PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3

The Juggler
19-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Bought this game yesterday and after playing it foir about four hours I am a little disappointed.

I Guess I was expected the same sort of 'free' movement that Crackdown has and the feel of a real place full of knocks and crannies but alas that 'feel' is not there.

Webbing about the place seems kinda vague and I get the feeling that I am not totally in control (man I feel that ALLL of the time :wink: ).

The game seems to be on three levels with main game then crime busting then sub games.
I have found that the fighting side is kinda like the old arcade button pushing fighters... bash keys as fast as one can type thing.
Like Crackdown (sorry to keep comparing the two but both are very similiar) you have different gangs to deal with... So far I have met some Candy girls with short skirts and even shorter tempers with killer umbrella's :shock: ... some weird space suited geezers and some lizards and these weird Chinese type blokes that like in magic urns... the later kick my butt each time we meet.
Numerous power-ups are for the upgrading which might help with the fighting later on... yet more button combinbations to remember :?

Oh and for Paggers and Kev... they have ORBS!!!!! :evil: bloody skyscraper orbs to find.

Your spidey character can change as the game progresses and the box blurb assures me that there are eleven different ways to play the game... so obviously I have a long way to go and maybe then the game will grow on me and I will get used to the feel of the game and the webbing about the city and the running up buildings and crawling upside down etc.

So initial feeling is that if your into Crackdown don't expect this game to grab your attention and enthusiam like the first few hours on Crackdown did.
If however you have not got Crackdown then I suggest you go buy it 8)

I will let you guys know if this game grows on me..... oh and by the way.... NO LIVE MULTIPLAYER ACTION AT ALL :cry:

Des

:roll:

The Juggler
01-06-2007, 07:45 PM
hmmmm ok... update....

Man it is so awkward to control while you zap about on your web.... you can get to where you want to go but the feeling of total control is not there at all (maybe that's just me not being a good Spidey :cry: ).
You have some missions where you have to MJ for a web ride... you have to get to markers in set times... sounds easy yes.... well with the vague flying controls of the web slinger it makes for VERY frustrating game play.

The most frustrating thing for me is the 'push this button and now this button and this one and now this one' affairs.... you have nano seconds to push a button which flashes onto the screen and if you don't do it then blam your back to the begining of that section again.... I HATE THAT!!! :evil: maybe it is just my reflexes not being up to scratch of something but it makes me so MAD.

Also some sections are so 'old gameplay' when it comes to killing bad guys. You know the old games where one had to run in and hit B that punches the bad guy and then run out... only to have to repeat it a further ten times before the bad guy dies.... or in this case you get a cut scene where you have to press all manner of bloody buttons before you do actually beat the bad guy boss.

I see the word Frustrating cropping up more and more when I talk about this game... others have used the same word also.... and that is what sums up this game... FRUSTRATING.
It has been many years since I have lost my patience with a game and almost destroyed a controller or mouse.... but this game has come so close :evil:

Des

Kernel Kev
01-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Im afraid it is you reflexes ol boy. I had no problem with the story mode of this game, its the bomb races and the fighting things that annoy me. I believe this game will be going on Ebay very soon indeed as i just cant be arsed to complete all achievements as they are just not fun achievements.

Once i have found my last skyscraper token (i may aswell) then it will be on ebay.

Looking at pirates of the carabbean next, looks kinda cool.

Kev
8)

The Juggler
01-06-2007, 08:22 PM
DAMN... knew I was getting old..... YOU CHEEKY GIT :wink:

The demo for Pirates was ok.... to me it's just Tomb Raider with a beard and a sword.... shame the movie was such crap.

Des

VAMP
02-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Is the movie really crap? I haven't seen it yet, but I was kind of looking forward to it since I liked the first two. Did you like the first two? Do you think someone that really liked the first two would like part 3?

Constantine
02-06-2007, 06:28 PM
I thought it was pretty cool. Lots of twists and turns, along with some comical parts.

Constantine

bamhm182
03-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I still haven't seen Spiderman 3, I want to, it looks pretty good and all, but I'll probably wait till it's out on DVD. On another note, I went to go see 28 Days Later and the last hour of the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, they were both really good.

On topic, I haven't played Spiderman 3 yet, and I'm not really in a hurry to either, most games based off movies suck...

Kernel Kev
03-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Spiderman 3 is an okay game, i will not be keeping it much longer. It is a good game to do the storyline in but then after that its quite boring and repetitive.

Kev
8)

The Juggler
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Adored the first two pirate movies... as I said people were getting up and leaving during the film.

Des

bamhm182
04-06-2007, 02:13 AM
The Pirates game sucks, my mom rented it, it gets BORING, you hit the bad pirates twice and than they turn around and slash their backs.

weezer
04-06-2007, 03:18 AM
Games based on movies tend to suck...

bamhm182
04-06-2007, 06:03 AM
True that, I haven't seen one game based on a movie that was AWESOME, I've seen comics and movies and what not based on games, they're usually pretty good though.

The closest thing I've come to playing a good game that was based off a movie was the mini games in Daxter for the PSP, those were pretty fun.

Kernel Kev
05-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Matrix: Path of Neo

That is the nuts of a game, i still get it out every now and then to beat the cr*p out of some bad guys. The fighting system on it is amazing, i have never seen anything like it.

I wish they come out with a similar game for the 360, if anyone knows of a game like that then please do tell.

Kev
8)

sam_pears
05-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Wow my view on the game is totally different, I LOVE IT! I have owned like every Spiderman game there is on whatever console I had and this is my favourite yet. I never get tired of webbing my way around NY. The only downside of this game is the annoying as hell CAMERA! I mean MY GOD!! I't so bloody annoying if i'm climbing a tall building and they camera is in a crap postition. You have yo move it every time you sling your web out. But other than that little thing, I love it!

Kernel Kev
06-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Dont get me wrong, the web slinging is awesome, but we clearly differ as to how long that feeling is sustained. As i am starting to think, "how much web slinging can one do"

Good game, a keeper, certainly not.

Kev
8)

Constantine
06-06-2007, 12:07 AM

That is the nuts of a game, i still get it out every now and then to beat the cr*p out of some bad guys. The fighting system on it is amazing, i have never seen anything like it.

I wish they come out with a similar game for the 360, if anyone knows of a game like that then please do tell.

Kev
8)

I still bust this game out, too. Owning people has never been better.

Constantine

odhranus
06-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Kev
8)

I still bust this game out, too. Owning people has never been better.

Constantine

same here, one ass-kicking game