PDA

View Full Version : Skate

odhranus
13-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Played the demo last night and I must admit it's a great game, in some levels it's better than Tony Hawks, though I've been a fan of the Tony Hawks series since the first one, the gameplay is just much better, the tricks are harder to pull off but they feel like you're actually doing the tricks, ollying comprises of pulling the right analogue stick down then up, a kickflip is the same but you push the stick diagonally after pulling it down. Instead of just a simple tap of the X button. When you pull off a nice trick it feels much more satisfying.
The graphics are sweet and you can even pause the game and edit a replay that you can then upload to the skate web-site. With loads of effects, though in the demo it doesn't let you save your replay. Though my mate has said that there is a way of saving it, might find out later.

weezer
14-09-2007, 02:51 AM
I really want this game. It looks like a Gran Turismo of the skateboarding world. Realistic simulator. Ever since the first THPS game came out I've always wanted a game like this to come out.

odhranus
14-09-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm debating wether to get this or TH proving ground, I downloaded the demo last night so will compare them tonight. Skate is a lot more realistic

Kernel Kev
14-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Might download this when i get time, with my new busy life and all.

P.S. I got a second interview in Game, which basically means i got the job. All i need to know is if its going to be enough.

Kev
:cool:

VAMP
17-09-2007, 01:34 AM
This game looks really cool. All the reviews I've read so far have been in the 9/10 range too. Looks like a winner. I think I may pick it up.

odhranus
17-09-2007, 12:01 PM
well after playing the demo for proving ground, I've decided it's just ANOTHER tony hawks game so for myself I'm going to get Skate for sure, it got a 5 out of 5 on Gamer TV

weezer
18-09-2007, 09:44 PM
I think I may go out and pick this up in a few minutes. It looks too good to pass up.

Kernel Kev
18-09-2007, 11:39 PM
Played the demo, thought it was better than the TH series, but still im not a big enough fan of skate boarding to buy it.

Kev

weezer
19-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Bought it like I said I was and it's a great game so far. Tricks are fun to do and a little more difficult, which is good. I'm not a big fan of the camera angle when you're standing still, though. Not a big deal.

Ard.Rhys
19-09-2007, 03:49 AM
i tried doing the demo, got up to the grinding tutorial but i just couldnt pull it off.

skating is not for me =/

Kernel Kev
19-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Yeah it took me about 5 attempts before i could land a grind only to stack it on the way off. lol

Kev

odhranus
19-09-2007, 10:11 AM
it takes a while to get used to but I like it, more of a simulator, me and my mates have gotten sick of TH games as we were getting too good at it, stringing together combo's like mad by tapping like crazy, getting 100,000+ point combo's. This game takes more skill and is based more on the way the trick looks than the score you get.

Weezer are there any more flip tricks you can do other than a kickflip and a shove it?

EDIT: AAwwww, I've gotta wait till october for it!

Pagnell
19-09-2007, 12:07 PM
I have never been a fan of skating games myself and after downloading this demo a few weeks back and spending an hour playing it, that hasn't changed.

Now deleted.

bamhm182
20-09-2007, 02:02 AM
I've got it on my 360, but I don't think I've taken the time to play it. On the note of unplayed demos, I played Stranglehold today, it was fun. I'll be getting it once it's in the bargain bin.