PDA

View Full Version : Sig backgrounds

Titchgamer
10-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Ok i dont want a sig making (yet anyways) but i didnt know anywhere else to put this.

Ime going to have a shot at makeing my own res evil sig but ime a lil stuck when it comes to backgrounds.

I was just wondering do you guys make all ure own bg's or do you modify ones off a site somewhere?

Any help apreciated :D

willo745
10-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Ok i dont want a sig making (yet anyways) but i didnt know anywhere else to put this.

Ime going to have a shot at makeing my own res evil sig but ime a lil stuck when it comes to backgrounds.

I was just wondering do you guys make all ure own bg's or do you modify ones off a site somewhere?

Any help apreciated :D

Their own with brushes Titch, just play around with things and see how it turns out./wink

Titchgamer
10-01-2010, 11:38 PM
since when were you a artist willo? LOL

willo745
10-01-2010, 11:44 PM
since when were you a artist willo? LOL

Ive dabbled a bit, it is a lot harder than these guys make it look though mate, but i'm pretty sure they do their own.:o

Titchgamer
10-01-2010, 11:45 PM
yer tis hard for us novices but all is possible to learn :p

omegaweaponXII
10-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Ok titch do you have photo shop because if you are going to make a sig you might as well make the whole thing

if you need help i can find a tut or give you some instructions

Titchgamer
10-01-2010, 11:55 PM
yes i have PS mate. Just not to good at this stuff ;-)

omegaweaponXII
11-01-2010, 12:18 AM
here is a basic sig tutorial with a pretty good background and outcome

http://www.trap17.com/index.php/Creating-Sig-Background-Render_t30416.html

Titchgamer
11-01-2010, 07:13 PM
here is a basic sig tutorial with a pretty good background and outcome

http://www.trap17.com/index.php/Creating-Sig-Background-Render_t30416.html

thanks mate ile have a looksy.

Titchgamer
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok guys ive been having a play and come up with this, Any suggestions? Especially about the text?? :confused:

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv129/titchgamer/resigcopy.jpg

omegaweaponXII
11-01-2010, 09:15 PM
that is actually a good start i am not very good at teaching (only learning) so i will try my best to help

im not great with text but it needs to be smaller and out of the way yours is kinda taking the focus

you can try blending in the renders better

you can do this a couple off ways but the easiest way for me is to duplicate the render a couple of times
layers>duplicate layer

hide the top renders so that the bottome one is showing you can do this by clicking the eye symbol in the layers list

then you chose thevisible render and play with some blurring filters
such as motion blur and radial and gaussian

and then unhide your others and repeat the process until you have something you like

hope this helps if you dont understand somethin ive said just say and i will try to re word it better

*good luck*

Titchgamer
11-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks Omega, ile have a crack soon and upload progress......

Titchgamer
11-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Ok not entirely sure ive done what you ment but here goes, ive applied a gausion blur to chris and a motion blur around Jill, i would of kept em the same but didnt look right.
Also moved the text. this any beter?

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv129/titchgamer/resigcopy2.jpg

Assassin
11-01-2010, 11:40 PM
Well Titch, as Willo said, you could also use brushes to create backgrounds for sigs like the way I did in yours !
Try some grunge brushes for your try and stick onto colors that blends with the render.
Usually try brushes over multiple layers rather than betting on a single layer !

Titchgamer
11-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Well Titch, as Willo said, you could also use brushes to create backgrounds for sigs like the way I did in yours !
Try some grunge brushes for your try and stick onto colors that blends with the render.
Usually try brushes over multiple layers rather than betting on a single layer !

Thanks for that, what exactly is a grunge brush? Remember ime a noob to all this!! LOL

omegaweaponXII
11-01-2010, 11:57 PM
here are some good brushes (grunge)

http://keren-r.deviantart.com/art/Grunge-Brushes-4-20305496

you can download them and extract the files and load them in photoshop

Rawz
12-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I really prefer making my own backgrounds with brushes..
When I'm lazy I just make one out of renders ;)

Titchgamer
12-01-2010, 06:43 PM
thanks guys ile have a play when i get 5 mins.

Rawz
12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Looking forward to seeing it mate ;)

Titchgamer
12-01-2010, 07:30 PM
OK well how about this? May help people who feel ill but cant quite throw it up....
But I can use grunge brushes now :p

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv129/titchgamer/re.jpg

D3ATH77
12-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Good start for beginer
I can see that you could have potential sometime

Titchgamer
12-01-2010, 08:08 PM
thanks death :p

willo745
12-01-2010, 09:31 PM
thanks guys ile have a play when i get 5 mins.

Stop encouraging him, i had to fight alone today. Fusa suffered lol.

Titch how did you do the background mate, what did you use. Good try better than anything i've come up with anyway, patience young Jedi and all knowledge shall be bestowed upon you. lol./cool

Titchgamer
12-01-2010, 11:39 PM
The original 2 were done useing a background I modified. The last 1 was me prating about with grunge brushes :p

I was on tnite young jedi with a team of 6 but you were playing cod5....

Oh btw..... WE KICKED ASS!!!!

Assassin
13-01-2010, 07:31 AM
OK well how about this? May help people who feel ill but cant quite throw it up....
But I can use grunge brushes now :p

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv129/titchgamer/re.jpg

As D3ATH said, that's a good start for the beginners, but you could still improve if you work on with the same grunge brushes but stick onto something big in size.
Soz fella if this might discourage you but tbh you really have to get some good learning on color choosing before you proceed. You had some pretty bad color sense on that one. But I suppose that might not be a big problem since you might get along as you progress.
Btw I suppose you might get your inspiration for your colors from the very games you play! For instance as most RPG/Shooter games turn out to be, you could rely on some pretty dark shades and that might help you out with this sig, but just make sure that you make the render distinct enough to be noticed !

Titchgamer
13-01-2010, 07:31 PM
As D3ATH said, that's a good start for the beginners, but you could still improve if you work on with the same grunge brushes but stick onto something big in size.
Soz fella if this might discourage you but tbh you really have to get some good learning on color choosing before you proceed. You had some pretty bad color sense on that one. But I suppose that might not be a big problem since you might get along as you progress.
Btw I suppose you might get your inspiration for your colors from the very games you play! For instance as most RPG/Shooter games turn out to be, you could rely on some pretty dark shades and that might help you out with this sig, but just make sure that you make the render distinct enough to be noticed !

No i appreciate all help mate, and to be honest I wasnt really trying to make a good one out of that, was just buggering around!! Just wanted to check that was the effect you guys were after....

If I get some time later Ile have anouther go with more serious intents :p

willo745
13-01-2010, 07:44 PM
No i appreciate all help mate, and to be honest I wasnt really trying to make a good one out of that, was just buggering around!! Just wanted to check that was the effect you guys were after....

If I get some time later Ile have anouther go with more serious intents :p

Told you Titch bloody harder than it looks isn't it, lol.

Shooting Non Fusa bods is easier i find, lol.:)

Heracles_xx
13-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Not read the entire thread, so excuse me if this has already been said.

The best way to do an easy background that will make it easier for you to blend your renders into, is to use your render, or stock image if you are using one. That way, the colours of the background go with the colours of the main render or renders. All you'd have to do is to duplicate the render a couple of times and make sure it fills the canvas, and then just smudge them around, or use a filter. Then, when you place the render(s) on the signature, they should look like they belong there.

willo745
14-01-2010, 03:27 PM
The original 2 were done useing a background I modified. The last 1 was me prating about with grunge brushes :p

I was on tnite young jedi with a team of 6 but you were playing cod5....

Oh btw..... WE KICKED ASS!!!!

Resident evil 5 if i remember correctly, must be age mate. Don't worry comes to us all in the end. lol.:p

Titchgamer
14-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Resident evil 5 if i remember correctly, must be age mate. Don't worry comes to us all in the end. lol.:p

Nah i was on RE5 before, then i went and kicked ass on cod with 5 others. Had a 13 kill streak with sniper rifle only, 12 headshots to :p

willo745
14-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Nah i was on RE5 before, then i went and kicked ass on cod with 5 others. Had a 13 kill streak with sniper rifle only, 12 headshots to :p

There's an idea Titch, why not try a Fusa sig. Nice Gun one, give you a bit of practice. lol just an idea. liked the Resi renders you used as well.:)

Titchgamer
14-01-2010, 08:39 PM
There's an idea Titch, why not try a Fusa sig. Nice Gun one, give you a bit of practice. lol just an idea. liked the Resi renders you used as well.:)

Hmm thats a good idea mate.