PDA

View Full Version : Not yet an owner, already have questions...! ;-)

Crow74
09-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Hi guys!

Hope you can help me out with this question. Are games region encoded just like DVD's? I hope not, 'cause PSP games are much cheaper across the border than in my own country.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Constantine
09-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi guys!

Hope you can help me out with this question. Are games region encoded just like DVD's? I hope not, 'cause PSP games are much cheaper across the border than in my own country.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Some games are, such as Midnight Club 3:DUB Edition. And more games coming out will be, you just have to research before you buy one.

Constantine

The Juggler
09-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Hello and welcome.

Before I read Constantines posting I would have put my hand on my heart and said no games are not regionally coded :shock:

Constantine... can you be sure on your posting because this is news to me :?:

Des

:roll:

Constantine
09-08-2005, 04:24 PM
Hello and welcome.

Before I read Constantines posting I would have put my hand on my heart and said no games are not regionally coded :shock:

Constantine... can you be sure on your posting because this is news to me :?:

Des

Yep, I even have a pic for proof

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/138/ghjkfgj1ws.jpg
:)

Constantine

Crow74
09-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Some games are, such as Midnight Club 3:DUB Edition. And more games coming out will be, you just have to research before you buy one.
Constantine
Thanks for the image and for your help, Constantine!

One of the reason I asked the question is that I could not find any region specific information in any online shop for any PSP game.

It would be nice if someone could point out a site of webpage that does give this information... :roll:

In the meantime I will keep looking and post my results if I find any useful information.

Constantine
09-08-2005, 07:06 PM
I have no clue what website you would be looking for, but I found that clip in a magazine and I scanned it to prove to Juggler.

Constantine

The Juggler
09-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Constantine many thanks for the time and trouble you took to scan that in. Again I am extremly surprised at this and wonder how many others will be shocked :shock: too.

Regards

Des

Constantine
10-08-2005, 02:50 AM
Constantine many thanks for the time and trouble you took to scan that in. Again I am extremly surprised at this and wonder how many others will be shocked :shock: too.

Regards

Des

This means that Sony has gone back on their word, that all games will be region free.

Constantine

The Juggler
10-08-2005, 06:06 PM
I am still VERY surprised and wonder if the magazine article you found was a mistake. I am sure we shall find out soon enough :shock:

Des

Constantine
10-08-2005, 06:09 PM
I am still VERY surprised and wonder if the magazine article you found was a mistake. I am sure we shall find out soon enough :shock:

Des

I got it from the newest Game Informer magazine, which is rated #1. Not that ratings are everything, but that would be a major mistake.

Constantine