PDA

View Full Version : Gears of war 2 Confirmed

Monkey Business
20-02-2008, 10:16 PM
N4G.com : Gears 2 Announced. No In game Footage. (http://n4g.com/events_gdc2008/News-113627.aspx)

Gametrailers.com - Gears of War 2 - GDC 2008: Debut Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30798.html)

We all knew it was coming and yep its coming November. I loved the first one (I played it at my uncles) but was a bit on the short side. I will just have to play this on my uncle's 360 unless it magically appeared on the PS3.

Edit: Tech demo.Gametrailers.com - Unreal Engine III GDC 2008! by ArtofWar (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/179565.html)
Looks great

imported_Ryder
20-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Hmmm...I'm going to need to see in-game...this teaser was horrible!!!

Hopefully it will be able to contend with Resistance 2... :)

The Juggler
21-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Ryder... do me a BIG favour and stop pitting the 360 against the PS3... you never miss a beat to slag or have a pop at the 360... you know if you dislike the console so much and just cannot stop yourself with the pops just stay outta the 360 thread.

Monkey B... Gears 2 will be gi-huge... wonder if they will change the gameplay at all or just new maps storyline etc.

Des

Monkey Business
21-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Hopefully the gameplay won't change too much as I quite liked how it played, I loved the covering system. Also I hope this game will be a tad longer than the first.

Kernel Kev
21-02-2008, 08:15 PM
They will be adding new combat features at a guess.

Also the graphics will be improved on (not much to improve on really). Also, i believe they are fixing the host advantage in the multiplayer system.

I hope they keep the gameplay also, its a superb game. They should also allow you to be the beserkers etc online. That would be awesome.

Ryder, i must agree with des on this, we dont mind comparisons etc when related to, but little digs here and there are not favourable. I know how much you dislike microsoft, but if you could refrain from bringing the PS3 into the 360 section, that would be appreciated.

Kev
:cool:

imported_Ryder
21-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Look guys, I was simply stating that I wonder if it will compete with Resistance 2 as people around the internet were saying things like "This will compete with Resistance 2 for GOTY" and such. All I said was hopefully it will contend with Resistance 2. I did not say "Oh GeOW sucks, I hope it doen't suck as much as the first and maybe it will even be remotely comparable with Resistance 2." Please stop trying to get me for being anti Microsoft, and for the record, Gears is made by Epic. Epic is one hell of a dev and I loved Unreal Tournament 3. I said nothing about Microsoft or the 360 here, as I do plan to play this game when it's released for Windows. ;)

And besides, I haven't ripped on the 360 for a long time here. If I ever say anything about it, it's only facts. I could pop a "Unreal Tournament is going to be far inferior on the 360 as it will not support an open mod community, the PS3 will." and only be advising people who don't know about the mod thing on consoles. Then you could pull a "PS3 has no in-game music, nevermind in-game XMB, the 360 has had that since launch!" and nobody should get angry at you, as it is simply the truth. Showing a bias towards something shouldn't be considered a crime.

The Juggler
22-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Ryder... you just can't resist the pops can you.... Listen man from now on enough with ANY comparisons ok... as it is obvious that you just don't even realise that you are taking pot shots.
Your right... showing a bias towards something is not a crime... but taking a 'mines better than yours' approach and acting like a silly fanboy is annoying as hell and does not reflect kindly on thee.

The systems are different.... in your opinion your choice is better than some of ours.... good for you... but the way you keep taking pops at the 360 it does sound very much like envy.... yes yes we have heard it all before... you used to have one or borrowed one or used one lots round a friends house... so you have a good understanding of the 360... blah blah blah.

You don't see the rest of us lot acting like imature fanboys now do you??? 'oh mines better than yours' crap is sooooo damn tedious.

As for the "facts" as you put it, most of them originate from Sony Fanboy sites anyway.... and as OWNERS of the 360 I think we know any limitations our systems may have.

Tell you what... how about you STOP with anything todo with the 360 ok.... you obviously detest the 360 so stay away and do us ALL a favour.... you won't be p1ssing anyone off and that way you won't bug at least two ADMIN's.

The consols are different (shock horror)... get over it. Simple solutions are always the best I find.

Des

imported_Ryder
22-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Ok Des...I swear that I have no idea why your getting mad here. I haven't been saying anything bad here man, I'm trying to have a disscussion.

Your right... showing a bias towards something is not a crime... but taking a 'mines better than yours' approach and acting like a silly fanboy is annoying as hell and does not reflect kindly on thee.

I'm not taking that approach Des, I was just comparing the consoles best games, in a non-fanboy way.

and as OWNERS of the 360 I think we know any limitations our systems may have.

Yes I'm very sure you do, but if somebody looking to buy a game like Unreal Tournament 3, I'm just making sure they know what console offers what. I don't have any intention to pop a "Don't get the 360 version, it sucks because Mircosoft is stupid and didn't allow mods." so I didn't.

you obviously detest the 360

I don't, I swear I don't. I will admit that given the choice I will go with PS3 over 360, but I don't dislike it. Now lets be reasonable about this Des. I never took a pot shot at the 360 in this thread, and I don't see how you got that from me comparing two games on two different consoles.

VAMP
23-02-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm staying out of this one...

On topic, Gears 2 looks great, and in response to your comment, Ryder, about Gears 2 or Resistance 2 getting game of the year.

You don't have to worry about that, MGS4 already has that sealed up. ;)

bamhm182
23-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Gears 2 will be amazing for sure. I can't wait to get my hands on it. They said that Gears 1 was just a set-up and will be nowhere near as good as Gears 2 will be.

Resistance 2 will be good too.

Kernel Kev
23-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Then you could pull a "PS3 has no in-game music, nevermind in-game XMB, the 360 has had that since launch!" and nobody should get angry at you, as it is simply the truth.

Nobody is getting angry at you, we are simply asking that you lower your tone towards preffering the PS3 over 360. This is fine to do so, but i hear more digs at the 360 than i do compliments.

I dont want to argue about this so can you please take my words into consideration and move on from this.

Thanks.

Kev

imported_Ryder
23-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Ok, I'll just stop all of the negative 360 comments from here on out. Lets just get back on topic, and if it's possible, just delete all the posts I made in this thread aside from the first. I'll just edit that one. :)

bamhm182
25-02-2008, 07:14 AM
http://cad-comic.com/comics/20080225.jpg

imported_Ryder
26-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Haha! Nice one Bam...

bamhm182
26-02-2008, 01:39 AM
I know, CAD's awesome. :p

VeryThinPsp
26-02-2008, 03:02 AM
That is hilarious! :p

Constantine
12-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Has anyone seen the trailer for this?

It looks like it'll SUCK.

Constantine

VAMP
12-03-2008, 10:47 PM
LMAO You're kidding right???

imported_Ryder
13-03-2008, 12:11 AM
I here its actually in-game, what they showed I mean. Yes that red video was in-game as there was a reported frame rate drop around the middle of the video...weird...

Constantine
13-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Fenix says "blah blah blah blah I hate locusts" and he charges this locust while firing then he revs the chainsaw and throws the gun around and catches it upside down and kills the locust. It's all red with a black gradient. It was lame.

Constantine

The Juggler
13-03-2008, 02:56 PM
We shall wait and see what the ACTUAL game is like before we right the whole thing off as a 'suck' game eh :cool:

I have seen some trailers of games (and movies too) that look awesome only to discover that the real thing is garbage.... so I do not hold much credit to trailers and that is why the demo's on LIVE are just fantastic.... try before you buy.

Des

:rolleyes:

imported_Ryder
13-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Fenix says "blah blah blah blah I hate locusts" and he charges this locust while firing then he revs the chainsaw and throws the gun around and catches it upside down and kills the locust. It's all red with a black gradient. It was lame.

Constantine

Yeah I agree, it was lame. I can't wait to see the graphics. I wonder by how much of a margin they'll out due Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3...hope its by a lot...Epic is like the only dev that makes the Unreal Engine look amazing...

VAMP
16-03-2008, 03:19 AM
True. Although Bioshock looked pretty amazing, that was an UE 3 game right?

Also, I agree that demos are wonderful so you can try before you buy. I wish every game had them.

imported_Ryder
18-03-2008, 03:08 AM
Yeah I was thinking about that when I posted that last message, I have to say, 2k Boston did great...but the Unreal Engine is getting old real fast...too fast imo...GeOW2 is all Epic basicly has right now...if they **** up with this one and not impress as much as people want it to (graphics wise) then I don't know where Epic will be headed...

Monkey Business
10-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Gametrailers.com - Gears of War 2 - Debut Gameplay (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33781.html)

imported_Ryder
11-05-2008, 03:49 AM
Gametrailers.com - Gears of War 2 - Debut Gameplay (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33781.html)

It might be me....but I am not impressed at all...100's of Loctus on screen!!! Yeah...just running in one direction...completely oblivious to Fenix and his gun fire...and the graphics...wtf? Looks like GeOW...will it have HDR lighting?

Kernel Kev
11-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Now are people going to start realising that GoW2 is going to be a disappointment.

I knew it from the start, dont get me wrong it will be an awesome game... but GoW is already an awesome game and the graphics are pushing the 360 already, so although improvement can still be made, they still have to keep in mind the capabilities of the 360 hardware, even though they may have learnt some new programming wizardry.

So my all-in-all is the game will be superb, however will be considered a let down because of the excessive expectations caused by its older brother.

Kev

The Juggler
11-05-2008, 04:57 PM
What Kev said :cool:

imported_Ryder
11-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I respect you guys for being mature about it. Maybe I'm just hanging around too many fanboys nowadays. Anyway, it'll still sell millions.

The Juggler
12-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Maybe I'm just hanging around too many fanboys nowadays.

Yes you are and it shows... well always has done really :D

VAMP
16-05-2008, 05:18 AM
Even Cliff Blezinsky (sp?) - I won't call him that other name he likes because it's just dumb- basically says it's just gonna be more of the same, only more "badass", whatever that means. lol

Monkey Business
16-05-2008, 04:24 PM
"Bigger, better and more badass than the first one"

The Juggler
16-05-2008, 05:21 PM
You know if it was the same just with different maps and a story I would ADORE it.... so any improvement would be GREAT for me and a BONUS too.

Des

The Juggler
17-05-2008, 03:05 PM
Just seen the latest trailer on LIVE.... Felix and his buddies are on some sort of platformed vehicle and are fighting Locusts as they move... VERY similiar to the train level on GOW... Big nasty Locust the size of a building armed with cannons looks kinda fun... and using a wounded locust as a shield is kinda cool too.
If this is the best the new game can offer then I will be more than happy... it looks great.. graphically and hectically (not sure that is a word hahahahaha). No framerate slow down no jaggies just pure GORGEOUS.

Is Gears not out on the PS3???? I thought it was.... still that explains some of the down comments the ps3 owners have been making (green eyed monster eh) ;)

I for one am looking forward to next November.

Des

Monkey Business
17-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Am getting a 360 for this and Fable 2.

imported_Ryder
20-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Am getting a 360 for this and Fable 2.

Last year I was too, but it'll be..."cheaper" on my computer...and it'll look better. :)

odhranus
23-05-2008, 01:34 PM
lol, i still haven't played through the 1st one yet, might do in a few years time

imported_Ryder
23-05-2008, 03:26 PM
lol, i still haven't played through the 1st one yet, might do in a few years time

What Fable? You must play that game!