PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 3

The Juggler
09-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Never been into consols too much, always been a pc kinda bloke, but situations demand that I buy into the areana and I bougth a 360.

I have a few ( :wink: ) games but one that I adore and play to death is Call of Duty 2. Multiplayer is just awesome.

So imagine my excitement that COD3 is on it's way... I await it's release with baited breath and even pre-order the game.

It arrived on Tuesday... my god what a great game... the graphics are just awesome and the 24 players in one game room is fantastic... still doing the single player and often just stop and look at the astonishing amount of detail that has been put into the game. It had a couple of glitches but by yesterday a fix from Microsoft (another reason to get live,,, automatically updates the games for you) and all seem ok.
It is different in it's game play to COD2 and alot of people are bitching about it.... but hey if you wanted the old game then stay with COD2.... this is way more realistic and hard to play... hopefullly it will keep the number of snotty nosed wet behind the ears kiddies from playing online.

I adore the game and recommend this to any 360 owner who likes this sort of genre (First persone perspective WWII). You can also play as Canadians as well :lol:

Des

:roll:

sam_pears
09-11-2006, 08:38 PM
I'll tell you what, i'm getting a 360 for Christmas (most likely). And this game is top of my list. I have seen videos and gameplay vids on IGN ect and MY GOD! It just blows my mind.

Hey Juggler :D

Could you tell me a bit about multiplayer on COD3. It looks amazing with all the different types of games there are to play.

Also on Live. Is it always busy, I mean are there lots of players on?

I can't wait till Christmas!

Thanks...

The Juggler
10-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Ok the games are standard Deathmatch (kill them ALL :twisted: ) and team deathmath (kill the opposition with your mates).. although these are called Battles... then a varient on capture the flag and post and... well awesome.... the maps are BIG and detailed but at the moment there are only six of them... this will change real soon.

As for busy not yet.... as not that many have the game... had a room (thats a game in progress) with 24 players in and all was smooth as a smooth thing could be.

Awesome game.

Des

Pagnell
10-11-2006, 11:42 AM
This was released today and it's a straight fight between it and FEAR as to what get's purchased at lunchtime in Asda. My only reservation is that I completed the second game on normal difficulty in less than three days. Hopefully this will be longer.

Fear or COD3. What do you reckon people?

sam_pears
10-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the info Juggler, it sounds amazing I cant wait!

Fear or COD3. What do you reckon people?

COD3, 100 times out of 100...

I havent played either of these games I am just going of videos and me playing COD2 on the 360...

The Juggler
10-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Pagnell both different games... I have played the fear demo and it is great... guys in assault uniforms in a dark building and a creepy ghost girl (ala Grudge) slaughtering as it goes...

Know what you mean about COD2 but the single player game is not the issue here.... am still working my way through the single player on COD3... not on Veteran as the web has stated that this is almost impossible... so one down from the top and I am having a blast.... the detail is just INCREDIBLE... multiple ways to complete a mission although some of them do coral you into certain area's so the feeling of being in control as to where one can roam is stiffled.

Your choise man... I am sure you will enjoy both in a different sort of way.

Des

imported_Ryder
13-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Hey is this game gonna be for the PS3 or is it an Xbox excluisve???

sam_pears
13-11-2006, 11:27 PM
It is coming out on PS3...

imported_Ryder
14-11-2006, 12:38 AM
YEAH!!!! :lol: