PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights 2 - PC

halo-fan-4ever
22-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Neverwinter Nights 2

Neverwinter Nights 2 was developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Atari in 2006 its not bad but its not great either it doesnt continue on from Neverwinter Nights as the storyline is completely different the engine which the game uses is Electron it was released in the USA in Europe and in Australia.

The game is set around Neverwinter and its surrounding areas including Port Llast the player starts off in West Harbor after creating there character the main storyline will take them through many challenges some of which require a considerable amount of strategy and effort.

Character Creation:

A basic breakdown of character creation.

Name - Can have both first name and second name or just first name.

Races & Sub-Races - There is a range of races and sub-races to choose from examples are: half-elf, half-orc, elf, dwarf, human and tiefling and aasimar.

Classes - Theres a wide variety of classes to go for but they all require a certain alignment.

Deities (Religious Symbols)- These dont do much for your character but require certain alignments.

The rest is unimportant.

Your character can reach level 20 but if you have the explansion called Mask of the Betrayer you can continue your level 20 character to level 30 or if you dont have a character to continue you can create a character which will be level 20 when you start but be aware the equipment you start with isnt very good.

Several patches where released for this game to fix bugs and other problems.

Expansions include Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir.

There is a Prelude and 3 Acts altogether in Neverwinter Nights 2 (NWN2) which brings you to the end of the game which is a cliffhanger after you defeat the big bad boss monster called the King of Shadows using a silver sword which you collect parts of throughout the game OR you can join him in the conquest of Neverwinter.

Companions:

Bevil Starling (Coward in my opinion) - Only at the beginning.
Amie Fern (Annoying) - If you go through the tutorial she is a companion but gets killed shortly after the start of the actual campaign.

Khelgar Ironfist
Neeshka
Elanee
Qara - Hates Sand
Grobnar Gnomehands (Pain in the ass)
Casavir - Hates Shadows
Bishop - Turns against you near the end of the game.
Shandra Jerro (Even more annoying) - Gets killed at the end of Act 2.
Sand - Hates Qara
Zhjaeve
Ammon Jerro
Construct - If you can get it to work.

That about sums it up for that part.

I think its a good game but not great overall its a 7/10 from me.

By Firewire

Forum Resident
22-03-2009, 08:04 PM
-This post has been erased by Forum Resident-

garfieldisntfat
22-03-2009, 09:10 PM
I thought Orathac handled the reviewthreads? O well.. It has no screenshots.
This game is entertaining enough though, from the small amount of time and gameplay I've tried it.

Forum Resident
22-03-2009, 09:23 PM

Orathac
22-03-2009, 09:46 PM
i think you shouldn't spoil some of the story lines
but good review

Forum Resident
22-03-2009, 09:49 PM

halo-fan-4ever
31-03-2009, 08:06 PM
bump!

ok i finally got round to sorting it all out.

in the future, send them to Orthac

Forum Resident
01-04-2009, 03:28 PM

halo-fan-4ever
01-04-2009, 04:42 PM
In the future i wont write any more reviews because it takes to long.

Anyway thanks for finally fixing the mess.

keep em coming, a copule more and you can be a journo

Dante
02-04-2009, 06:19 PM
That's not a review. I'm sorry, but it's not. The only critical part of the review is "its not bad but its not great either". The rest is, essentially, a short manual for the game containing several spoilers.

Forum Resident
02-04-2009, 06:35 PM

garfieldisntfat
02-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Fine.

Dont read it again Dante as there will be no point and no reply from me.

Excuse me but what was the point in posting this review when you didn't even fill in the criterions for posting a review here?.. Especially when you don't want people to read it?

Forum Resident
02-04-2009, 07:45 PM

Dante
02-04-2009, 08:20 PM
As stated IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT READ IT AGAIN i aimed this in the general direction of people who need a basic breakdown review on the game not for people who want 50 pages of something not relating to the subject.

If i wanted to do a proper review i would have done it by now that was not my target.

If this seems hostile in anyway then im sorry but theres not much i can do about how i spell out things.

I didn't say it was too short, I said it needed to be critical, as that's what a review is. People read reviews to find out whether the game is good or not and why. The review section is for "proper reviews". What other kind of review is there?

Forum Resident
02-04-2009, 08:38 PM

garfieldisntfat
02-04-2009, 11:20 PM
People read reviews to find out whether the game is good or not and why. The review section is for "proper reviews". What other kind of review is there?

Exactly. Again, Firewire, why did you want this review to be "uploaded" here in the first place, if it wasn't even a proper one?

Forum Resident
03-04-2009, 08:24 AM

Rawgasm
04-04-2009, 02:41 PM
This review is ok. I think it's my intention as a journalist to suggest something:
1. Don't give away the plot to much, only just how it all began. Or if you can be asked just describe the opening cinematic
2. Screenshots. Okay so they're not the most important thing, hell I didn't use screenshots in my first review, but it's a nice touch to th review
3. Explain how the controls work. Say if they're easy to use (e.g. Super Mario Galaxy) or if it makes it unable to play (e.g. Shadow the Hedgehog)
4. You don't say if something is good or bad, you just explain what it's like. And at the end when you do say that it's good but not great, you don't explain why this is.

It's a ok review, but Dante's right. It is just the manual with spoilers

Forum Resident
04-04-2009, 02:47 PM

Rawgasm
04-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey lighten up kid, I wasn't exactly the best when I began (see for yourself http://www.gamesforum.com/t13733-sonic-the-hedgehog-360-ps3.html ). It takes time to get into the swing of things.

Forum Resident
04-04-2009, 03:11 PM