PDA

View Full Version : PS3 games to get 3x better?

Kernel Kev
18-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Lost in the shuffle is the fact that the current games that are out there are only using about 20 percent to 25 percent of the bandwidth. Once the publishers' excitement reaches a level of intensity that they start using more of the bandwidth, that will create additional excitement.

So, current PS3 games only using 25& of the ps3 power? Like to think that is true.

Beodude123
18-01-2007, 05:41 PM
I think it's funny. I've read a few things talking about the PS3. How it's not as good as X360, or not innovative... Haha It just launched dude! Sheez! Give me a break. Give it a year, and it'll be in full swing, kicking everybody's ass.

Ashley R
18-01-2007, 07:29 PM
They obviously are going to get better arent they though, look at the early PS2 games compared to the ones on the shelves now!! MASSIVE difference, give it time, although I don't think those figures are 100% correct!

imported_Ryder
19-01-2007, 03:58 AM
Lost in the shuffle is the fact that the current games that are out there are only using about 20 percent to 25 percent of the bandwidth. Once the publishers' excitement reaches a level of intensity that they start using more of the bandwidth, that will create additional excitement.

So, current PS3 games only using 25& of the ps3 power? Like to think that is true.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I can`t wait till some mind blowing games come out...

odhranus
19-01-2007, 10:18 AM
I think thats the same with any console, recent games for the 360 look awesome and its been out for a while now, so give it time and games for the PS3 and Wii will improve.

Thats one thing I like about this forum, there's a whole range of different users with different console/games tastes.

Pagnell
19-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Let's just wait and see what happens. I think people will be very surprised at the small amount of difference in power that will become apparent in the years to come. It has already been said that, while the PS3 has an all dancing CPU, it is not ideally designed for games where as the 360's is. Going back to the car analogy, it's like comparing a Lotus Exige to a Mercedes CL55 AMG on a track day. The AMG (PS3) will eat the Lotus alive in the straights but the Lotus (360) will end up with the same lap time because it can take the corners without breaking sweat.

Then you have the memory bandwidth advantages of the 360 and it's superior GPU. I would be surprised if overall, there is more than a 10% advantage to the PS3 so let's not start creaming ourselves just yet.

txa1265
19-01-2007, 01:48 PM
The presumption here is that 3x more available power actually translates into anything related to improved gameplay.

I would argue that they will use it to make prettier games with cooler effects, and continue to ignore and dumb-down gameplay.

So Sony will soon have 3x more idiotic but prettier games ...

Kernel Kev
19-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Let's just wait and see what happens. I think people will be very surprised at the small amount of difference in power that will become apparent in the years to come. It has already been said that, while the PS3 has an all dancing CPU, it is not ideally designed for games where as the 360's is. Going back to the car analogy, it's like comparing a Lotus Exige to a Mercedes CL55 AMG on a track day. The AMG (PS3) will eat the Lotus alive in the straights but the Lotus (360) will end up with the same lap time because it can take the corners without breaking sweat.

That was also on the clarkson DVD, a lotus exige against a ford mustang, with a massive supercharger on it made by a company who competes in Nascar. The Lotus was all over it.

Although i think the ps3 isnt much better than the PS3, i really would love it if it can get 3X's better!

bamhm182
20-01-2007, 06:25 AM
I'm actually VERY anxious to see what's going to happen in 2008... 2007, I expect to be a growing year for all of them, maybe not so much the 360 since that was what 2006 was for it, kinda, but either way, I will hopefully be getting the Wii and 360 by 2008, so than I can see which is truly the best IMO.

Kernel Kev
20-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I really do feel the wii isnt going to be far behind, if behind at all.

Hell, its the first nintendo console i have considered getting.

Only reason i havent is my room is too small to jump about in.

odhranus
22-01-2007, 11:29 AM
you dont need that much room really, you're not jumping about all the time, most games you can play sitting down.

IMO 360 and PS3 will beat the Wii, but the Wii has been a GREAT success so far. Better than the gamecube was.