PDA

View Full Version : Mgs4

Swong318
04-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Hey did you all watch the MGS4 trailer. Wasnt it awesome. Who is the person in the trailer? Is it Solid snake in like his 40's or 50s? Can somebody tell me or what your opinion is on this person?

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/651/651322/metal-gear-solid-4-20050915072839278.jpg

P1TCH BLACK
04-11-2005, 11:09 PM
I don't really know who that person is; i've lost track :) I know that trailer was awesome !

swetooth9
05-11-2005, 12:35 AM
if that's snake, than he sure looks evil, haha..but whoever that is...mgs4 is gonna be awesome...

Fatman
05-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Yeah the trailer was awesome, especially the starting making it seemed that they made it into a FPS :rolleyes:. for anyone who hasnt seen it check it out here (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1743).

Well it seemed they decided to make snake old in order to show that it has a proper time line, also they wanted to show how good the PS3 looks since its much more tougher to make old people :D

Tascan
05-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Im surely going to buy myself MGS4. Awesome stuff. All of them were awesome.

swetooth9
06-11-2005, 03:08 AM
also they wanted to show how good the PS3 looks since its much more tougher to make old people :D

LOL, never thought of it that way :D :p

Aftermath
08-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Yes you've just said it. That's Solid Snake and not Snake (Big Boss). And I agree, he's pretty old this time which I'm not really happy about it. I was hoping to see Big Boss as the playable character once again this time. But oh well... I'm just glad that the old faces are back! :D

swetooth9
08-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Yes you've just said it. That's Solid Snake and not Snake (Big Boss). And I agree, he's pretty old this time which I'm not really happy about it. I was hoping to see Big Boss as the playable character once again this time. But oh well... I'm just glad that the old faces are back! :D

yea, when i said snake, i meant solid snake :o

Aftermath
09-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Actually no, if you said Snake then you're referring to Big Boss and not Solid Snake, if you know what I'm talking about.

P1TCH BLACK
10-11-2005, 01:03 AM
I have to admit I lost track of the story :o When I played substance on xbox I skipped most of the cut scenes.
I need to start from the beginning with metal gear for the nes again :cool: If only I could play it on my gameboy advance...

Kill Phil
10-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Actually no, if you said Snake then you're referring to Big Boss and not Solid Snake, if you know what I'm talking about.
Not really. Snake could mean any of the Snakes, but it usually refers to Solid. In MG, MG2, MGS1, and MGS2, Solid Snake was usually refered to as Snake, because it was easier and quicker to say. They never called him "Solid" like they called Liquid Snake "Liquid", so they just used Snake for Solid Snake. In MGS3, they called Naked Snake (Big Boss) just Snake, because they tried to model him after Solid Snake. Naked Snake's persona is based of Solid Snake's (which is why he has the same voice actor, looks, etc.)

But anyway ... I'm hyped about MGS4. It's the main reason why I'm going to buy a PS3. The only time I'll buy a PS3 is when MGS4 comes out (whether it be at launch, or a year later). The trailer looks awesome and the best thing is that it's in real-time, since all MGS games have always been in real-time.

Attilitus
12-11-2005, 11:38 PM
The trailer was simply great! Kojima knows how to play us!

I knew that Snake was getting older... but this was really unexpected. I can't way to see how it plays out, especially with the revelation that there will be no cutscenes. Howeve, knowing Kojima's past of "Drastic Gameplay Changes" it probably will not be as big of a deal as he is making it out to be.

Matty JP
14-11-2005, 11:38 AM
He looks sexy...joke!

Aftermath
14-11-2005, 02:23 PM
(Ahem. Be sure to check out my MGS forums too. :D)

Matty JP
16-11-2005, 02:04 PM
Where is that?

Aftermath
16-11-2005, 07:50 PM
It's right here: www.mgszone.com

admin
16-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Aftermath, I think people get the hint by now :)

Swong318
25-11-2005, 04:08 PM
So i found out that it is Solid Snake. He ages really fast due to the length of his telomeres being shorter than those of a natural-born human. It is also a takes several years after MGS2. This is going to be an exciting game.

Attilitus
27-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Yea... that is only a developing theory... not established science as of yet... but the MGS series apparently takes it for granted.

Aftermath
27-11-2005, 12:51 PM
I heard that Liquid Snake will be back again in this game this time. Is that true?

Attilitus
27-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Well he will definitely be present in "ocelot" but there is a rumor going around that he has now totally taken over the body... whether or not that is true is yet to be determined.

I would honestly prefer keeping the two identities... I like both of them as badass villains...

Aftermath
28-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah and that would be cool. I just really hate it when I see Liquid uses and gains control over Ocelot's right arm. I prefer as two, seperate identities! :)

Attilitus
29-11-2005, 12:33 AM
Yea... so do I... I really am not into the whole "Liquid in ocelot's body" thing...

I think that Liquid should just suddenly reappear... no explanation is necessary.

mistA.WEEd
01-12-2005, 03:17 AM
i remember something about that.

i agree with ATT.. u probably have heard this a million times before, but the MGS4 videos look so freakin fabolous!:eek: :cool: :) :eek:. Its like... mgs jus crossed the line, first they were over there, and now they're over here( line being a good thing) :P

Attilitus
01-12-2005, 04:31 AM
The MGS4 movies do look fabulous... but keep in mind that they are probably not using the standard PS3 hardware. ;)

Arkitekt
29-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Its snake. cant be Big boss/naked snake cos his he has a patch on the other eye (That electronic thing isnt an eye patch)

I saw one trailer of mgs4 at gamespot and snake looked all young. i dont think they'll keep snake looking like that... or i hope... He shouldnt be too old yet and they should never stop making MGS games.

Arkitekt
29-01-2007, 05:54 AM
I have to admit I lost track of the story :o When I played substance on xbox I skipped most of the cut scenes.
I need to start from the beginning with metal gear for the nes again :cool: If only I could play it on my gameboy advance...

You should never skip cut scenes. theyre the best thing about the game. the incredible storylines makes MGS such a great game

flight99
31-01-2007, 08:28 AM
I thinl that trailer was wery awesome !!!:rolleyes:

Timrings3
31-01-2007, 10:21 PM
You should never skip cut scenes. theyre the best thing about the game. the incredible storylines makes MGS such a great game

dont double post and why are you guys brining up old topics?

domyboy
31-01-2007, 10:40 PM
dont double post and why are you guys brining up old topics?

why not brining up old topics

RedChuCKz
22-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Can't wait till i get a PS3 but i got a 360 for now hopeing it comes out for 360 the game looks so good but i always confused by the story started playing sience Metal Gear 2 for the PS2 fell in love it then bought the MGS3 which was the best game i ever played it owns all games out there especially the MGS3 Sub. the new cam. is worth it but still dont get the story of it but i can't find a new copy of it my little bro broke my old one.

Sury
25-02-2007, 05:43 PM
MGS is one of the best games ever, I've got x360, but I might swap it for PS3 just for MGS 4. btw who think MGS 1 had the best story? I do.

RedChuCKz
26-02-2007, 06:14 PM
i think MGS3 had the best story but the only thing that pisses me off about MGS4 his damn mustache he looks like a cop

Mexican_in_a_Trashcan
04-03-2007, 12:27 PM
No, I didn't see it yet, but don't need to. The creators are gonna make a great game anyways.

cheatmaster
16-03-2007, 08:50 AM
whats msg4?:confused:

Crimson Death
30-04-2007, 11:22 AM
ok people ill lay it out for you.
It cannot be big boss because big boss is dead in the time of mgs4, soild snake, liquid snake and solidus snake are all clones of big boss, cloned from big boss's late 50s, the events of big boss's betrayl are in mgs portable ops, yet to be mine :p so dont ask why, im assuming its in cause with the boss's death, anyway, in metal gear and metal gear 2- soild snake, solid snake kills big boss aka his own father, mgs 3 is big boss's past, mgs4 is set X years after mgs 2, It is a dieing old mans final mission, Hideo has stated that this is this is solid snakes final mission, metal gears are in mass production, so snake is there to stop it, i hear that a few familiar faces will return including raiden, as a ninja, Meryl Silverburgh, and i think Colonel Roy Campbell, as well as Octacon.
if you bought mgs acid 2, you can get teh mgs4 trailler in 3d, i have it an its awesome so i thought id just say that hehe.:D