PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4 confirmed for 360

VAMP
27-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Here's a picture of the 360 version for confirmation.

http://www.adamcg.com/newdump/mgs4.png

http://www.psp-forum.com/images/smilies/icon_lol.gifSorry if I mislead you, but I thought it was a funny pic and I wanted people to think it was true at first and then have a laugh at the picture. http://www.psp-forum.com/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Kernel Kev
27-09-2007, 09:13 PM
ROFL

Well your plan worked, funny, but a bit too many disks there.

Kev
:cool:

Monkey Business
27-09-2007, 09:29 PM
LMAO
That was very funny
quality post VAMP.

VAMP
27-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Thank you guys, I just hope nobody gets mad.

imported_Ryder
27-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Oh man that was the best laugh I've had in a while! Hilarious find my friend, well done! Hahaha! I love it...

weezer
28-09-2007, 03:13 AM
We all knew you'd like it...

But yeah, it's pretty funny. If you were a huge fanboy or something it'd be different (yet still a little funny lol).

Berserk_Fury
28-09-2007, 03:56 AM
Just when I was about to try to kill another link with another confirmation of MGS4 for 360 judging by the title, this turned out to be actually a great post. Great idea there.

ABC
29-09-2007, 04:37 AM
That picture is hillarious.

One of the biggest mistake that M$ made was leaving a last gen disc drive in the 360 making it EXTREMELY hard for developers to cram games onto less than 5 gig disks. Even Rockstar came out and said in their latest article in GI that they are having big troubles cramming GTA4 onto a standard DVD disc and M$ isn't cooperating at all.

VAMP
29-09-2007, 06:25 AM
I don't see why they just don't put it on two discs. That's what ended up happening with Lost Odessey, they had to put it on four discs.

bamhm182
29-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Think about it... Driving, Driving, Driving, get to the next Island, please inset disk 3, inserts disk 3, driving, driving, oh no, I forgot, the hooker's on the other island, driving, driving, please insert disk 1.

For some games that'd be fine, like pretty much all non-free-roam games, but with the games that you can free-roam in, it'd suck...

ABC
29-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Think about it... Driving, Driving, Driving, get to the next Island, please inset disk 3, inserts disk 3, driving, driving, oh no, I forgot, the hooker's on the other island, driving, driving, please insert disk 1.

For some games that'd be fine, like pretty much all non-free-roam games, but with the games that you can free-roam in, it'd suck...

Exactly. And M$ isn't granting them access to utilize the HD for game development since not all 360 owners have one. So Rockstar (and any dev making a huge game) really has their hands tied and has to spend more time and money compressing the hell out of info to make it fit on that standard DVD. It's going to be the 360s early downfall when game start getting more complex as the years go on. That's when your going to see the Ps3 flourish.

Kernel Kev
29-09-2007, 02:15 PM
I would buy the HD DVD drive if MGS4 came to the 360! still cheaper than buying a ps3 aswell.

Kev

Berserk_Fury
29-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I would buy the HD DVD drive if MGS4 came to the 360! still cheaper than buying a ps3 aswell.

Kev

The only problem you got there Kev is that the 360's HD-DVD drive cannot run games. It can only run movies. So you are kind off out of luck unless they release one that will run games, but that will have to cost at least $200 (as the first drive started off), and $350 + $200 = $550, which is more than a 60 GB PS3. It will also bring up more problems because then game makers will have to release games on multiple disk formats for one console just because not everyone will have the HD-DVD drive.

imported_Ryder
29-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Just to clear things up ABC, the DVD's the 360 uses can hold a little over 8GB, one misfortunate example would have to be what Epic had to do with Unreal Tournament 3. They reached the max on the DVD's and had to cut a few maps from the 360 version, I'm just glad these maps will still be present on the PS3 version. The 360 userbase doesn't have to worry though, these maps will be available for download off the marketplace (at a price I presume, as Microsoft has forced Epic into selling maps for Gears although Epic's intentions was to give it for free). I only see this as adding complication for the online community as not all 360 users will have the maps that come standard on the PS3 version...I also see this as just the beginning of watered down versions of multiplatform games for the 360...Microsoft forced the 360 out before having the time to make it the best it could have been (an HD-DVD drive standard and Hard Drive standard would have just been heavenly and less complicated for devs)...

ABC
29-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Just to clear things up ABC, the DVD's the 360 uses can hold a little over 8GB, one misfortunate example would have to be what Epic had to do with Unreal Tournament 3. They reached the max on the DVD's and had to cut a few maps from the 360 version, I'm just glad these maps will still be present on the PS3 version. The 360 userbase doesn't have to worry though, these maps will be available for download off the marketplace (at a price I presume, as Microsoft has forced Epic into selling maps for Gears although Epic's intentions was to give it for free). I only see this as adding complication for the online community as not all 360 users will have the maps that come standard on the PS3 version...I also see this as just the beginning of watered down versions of multiplatform games for the 360...Microsoft forced the 360 out before having the time to make it the best it could have been (an HD-DVD drive standard and Hard Drive standard would have just been heavenly and less complicated for devs)...

Yes, they are dual layered. My fault. Even so, as an audio engineer I can fill half of an 8gig disk with just sound! What the hell was M$ thinking? This just completely ties the hands of the developers as games become more and more complex. Hence the reason I will be making the switch to the Ps3 as it gains a stronger foothold on the industry as time goes by.

VAMP
29-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, I didn't post the pic as a way to start trashing Microsoft, they do a lot of things right and they do a lot of things wrong just like Sony. I just wanted you guys to have a little laugh.

ABC
29-09-2007, 06:11 PM
LoL Sorry about that dude. Kinda jacked your thread and turned it all serious. I love my 360 but it also gets pissed at the major mess ups and I need to vent sometimes.

bamhm182
29-09-2007, 09:27 PM
I love my 360 and like I said, the only thing wrong IMO about having multple disks would be in any free-roam type game... Especially if it has online capabilities, it'd be impossible...

Kernel Kev
29-09-2007, 09:46 PM
The only problem you got there Kev is that the 360's HD-DVD drive cannot run games. It can only run movies. So you are kind off out of luck unless they release one that will run games, but that will have to cost at least $200 (as the first drive started off), and $350 + $200 = $550, which is more than a 60 GB PS3. It will also bring up more problems because then game makers will have to release games on multiple disk formats for one console just because not everyone will have the HD-DVD drive.

Oh didnt know that, well i spose a newer drive then but what i mean about cheaper than getting a ps3 is, i already have the 360 so its either a $200 drive or a $550 ps3, make sense?

Kev

ABC
01-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Oh didnt know that, well i spose a newer drive then but what i mean about cheaper than getting a ps3 is, i already have the 360 so its either a $200 drive or a $550 ps3, make sense?

Kev

But unless you watch a lot of movies and own an HDTV, the HD drive for the 360 is useless. Gates already publicly said that the HD drive add-on will NEVER be used to run video games.

Kernel Kev
01-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Whatever... all im saying is that i would buy a new drive, even if microsoft made a bluray drive (they wont i know) then i would buy that addon rather than the PS3.

But im getting a ps3 some day anyways so either way i win :D

Kev

odhranus
02-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I think the HiDef drive should be used for games, all it will take is a software update to utilise it. Or go for the hardDrive option.

To tell the truth i dont think it matters all that much, you can fit a huge game on a 8gb DVD, it's just hi def movies and music that some devs want on their game that takes up the space.

Tom794
23-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Is MGS4 going to be on the 360??? I love the mgs gamessss Ocelot RULLESSSSSS

Kernel Kev
23-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Hehehe, never.

I do think they should trade though, bring MGS4 to 360 and Gears/halo to PS3.

Kev

VAMP
24-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Is MGS4 going to be on the 360??? I love the mgs gamessss Ocelot RULLESSSSSS

LOL, no this was a joke thread started by me. You need to see the picture in the original post, then (hopefully) you'll get it.

imported_Ryder
25-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Hehehe, never.

I do think they should trade though, bring MGS4 to 360 and Gears/halo to PS3.

Kev

Oh man that'd suck...

bamhm182
25-10-2007, 06:31 AM
Imagine there's no companies
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to think fanboyish for
And no console wars too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

:p I know, retarded, that song just popped into my head when I read the recent posts.

imported_Ryder
25-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I think the HiDef drive should be used for games, all it will take is a software update to utilise it. Or go for the hardDrive option.

To tell the truth i dont think it matters all that much, you can fit a huge game on a 8gb DVD, it's just hi def movies and music that some devs want on their game that takes up the space.

Well first off you can't make the HD-DVD drive read games, its like saying, "lets buy a cheapy CD-R drive and update it with a patch to read Bluray!" It's not possible...believe me I've looked at the facts online and it's not possible.... (insert frowning face thing here)

Oh and another thing,

Imagine yourself downloading a full episode of Family Guy and putting it on your new PSP Light, its a couple hundred megabits, and you are left with 25MB of space on your 1GB memory stick. You have an option to compress it to save you memory but you know that your going to your friends house and he has an HD-TV you can connect the PSP to and watch that episode on. If you compress it you will lose image and sound quality. It's a simple argument on quality vs quantity. I prefer quality and is another reason I love my PS3. Quality games.

Now before you go on about me bashing the 360, I'm not. So don't turn this post around. I was simply giving an example.

odhranus
26-10-2007, 03:32 PM
fair enough, some valid points there.
I thought playing games on the HD drive would be possible. Oh well.
To tell the truth I'm not that bothered about the differences between the two consoles, both do their job, they do their job well.

bamhm182
28-10-2007, 10:24 AM
You've got that backwards... Or somehow all screwed up. As far as I know, it goes something like CD>DVD>HD-DVD>Bluray. I'm 10000% sure that my DVD burner can burn/read both CDs and DVDs. So in all reality, the HD-DVD player, SHOULD be able to play games because they're written on Dual-layer DVDs.

Kernel Kev
28-10-2007, 11:04 AM
I would have thought it possible, its only a difference in the content thats on those things. Ryder, if you could explain in more detail rather than a far out example please.

Kev

monty91
30-11-2007, 11:45 PM
YES MGS4 FOR 360....... oh no its a joke a cruel cruel sick joke you should be ashamed of you self deaply ashamed

VAMP
01-12-2007, 12:04 PM
I am very, very ashamed. In fact I don't know how I sleep at night. lol

Kernel Kev
01-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Lol, go find a really deep ditch and lie in it vamp, i hate you lol.

Not really snuggle bum lol.

Kev

VAMP
02-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Haha, suggle bum. I love British sayings.

bamhm182
04-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Pip pip cheerio cup of tea free tibet. hehe, that is fun. :p