PDA

View Full Version : Cabal Online - PC

halo-fan-4ever
31-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey there Gamesforum!

This is my first ever review and ill be reviewing Cabal Online

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t328/halo-fan-4ever/cabal/cabal.jpg

Cabal Online is one of the most popular MMO games up in the ranks with other games like: FLYFF, Ragnarok, 2moons, etc…..

It has amazing graphics and doesn’t require a super computer to play it.

Here is a screen shot of just some of the mindblowing scenery that can be found in the wonderful world of “ Nevareth “

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t328/halo-fan-4ever/cabal/cabalo-20090331-212301.jpg

Login screen

The Login screen is simple and easy to use, you can have up to 6 characters in 1 Sever

There are 3 servers:

-Mars
-Mercury
-Jupiter

So that’s 18 characters in total!!

Here is a screenshot of the login screen

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t328/halo-fan-4ever/cabal/cabalo-20090331-200718.jpg

Once logged in you are free to roam Nevareth.

Gameplay

Gameplay is something similar to WoW, you can either point and click, or use W,A,S,D on the keyboard (Q and E for sidestep).

The HUD is simple, compact and easy to use.

The skill bar (located at the bottom of the screen) is a unique way of quickly selecting the skill you want and unleashing it onto your target.

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t328/halo-fan-4ever/cabal/cabalo-20090331-200844.png

The numbers 1-9 represent 1-9 on your keyboard, pretty simple right?

Quests

Nevareth is a pretty busy place with literally 100s and 100s of quests to complete, I can assure you that it’s a place you will never be bored.

There are loads of AI friends and foes that will want jobs doing and monsters killed, each quest will last anything from 5 mins to an hour! And each quest rewards you EXP points and Alz (cabal currency).

Nevareth

Nevareth is a wonderful place to be (if you’re a fearsome warrior that is…) its full of monsters, friendly faced AI and of course real life players.

Towns/safe areas, are the place to be if you want peace and harmony, its where all the shopkeepers are and where all the trading takes place, you cannot be attacked by anything.
As soon as you leave a town you can attack any monster you want, you can also challenge another player to a PVP (player vs player) for every player killed you gain 1 Honour point (I don’t quite know what these are for yet lol)

Trading

There are 3 ways of trading:

The first and easiest way of trading is to simply click on the person you wish to trade with and select “request trade” a trade window will then appear, after that its pretty simple, just drag and drop the items you wish to trade.

Another way to trade is by using the “personal shop” method.
It allows a player to trade items and be AFK (away from keyboard).

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t328/halo-fan-4ever/cabal/cabalo-20090331-201414.jpg

Above, a screenshot showing the personal shop.

And the last way to trade is by using the “auction house”
Its pretty straight forward and almost any item can be purchased

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t328/halo-fan-4ever/cabal/cabalo-20090331-201103.jpg

Combat

Everybody loves slashing the hell out of anything that moves right?

of course you do!

Combat in Cabal Online is far better than any other MMO, with so many skills and spells to learn.

There are 6 types of characters to pick:

-Warrior: These guys are by far the coolest looking, they carry huge 2 handed swords and wear metal armour.
http://images.mmosite.com/cabal/classes/warrior.gif

-Force Archer: These guys have rather cool looking bows and can attack from range.
http://www.cabal-shadow1.yoyo.pl/7.jpg

-Force Shielder: These guys are very similar to Warriors except they carry 1 handed blades and have shields
http://images.mmosite.com/cabal/classes/forceshielder.gif

-Blader: Samurai's that carry a blade in each hand.
http://cabal.asiasoft.co.th/Uploads/CB_web/Blader.gif

-Force Blader: These guys are a mix of everything, they carry 1 blade and can cast powerful spells like a wizard.
http://cabal.asiasoft.co.th/images/ch/Force_Blader.gif

-Wizard: The name says it all, they carry magic staffs and use magical attacks.
http://images.mmosite.com/cabal/classes/wizard.gif

Here are a few screenshots of combat in cabal

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t328/halo-fan-4ever/cabal/cabalo-20090401-132428-1.jpg

Soundtrack

Theres only 1 word for the Cabal soundtrack and In-game music: AMAZING!!

Its not the usual 8-bit crap you get in most MMO' s (like runescape)
The makers of Cabal must have spent quite a bit of money getting a whole orchestra dedicated to the game, the music varies from heavy metal guitar to quiet piano tracks.

Each area in the game has its own track.

Theres even an option to add custom tracks so that you can play along to your favourite music.

There are so many things to do in Cabal Online, it would be impossible to explain everything!

Summery

This game gets a 10/10 from me.

Its kept me busy for hours on end.

I maybe hope to see a few of you join me in Nevareth

http://www.cabalonline.com/

The game client is about 750mb but believe me, its well worth it!!

Review by Halo-fan-4ever

Orathac
31-03-2009, 10:11 PM
those are amazing graphics?
anyway the best mmo for me is wow (even though i don't play anymore)
and when diablo III will be released all mmos will be bull****s :D

garfieldisntfat
31-03-2009, 10:24 PM
anyway the best mmo for me is wow (even though i don't play anymore)
and when diablo III will be released all mmos will be bull****s :D

How can you compare Diablo with MMOs?.. /angry Diablo is f'in hack n' slash.

Nice review, even though it didn't feel like a review.
You didn't mention what makes it special from other mmos. To me it sounded like any boringass mmo out there.

halo-fan-4ever
01-04-2009, 01:26 PM

well i had to compress the screenshots, so it looks a lil bit crappy.

ok i've added

-Combat
-Soundtack

and a few more screen shots

Dante
02-04-2009, 06:53 PM
I agree with GIF. Like that Neverwinter Nights 2 review I just chastised, it's not a review at all, really. It's a guide to the game.

You haven't told us what's good and bad about it, and to be honest you don't really seem to know what you're talking about. You compared Cabal to Runescape throughout most of the review, as if Runescape's blocky graphics and monotonous combat were the MMO norm.

"Combat in Cabal Online is far better than any other MMO, with so many skills and spells to learn."

MMOs do have lots of everything. That's what they are. When you're expecting to cater to thousands of players, you need thousands of players worth of content. Again, you seem to just be comparing it to Runescape.

"Cabal Online is one of the most popular MMO games up in the ranks with other games like: FLYFF, Ragnarok, 2moons, etc….."

So you're referring only to F2P MMOs there then? Because they can't compete with P2P MMOs like WoW and WAR.

"It has amazing graphics and doesn’t require a super computer to play it."

I don't think I need to explain why you're wrong there, as you've kindly provided screenshots to help people effortlessly prove you wrong.

"Its not the usual 8-bit crap you get in most MMO' s (like runescape)"

Again, Runescape isn't 'most MMOs'. Most MMOs do have booming orchestral scores, with each area given a unique piece or two of its own.

There's a saying, maybe you've heard it: "You get what you pay for."
You've paid nothing, and think it's a 10/10 game?

Let me just put that into perspective for you: you're saying that Cabal is perfect and free.

The only thing that's perfect and free is good sex, and even that's generally easier to attain if you pay.

Orathac
02-04-2009, 07:36 PM
How can you compare Diablo with MMOs?.. /angry Diablo is f'in hack n' slash.

Nice review, even though it didn't feel like a review.
You didn't mention what makes it special from other mmos. To me it sounded like any boringass mmo out there.

diablo is RPG
the online mode is mmorpg

if diablo is hack and slash then there are no other rpg than dnd itself

Forum Resident
02-04-2009, 07:52 PM
-This post has been erased by Forum Resident-

MortalKombatChampion
03-04-2009, 01:13 AM
I have never heard of this thing. Also Runescape is the cheap mans MMORPG.

Vyse the Legend
03-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Never played the game and doubt I will, but pretty good review Halo, and that Force Shielder looks pretty awesome!

Lowez
03-04-2009, 02:18 AM
I downloaded this a while ago. It wouldn't install for some reason though. Fail.

Forum Resident
03-04-2009, 08:15 AM

halo-fan-4ever
03-04-2009, 09:46 AM
I agree with GIF. Like that Neverwinter Nights 2 review I just chastised, it's not a review at all, really. It's a guide to the game.

You haven't told us what's good and bad about it, and to be honest you don't really seem to know what you're talking about. You compared Cabal to Runescape throughout most of the review, as if Runescape's blocky graphics and monotonous combat were the MMO norm.

"Combat in Cabal Online is far better than any other MMO, with so many skills and spells to learn."

MMOs do have lots of everything. That's what they are. When you're expecting to cater to thousands of players, you need thousands of players worth of content. Again, you seem to just be comparing it to Runescape.

"Cabal Online is one of the most popular MMO games up in the ranks with other games like: FLYFF, Ragnarok, 2moons, etc.."

So you're referring only to F2P MMOs there then? Because they can't compete with P2P MMOs like WoW and WAR.

"It has amazing graphics and doesnt require a super computer to play it."

I don't think I need to explain why you're wrong there, as you've kindly provided screenshots to help people effortlessly prove you wrong.

"Its not the usual 8-bit crap you get in most MMO' s (like runescape)"

Again, Runescape isn't 'most MMOs'. Most MMOs do have booming orchestral scores, with each area given a unique piece or two of its own.

There's a saying, maybe you've heard it: "You get what you pay for."
You've paid nothing, and think it's a 10/10 game?

Let me just put that into perspective for you: you're saying that Cabal is perfect and free.

The only thing that's perfect and free is good sex, and even that's generally easier to attain if you pay.

The only time i compared it to runescape was the soundtrack part.

It has pretty amazing graphics considering its a couple of years old and is only 750mb to download......besides graphics doesnt always mean that it looks almost real, its also stuff like: art work, character design, scenery, level design , etc.....

other MMOs that ive played are dark and gloomy, Cabal has lots of colorful maps.

WoW doesnt really have all singing, all dancing graphics does it?, there actually pretty poor considering you have to pay every month

If you look at Ragnarok they have basically copied Cabal (or vice-versa), thats why i said its up in the ranks with that game.

plus no free MMO is going to compare with WoW, the only way i would compare it to WoW is the controls and maybe a few similar looking monsters.

Lowez
03-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Where did you download it from?

I have actually not got a clue, it was a few months back and my memory's p1ss poor.

Forum Resident
03-04-2009, 04:08 PM

Dante
03-04-2009, 06:20 PM
The only time i compared it to runescape was the soundtrack part.

It has pretty amazing graphics considering its a couple of years old and is only 750mb to download......besides graphics doesnt always mean that it looks almost real, its also stuff like: art work, character design, scenery, level design , etc.....

other MMOs that ive played are dark and gloomy, Cabal has lots of colorful maps.

WoW doesnt really have all singing, all dancing graphics does it?, there actually pretty poor considering you have to pay every month

If you look at Ragnarok they have basically copied Cabal (or vice-versa), thats why i said its up in the ranks with that game.

plus no free MMO is going to compare with WoW, the only way i would compare it to WoW is the controls and maybe a few similar looking monsters.

However, this point still stands:

'Like that Neverwinter Nights 2 review I just chastised, it's not a review at all, really. It's a guide to the game.'

flameboy118
03-04-2009, 06:28 PM
ooh, i'd love to rip into this, but dante already has. free to play MMOs just aren't worth playing.

oh, great review halo

halo-fan-4ever
03-04-2009, 06:53 PM
ooh, i'd love to rip into this, but dante already has. free to play MMOs just aren't worth playing.

oh, great review halo

ive ran out of games to play :(

CSS gets boring

Im at max level on COD4

Crysis sucks...

:(

flameboy118
03-04-2009, 07:06 PM
ive ran out of games to play :(

CSS gets boring

Im at max level on COD4

Crysis sucks...

:(

how can you possibly run out of games to play? i have like 5 games that i haven't even OPENED. i just have no time!

as much as i hate CSS compared to 1.6, I would say that CS only gets boring if a) you suck b) you play zombie mod.

pick up diablo 2 for like 5 bucks. that's years of life, gone..... *POOF*. any other blizzard or sid meier game does the same. TF2 also.

Forum Resident
03-04-2009, 07:10 PM

flameboy118
03-04-2009, 07:14 PM
As if it would cost that much in spain.

alright then halo, pirate diablo 2.

Forum Resident
03-04-2009, 07:38 PM

MortalKombatChampion
03-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Now reading it again the review is like a guide/advertisement. Huh?

Dante
03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Now reading it again the review is like a guide/advertisement. Huh?

Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

halo-fan-4ever
03-04-2009, 10:00 PM
just because your a huge WoW fan doesnt mean u have to assume every other MMO is rubbish, does it?

besides... review, guide.

same thing, i didnt wana give to much away

Dante
03-04-2009, 10:04 PM
just because your a huge WoW fan doesnt mean u have to assume every other MMO is rubbish, does it?

besides... review, guide.

same thing, i didnt wana give to much away

Not at all. Have you ever even read a review? And I mean read, not just glanced at the score.

When you review something, you outline its good and bad points in order to come to a conclusion. You haven't, you've written a guide and slapped a 10/10 score at the bottom based on its features. Which aren't really 10/10 worthy features either, I should point out.

halo-fan-4ever
04-04-2009, 10:31 AM
well, they are to me.

Dante
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Well, you're wrong.

Forum Resident
04-04-2009, 12:19 PM

Dante
04-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Oh but I can, because a review is a review and a guide is a guide. They're two completely different things.

Dictionary definitions:

Review - a critical article or report, as in a periodical, on a book, play, recital, or the like; critique; evaluation.

Guide - a book, pamphlet, etc., giving information, instructions, or advice; handbook: an investment guide.

You'll find that Halo, and yourself, have written guides.

Wikipedia:

Review - A review is an evaluation of a publication, such as a movie, video game, musical composition, book, or a piece of hardware like a car, appliance, or computer. In addition to a critical statement, the review's author may assign the work a rating to indicate its relative merit. More loosely, an author may review current events or items in the news.

Again, that's not what either of you have written.

Forum Resident
04-04-2009, 02:22 PM

Dante
04-04-2009, 08:40 PM
If you were a reviewer you would have come up with that without wikipedia.

That doesnt represent a strong statement from you dante.

You said "You cant decide on what is right and wrong with these things", so I didn't. I let Wikipedia and the dictionary decide for me.

Forum Resident
05-04-2009, 10:48 AM

asarwar89
13-05-2009, 04:07 PM
But i am sucessful.

Talentz
26-05-2009, 04:19 PM
This seems like one epic game, 10/10 huh.... lool take that Runescape xD I might D/L, depending if I'm bothered.

Nemo
26-05-2009, 04:20 PM
getting it right now

88% left

Punkster
11-07-2009, 08:04 PM
i have a friend who's played WoW. i wanted to find a game where my friend and i can play together. would this game, Cabal Online, be suited for that?

are there quests which are suited to at least two players?

halo-fan-4ever
12-07-2009, 03:35 PM
i have a friend who's played WoW. i wanted to find a game where my friend and i can play together. would this game, Cabal Online, be suited for that?

are there quests which are suited to at least two players?

there are no co-op quests but if you both choose the same class you can both do the same quest at the same time.