PDA

View Full Version : Need for speed Carbon on PS3 vs. 360

pspwad
02-01-2007, 11:25 PM
ok here is a comparison between PS3 and 360. roll over the pictures to see the PS3 version. I personally like the PS3, NON BASED ON THESE PICTURES.here it is (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html?tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&click=topslot)

Both systems have fairly similar graphics in Need for Speed Carbon, but the Xbox 360 has better lighting while the PS3 has sharper textures. The 360 has better high dynamic range lighting in the Camaro image. We're not sure if the PS3 version blurs the background tree leaves on purpose, but it's another noticeable difference. The lighting in the street shot appears more realistic on the 360, but the building textures are sharper on the PS3. We also seem to be missing some lighting and a few landmarks in the rearview mirror of the PS3 version.

bamhm182
02-01-2007, 11:33 PM
The game isn't that dark, because look at all the screenshots for other games, they're all really dark, like GoW, it looks REALLY dark from the screenshots, but I'm sure it's not really that dark.

The Juggler
03-01-2007, 01:01 AM
Had the demo downloaded from Live and on a mag disk and was not too impressed with the game play... graphicalloy i thought it was very good though (360 version).... seems weird that the graphics would be so different from 360 to PS3.....

I hope that a healthy competition between the two units and their software supported houses developes to try and out do each other... that way as gamers win no matter what unit we have.

Des

:roll:

Agomae
03-01-2007, 02:07 AM
I'd say .. the 360 is best.

Pagnell
03-01-2007, 11:41 AM
The difference in the graphics on the two versions of the same game has absolutely nothing to do with the capabilities of either system as it's obvious neither is being pushed in any way shape or form by the game. I have played it and while the graphics are good, they aren't a patch on the likes of Burnout Revenge or even PGR3. I'd go so far as saying it looked a bit last gen to me, and the stills in the linked page shows this too.

However, if you check out some of the other game comparisons linked on the page, you will get a better idea of which system is better for what. I was surprised that overall the 360 seems to have a better look. It seems the 360 is better for lighting effects and the PS3 has slightly better textures.

So much for the PS3 blowing the 360 away.

bamhm182
03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
I think that the PS3 and the 360 both need to have something that stresses their capabilities to that max, that's show everybody what video game system has the most potential to be the best. The 360 wouldn't be so high and mighty than! lol

Also, just curious, sorry to go off topic, but does gamespot and other websites with screenshots actually have a screenshot module for the PS3 and the other systems, or are those screenshots just made from an emulated PS3 on the computer or something like that?

Pagnell
03-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I think that the PS3 and the 360 both need to have something that stresses their capabilities to that max, that's show everybody what video game system has the most potential to be the best. The 360 wouldn't be so high and mighty than! lol

I think you would be surprised. I have read it's already been proven the difference in raw processing power between the two is very small indeed (pathetic considering the PS3 is a year newer) and you only have to look at those games to see the graphics differences are virtually zero if not better on the 360.

It goes to show that, like they did with the PS2 in their quest to oust the Dreamcast, Sony went a little over the top with their wow factor hype when they basically implied the PS3 would p*ss on the 360. I will post the conclusion of the above article to prove what a crock of sh*t that was. Make especial note of the frame rate comment, which will probably come as a surprise to most people on here, especially the PS3 fanboys :-

The Xbox 360 had better graphics in almost all the games we examined. The 360's biggest victories were in Madden 07 and Fight Night Round 3, where the differences in texture detail and lighting stood out in our comparison shots. We couldn't capture this in the screenshots, but the Xbox 360 games generally offered better framerates too.

Constantine
03-01-2007, 07:01 PM
After looking at all those pics the PS3 screens look very washed out to me. Maybe it was the cmera though :S.

Constantine

imported_Ryder
04-01-2007, 12:55 AM
but the Xbox 360 games generally offered better framerates too.

I'm sorry, but I've heard all these bullsh*t rumors that the PS3 has major framerate issues, but on Resistance:Fall Of Man I can't see any framerate problems at all...even when I try to see them...NOTHING!!!

And BTW how can they say Fight Night Round 3 look better on the 360?!?!?!

I COULD BARLY SEE PASSED THE SUPER NOVA THEY CALLED SUNLIGHT PASSING THROUGH THE WINDOWS!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Berserk_Fury
04-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Right now, I blame poor programing. If you remember, the first 360 games looked really bad as well.

bamhm182
04-01-2007, 07:20 AM
I don't think that it's a problem with the game, I think it's just normal in every game, or maybe it's a glitch somehow... But yesterday I noticed that when a online game ended and it displayed the stats(who killed who) that sometimes you could move around and it'd be kinda laggy. I don't know, I think that it's just a glitch, did you notice that Ryder, I don't think you could have because pretty much every time the game ended, you'd just fall over. :P

Pagnell
04-01-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm sorry, but I've heard all these bullsh*t rumors that the PS3 has major framerate issues, but on Resistance:Fall Of Man I can't see any framerate problems at all...even when I try to see them...NOTHING!!!

Because in those games tested, the frame rate on the 360 was better. Doesn't mean it will effect all games. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Because it does. You can't judge to graphics being better or not being better by a still image. Look at the article and read why they say it's better.

imported_Ryder
05-01-2007, 10:25 PM

Because it does. You can't judge to graphics being better or not being better by a still image. Look at the article and read why they say it's better.

If you say that then there is no point to that whole link where it shows images... :roll: :?

And of course the graphics are going to look better on the 360 right now, the people who make the games have had a whole year to tweak with the way they make the games, but its a whole new deal with the PS3 so we can't judge who is better right now, give it a good six to twelve months at the most and then we can see whats what... :wink:

BTW Resistance: Fall Of Man is amazing when it comes to graphics for a launch game... :D

bamhm182
06-01-2007, 03:06 AM
Even if it weren't a launch game, the graphics would still look AMAZING! Imagine what Resistance 2, if there is a 2, is going to be like.They'll probably have the 50 GB Blu-Ray discs out, and the graphics on video game sequels is almost always better. So Resistance 2 will look amazing.

Beodude123
06-01-2007, 04:17 AM
I think you would be surprised. I have read it's already been proven the difference in raw processing power between the two is very small indeed (pathetic considering the PS3 is a year newer)

Maybe 5 years ago that would be a valid agreement, but it's not like processing power has gone up a whole lot lately. Don't get me wrong, it has, but not like before. You can only fit so many transistors on a tiny circuit card, so yeah.

I haven't seen a whole lot of 360 games, but what I have seen I haven't been super impressed with. Of course this is just hanging out with a friend for an hour or so at most, and watching a game or two. I haven't seen much PS3 stuff, but I hope it turns out well.

Ashley R
06-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Sad to say it (as I'm more of a Sony fan than Microsoft) but I think the 360 GRFX look better :(

Needless to say this isn't going to deter me when I mosey along and purchase my PS3 :D

dirtbikr6288
06-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Damn...I really feel bad for all of those people who went out and spent $600 on a PS3 when they would have the same if not better off witha 360...AHAHA

*NO, actually I'm glad...that's what they get for beleiving hype and conforming to all the bullsh*t that SONY put out

Pagnell
06-01-2007, 07:32 PM
If you say that then there is no point to that whole link where it shows images... :roll: :?

Don't talk sh*t man. Of course there is a point but there are instances, in such as lighting, where it will look completely different moving than it does with still images.

I haven't seen a whole lot of 360 games, but what I have seen I haven't been super impressed with. Of course this is just hanging out with a friend for an hour or so at most, and watching a game or two. I haven't seen much PS3 stuff, but I hope it turns out well.

If you aren't impressed with the 360 then judging on the article I suggest you avoid even looking at the PS3.

lightt
06-01-2007, 07:51 PM
If you aren't impressed with the 360 then judging on the article I suggest you avoid even looking at the PS3.

lol

meanwhile lightt just watches. . . :roll:

imported_Ryder
06-01-2007, 11:52 PM

Don't talk sh*t man. Of course there is a point but there are instances, in such as lighting, where it will look completely different moving than it does with still images.

No no, don't take me wrong...I was just indicating that you were kinda contradicting yourself, no reason to get mad about it...and...how was I talking sh*t???

:? :? :?

Kernel Kev
07-01-2007, 11:13 PM
this is one of those pathetic arguments that will never come to an end. The 360 and the ps3 are BOTH better than each other, just depends what angle you look at it.

Now stop bitching and actually go play those consoles you spend so long chucking lighting, blur, price excusses at each other.

dirtbikr6288
08-01-2007, 01:08 AM
this is one of those pathetic arguments that will never come to an end. The 360 and the ps3 are BOTH better than each other, just depends what angle you look at it.DING DING DING!! We have a winner!

Pagnell
08-01-2007, 11:28 AM
this is one of those pathetic arguments that will never come to an end. The 360 and the ps3 are BOTH better than each other, just depends what angle you look at it.

Now stop bitching and actually go play those consoles you spend so long chucking lighting, blur, price excusses at each other.

No one is bitching, it's called a difference of opinion.

Kernel Kev
08-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Whatever you want to call it, im not going to get into this. I was simply trying to point out that this topic is as pointless as the DS vs PSP ones.

odhranus
08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
WII wins, end of discussion.

Just kidding, end of the day, graphics aren't really that important, remember when PS2 was released and how blown away you were with them graphics? (well I was)

IMO, the gameplay is much more important, how much fun the games offer you, I had loads of fun with my NES, and the graphics on that are terrible n comparison to today's.

Thats why I'm getting a Wii, though I've always been a nintendo fanboy i'll admit

Kernel Kev
08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
WII wins, end of discussion.

Just kidding, end of the day, graphics aren't really that important, remember when PS2 was released and how blown away you were with them graphics? (well I was)

IMO, the gameplay is much more important, how much fun the games offer you, I had loads of fun with my NES, and the graphics on that are terrible n comparison to today's.

Thats why I'm getting a Wii, though I've always been a nintendo fanboy i'll admit

There is your prime example, thinks the wii is the best because its gameplay, when looking at all three from the gameplay angle, i would have to agree.

But i also find graphics is important.

odhranus
08-01-2007, 01:42 PM
I never said wii is the best, I dont think there will be an answer to the question "which is best?".

I'm just getting it because I like the concept of the way to control it, its cheap, plus I never play my ps2 anymore so doubt buying a PS3 or 360 would be worth it.

Pagnell
08-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Whatever you want to call it, im not going to get into this. I was simply trying to point out that this topic is as pointless as the DS vs PSP ones.

Sorry sir. :wink:

Kernel Kev
08-01-2007, 04:57 PM

Sorry sir. :wink:

LOL, appology accepted! :lol: