long to load a single level? And imagine I am a fun of gothic series, the one that has 5 minutes of loading time, but when you load, you load only once, for the world, then if you die its your fault. In this game not only the loading is 5 minutes but you have no music, yeah in gothic I didnít care if it starts or donít I can amuse myself with the music it provides me, but in Mirrorís Edge NO there is nothing, just I stupid animation of the hero beating 2 soldiers, its surely not my computers fault because when I play Fallout 3 the loading is 5 seconds. Now with all that said, letís continue to the real game.

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/855/855708/mirrors-edge-20080228010820880_640w.jpg

So when I started playing it, I went for the tutorial, you know to learn basics and the controls, I would rather give exams, this game has the worst tutorial ever. Fist of all they didnít translate the buttons, WHAT THE **** WERE THEY THINKING? I mean what the **** is A and B and most important what the **** is L1 and L2, that had to be a joke. So letís go to the option menu to learn the real buttons since the tutorial is not a ****ing tutorial. But no they ****ed it there too, up action, down action? WTF is that again? Couldnít it be jump and crawl? So you end up pressing every button in your keyboard, ok I pass the first part of the tutorial, ok now I meat a blonde chick, and I follow her, ok now it gets even more complicated. Press A and then L1 and then R2, you will try it SO MANY ****ING TIMES, and the worst thing is, when you fail you have to watch the blonde chick do it again. Give me a ****ing break, I donít care about the moves she does, I care about the buttons GIVE ME THE ****ING BUTTONS FOR GODS SAKE. I havenít even started the real game, but this tutorial is so frustrated and so pointless since itís not a ****ing tutorial, after you pass all that bull****, you will start the game.

Ok I suddenly appear on the top of a building with no story no clue no nothing, what should I do? I guess I have to jump over the next building in front of me, or maybe the left? Anyway I went straight ahead, and I fell and died, and the games load again for 10 seconds? Ok what the ****? In the tutorial when you die or fail you INSTANTLY reappear, why the hell you have to wait now 10 seconds. Anyway I passed the ďpitfallĒ and now there is the part when I almost destroyed the game. There was a wall and you had to wall walk (realistic I know), the first time I did it I fell down, but there was a ďbalconyĒ so I just have to get up and try again, good... but there were no space I was stuck between 2 giant boxes, and whenever my character get near a wall or near something in general, she puts her ****ing hands in the screen, and I canít see a thing, and I was trying desperately to climb up, but I couldnít the only thing I could see is her ****ing hands. YEAH RIGHT thatís realistic, I never watch my hands when I walk or run OR WHEN I AM NEXT TO A ****ING WALL. God this game sucks, this is not a review anymore itís a ****ing rant. And you know in the end what happened? I fell from the ďbalconyĒ, now thatís just BULL**** I didnít even saw the edge.

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/871/871972/mirrors-edge-20080506024310165_640w.jpg

You see, like assassin creed I didnít play those games more than an hour and a half, and I was bored to death and had so many complains. I DONíT EVEN CARE if the game gets better and I will never play it again, THANKS GOD, Jesus, Satan, the universe, the time and everything, that I didnít bought the game. The idea was cool a runner on top of buildings and first person realistic view (my ass), but they failed dramatically. And donít be fooled by the term RUNNER, runner my ass, you will never feel like running and jumping high, you will stop repeatable because for every jump you need the right angle. Couldnít it be like sonic? Just press the right button and amuse yourself? Just by hearing the name sonic all you think is running. I give this game 3 out of 10, I bet it is better on ps3 or xbox but I DONíT CARE, the pc version SUCKS.

And I want to end my review with one phrase, counter strike has better jump controls that this pile of vomit.

3/10

halo-fan-4ever
25-01-2009, 03:25 PM
even though its an fps game it doesnt belong on pc

you would have liked it alot more if u played it on console

Rawgasm
25-01-2009, 03:39 PM
even though its an fps game it doesnt belong on pc

you would have liked it alot more if u played it on console

You wouldn't like it on a console, i rented it for 360 and got bored very easily. Good Review

flameboy118
25-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Couldnít it be like sonic? Just press the right button and amuse yourself?

^ ...

what if mirror's edge didn't want to be like sonic. maybe, when FPS games were like doom, quake and goldeneye, a realistic FPS was unheard of. so when the first realistic FPS came out, people were like 'wtf'. they were used to being able to sprint for as long as they wanted. they could kill people from distance. they could sprint with no change to accuracy. now, with this realistic FPS, people were getting frustrated. they were missing the whole time, they had to think of cover etc. so they hated it.

5 years later, realistic FPS games are commonplace. soon COD4 will be the unquestioned master of all.

so say the people making the first realistic FPS had taken your advice. 'let's just make it like goldeneye, just press the shoot button and amuse yourself'. what would have happened then? we wouldn't have something like 50% of our shooters. we would never have played battlefield 2, COD4 and such. probably there would be a wider effect.

so can't mirror's edge be praised for trying, instead of simply going the easy route and copying sonic, an inferior game? could mirror's edge be the start of a new level of environmental interactivity in first person, rather than the usual 'walk, jump and shoot'?

just something to think about

Orathac
25-01-2009, 03:55 PM
^ ...

what if mirror's edge didn't want to be like sonic. maybe, when FPS games were like doom, quake and goldeneye, a realistic FPS was unheard of. so when the first realistic FPS came out, people were like 'wtf'. they were used to being able to sprint for as long as they wanted. they could kill people from distance. they could sprint with no change to accuracy. now, with this realistic FPS, people were getting frustrated. they were missing the whole time, they had to think of cover etc. so they hated it.

5 years later, realistic FPS games are commonplace. soon COD4 will be the unquestioned master of all.

so say the people making the first realistic FPS had taken your advice. 'let's just make it like goldeneye, just press the shoot button and amuse yourself'. what would have happened then? we wouldn't have something like 50% of our shooters. we would never have played battlefield 2, COD4 and such. probably there would be a wider effect.

so can't mirror's edge be praised for trying, instead of simply going the easy route and copying sonic, an inferior game? could mirror's edge be the start of a new level of environmental interactivity in first person, rather than the usual 'walk, jump and shoot'?

just something to think about

well i meant that it could be as amusing as sonic. With simple controls, faster gameplay, just jump around and hit people. i really wanted it to be good, i really would love to jump around and run, but no instead i got a stupid game with slow motion feature.

flameboy118
25-01-2009, 04:11 PM
well i meant that it could be as amusing as sonic. With simple controls, faster gameplay, just jump around and hit people. i really wanted it to be good, i really would love to jump around and run, but no instead i got a stupid game with slow motion feature.

the controls were simple, for the free running (and i never picked up a gun), you had jump and crouch. my making absolutely everything context sensitive in quite an intelligent way, they allowed for the controls to be simple. and besides, the jumping wasn't that hard

garfieldisntfat
25-01-2009, 10:09 PM

That's exactly how the game is on the 360.

The review doesn't look good at all. I've never seen a review with so many *s in it. Huge - because of that.

flameboy118
25-01-2009, 10:19 PM
So when I started playing it, I went for the tutorial, you know to learn basics and the controls, I would rather give exams, this game has the worst tutorial ever. Fist of all they didnít translate the buttons, WHAT THE **** WERE THEY THINKING? I mean what the **** is A and B and most important what the **** is L1 and L2, that had to be a joke. So letís go to the option menu to learn the real buttons since the tutorial is not a ****ing tutorial. But no they ****ed it there too, up action, down action? WTF is that again? Couldnít it be jump and crawl? So you end up pressing every button in your keyboard, ok I pass the first part of the tutorial, ok now I meat a blonde chick, and I follow her, ok now it gets even more complicated. Press A and then L1 and then R2, you will try it SO MANY ****ING TIMES, and the worst thing is, when you fail you have to watch the blonde chick do it again. Give me a ****ing break, I donít care about the moves she does, I care about the buttons GIVE ME THE ****ING BUTTONS FOR GODS SAKE. I havenít even started the real game, but this tutorial is so frustrated and so pointless since itís not a ****ing tutorial, after you pass all that bull****, you will start the game.

Ok I suddenly appear on the top of a building with no story no clue no nothing, what should I do? I guess I have to jump over the next building in front of me, or maybe the left? Anyway I went straight ahead, and I fell and died, and the games load again for 10 seconds? Ok what the ****? In the tutorial when you die or fail you INSTANTLY reappear, why the hell you have to wait now 10 seconds. Anyway I passed the ďpitfallĒ and now there is the part when I almost destroyed the game. There was a wall and you had to wall walk (realistic I know), the first time I did it I fell down, but there was a ďbalconyĒ so I just have to get up and try again, good... but there were no space I was stuck between 2 giant boxes, and whenever my character get near a wall or near something in general, she puts her ****ing hands in the screen, and I canít see a thing, and I was trying desperately to climb up, but I couldnít the only thing I could see is her ****ing hands. YEAH RIGHT thatís realistic, I never watch my hands when I walk or run OR WHEN I AM NEXT TO A ****ING WALL. God this game sucks, this is not a review anymore itís a ****ing rant. And you know in the end what happened? I fell from the ďbalconyĒ, now thatís just BULL**** I didnít even saw the edge.

it sounds like someone is basically shocking at mirror's edge. reviewers don't usually swear. and the buttons were translated on the build of mirror's edge PC i played..

and seriously, how hard is it to manage the first pitfall? it's literally as simple as running up and pressing jump

Orathac
25-01-2009, 10:33 PM
That's exactly how the game is on the 360.

The review doesn't look good at all. I've never seen a review with so many *s in it. Huge - because of that.

if the game was better i wouldn't be so angry when i wrote it

@flameboy
well you don't believe me? i can easily show you a picture of the tutorial telling me to press L1

and from all the review you got that i failed the first pitfall, actually i was standing in the edge of the building trying to figure out where to go and when i jumped i didn't get back to get some speed.
and all i am trying to say its i am a regular guy, i have no bad feeling with the company what so ever i wanted to play a game with running and jumping so my friend gave me this game, i tried it, and as you can read i played it for 1 and a half hour and i hated it.

flameboy118
25-01-2009, 10:39 PM
if the game was better i wouldn't be so angry when i wrote it

@flameboy
well you don't believe me? i can easily show you a picture of the tutorial telling me to press L1

and from all the review you got that i failed the first pitfall, actually i was standing in the edge of the building trying to figure out where to go and when i jumped i didn't get back to get some speed.
and all i am trying to say its i am a regular guy, i have no bad feeling with the company what so ever i wanted to play a game with running and jumping so my friend gave me this game, i tried it, and as you can read i played it for 1 and a half hour and i hated it.

no no, i do believe you, i would suggest you.. try an illegal copy next time, which apparently was a better build of the game as usual.

the reason that was all i got was because i didn't read the review, only the conclusion and the two paragraphs i quoted

I would say people hate on this game because they're not very good. it can be a lot of fun when it wants to be, though don't get me wrong, i really regret buying it

Orathac
25-01-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't know if its easy or not, i love chalenge but still it feels slow, it wasn't what i expected i am pretty sure its better on cosnole and I don't think i will play it again.