PDA

View Full Version : Im new

THSshorty13
22-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Hi, Im new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I recently got a psp and it's awesome, much better than the ds. I really like this website and I hope to get to know some people and talk about the psp.

Wall Hacker
22-07-2005, 11:43 PM
First off, I'd like to ask. What features of the PSP inspired you get one? I really am curious to why people buy the PSP.

THSshorty13
23-07-2005, 12:06 AM
Well because I had heard great things about it and i had a ds and it sucked. I also bought it because of the cool games it has, the graphics, the mp3 capabilities, you can play movies on it, you can download movies and videos on it, wifi,and because i heard you would be able to browse the web on it soon.

Constantine
23-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Might I ask why you didn't liek the DS?

THSshorty13
23-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Bad graphic, bad games, to small of a screen, still doesnt have wifi, touch screen gets scratched up so you can barly see the screen, theirs probally other things that i cant think of right now. :)

FalseProphecy
23-07-2005, 01:34 AM
Probably the ability to lose those little cards they call games.

Constantine
23-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Ooo, I like how small the cards are. Nifty!!

Wall Hacker
23-07-2005, 04:35 AM
Probably the ability to lose those little cards they call games.
Have you ever though of keeping track of them? Just a thought.

FalseProphecy
23-07-2005, 05:27 AM
Have you ever heard of a hypothetical question? Like I would EVER buy another Nintendo product. The only way Nintendo could suck more is if it made a vacuum.

Wall Hacker
23-07-2005, 05:36 AM
The only way Nintendo could suck more is if it made a vacuum. You cannot be serious.

FalseProphecy
23-07-2005, 05:42 AM
Oh, I can. And, I am.

Wall Hacker
23-07-2005, 05:56 AM
All that's doing is destroying what little you have left of your Intelligence .

FalseProphecy
23-07-2005, 06:07 AM
Your grammar is atrocious. Intelligence isn't capitalized, unless at the beginning of a sentence, which you learn in, what, first grade? And, "what little you have left of your" isn't right either. It should be, "what little intelligence you have left."
Dumbass.

The Juggler
23-07-2005, 10:06 PM
ahem... evening gents.... :?

You know this constant bickering about which is best is kinda mute really eh....

I mean we (us lot on the PSP Forum) are into PSP. You may spot the link here PSP Forum and a membership of PSP enthusiasts. So it does seem weird that DS owners take the time and effort into logging on just to have a pop at the PSP. :shock:

I have seen, and taken part, in a few banter sessions regarding the merits of both machines and have decided that both machines are great in their own way.

As someone has already pointed out it does seem that if your happy with your portable unit one would not feel the need to go to all that trouble just to slag off another unit unless deep down your feeling slightly angst that you have purchased the a runt of a litter and that your are in some way trying to pursuade yourself that you have made the right decision.

So based on that assumption may I just say that the DS is a fine little system and one that I am sure suits your (limited) needs but we all like the PSP and it's ability to do so much more.

Sop please stop just being silly and go and play with your (bit my tongue at this point) Ds as it is such a fine portable and stop trying to justify your choice here.... because we ALL know that you made the wrong choice :D

THSshorty13... welcome to the forum... I look dorward to exchanging some banter at some point. It will be nice hearing the opinion of someone that has actually got both portables to make comparrisons if we ever need that.

Des

:roll:

Megaman
23-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Go Des! Des 4 King... er Prime Minister! :D

THSshorty13
24-07-2005, 06:44 AM
"THSshorty13... welcome to the forum... I look dorward to exchanging some banter at some point. It will be nice hearing the opinion of someone that has actually got both portables to make comparrisons if we ever need that"

Thank you juggler :D

Wall Hacker
24-07-2005, 11:45 PM
ahem... evening gents.... :?

You know this constant bickering about which is best is kinda mute really eh....

I mean we (us lot on the PSP Forum) are into PSP. You may spot the link here PSP Forum and a membership of PSP enthusiasts. So it does seem weird that DS owners take the time and effort into logging on just to have a pop at the PSP. :shock:

I have seen, and taken part, in a few banter sessions regarding the merits of both machines and have decided that both machines are great in their own way.

As someone has already pointed out it does seem that if your happy with your portable unit one would not feel the need to go to all that trouble just to slag off another unit unless deep down your feeling slightly angst that you have purchased the a runt of a litter and that your are in some way trying to pursuade yourself that you have made the right decision.

So based on that assumption may I just say that the DS is a fine little system and one that I am sure suits your (limited) needs but we all like the PSP and it's ability to do so much more.

Sop please stop just being silly and go and play with your (bit my tongue at this point) Ds as it is such a fine portable and stop trying to justify your choice here.... because we ALL know that you made the wrong choice :D

THSshorty13... welcome to the forum... I look dorward to exchanging some banter at some point. It will be nice hearing the opinion of someone that has actually got both portables to make comparrisons if we ever need that.

Des

I'm just curious to why people would such a bad portable gaming system.

THSshorty13
25-07-2005, 12:14 AM
"I'm just curious to why people would such a bad portable gaming system."

huh?

The Juggler
25-07-2005, 08:24 AM
THSshorty13...
Please excuse Wall Hacker as we believe he may have been out in the sun somewhat without his wide brimmed bonnet on 8)

You see we have a few silly people who take the time and effort to register on the site only to slag off the PSP without even owning one!!!
Not sure any of the members here have bothered to do that to DS sites... mainly because we know that were happy with our choice of portable unit unlike them.

I mean this does kinda shows the mentality of these individuals as they cannot even express there arguements or continue a debate like and adult... Bless.... :D

As for what he was trying to say in his last post I presume he missed out the word BUY.... so his quest was...

I'm just curious to why people would BUY such a bad portable gaming system.

I have asked this question myself before and can only assume that their parents could not afford to buy them a grown up system like the PSP in the first place and not an overgrown Tamagotchi with a wand :wink:

Des

THSshorty13
25-07-2005, 09:48 AM
lol :D

Constantine
25-07-2005, 11:13 PM
...I don't have a PSP.

Constantine

Megaman
26-07-2005, 02:11 AM
What makes the PSP such as bad system? Have you even owned one? Personally I found that 4/5th's of the cons of the PSP to be lies. Lies I tell you.... LIES!!! <.< >.>

Constantine
26-07-2005, 02:15 AM
And what are the cons of the PSP system?

Constantine

FalseProphecy
26-07-2005, 02:29 AM
That you can eat it. LIES!

Megaman
26-07-2005, 02:34 AM
Not True:
Disk holder pops open when pressed one
Battery lasts 3 hours.
Too heavy/big (DS is bigger and heavier... seriously)
Crappy games
Fragile (I dropped it 2 times)

True:
Scratches
dead pixels
kinda expensive (it'll get cheaper!)

*The battery lasts about 6 hours for games, 8 for movies, 10-12 for music when not abused. Well my battery lasts that long.

Constantine
26-07-2005, 02:48 AM
All the more reason to get one. And, yes, the DS is heavier and bigger, but it's built like a brick.

Constantine