PDA

View Full Version : Bad Company

The Juggler
28-08-2008, 12:55 AM
Ok played the demo and thought hmmmmm its ok... watched a review last night on tv and they ranted about it... so now I have it.

Ok it is not a serious modern warefare game like COD4 so don't compare ok.. it is more a tongue in cheek type game with good one liners from your team buds.. and antics too.

The controls are well thought out and useable.
The sound is great... shooting a machine gun inside a building is just awesome.
Driving trucks and amoured acrs is great fun and your team mates look after the mounted 50cal but you can swap seats and have a blast too... but the ai do not drive so the vehicle stops.
The graphics are good too with a very satisfying plum of dirt when you rake the ground with heavy machine gun fire.

I am playing on Hard level and the ai seems ok but have only just started playing so I will hold off my judgement on how stupid or smart they actually are.

So far I have driven trucks and armoured carriers... I know that at some pont I will be driving helecoptors and tanks too... think I could have had a helecopter but was too slow getting to it.

Blowing things up is SPECTACULAR indeed.... most things can be blown up and shot to pieces.... but not everything.... I devestated a small farm... blew the crap outta everything... one big KABOOM.... except a wood and wire chicken coup that just refused to even splinter hahahahahahaha oh oh the trees can be cut down with bullets and explosions too.

The guns are cool and collecting ammo is just way too easy with ammo boxes in most hot spots.... you can also look and find collectables.... these are better weapons etc... these look cool.... you also get a power wrench at the start which you can use to repair vehicles..... this is a bit cheesey but as I said at the beginning this not a serious warfare game.

The sandbox game side of this is limited... at times the map paremeters are very visable funnelleing you in a certain direction.... don't get me wrong you can still roam here and there to achieve your objective but not as sand box as one would like.
But it is big enough that this is replayable... I have redone a mission twice and both times it was different... first time I stood back and used the 50cal mounted on a Russian amoured carrier to rape the Russians in their base and the next time round I stealthed in as close as possible and shot the **** outta them... even knifed you poor Ruskie peering outta a window... sweet.

So all in all after a little game time I can saftley say that I do love this game to bits.... ask me again in a few weeks and the answer might be different hehehehehe

I am SO looking forward to multiplayer it is unreal..... so come on guys get a wiggle on and get this game.... I know Kev is getting it later today so will be giving him so stick multiplayer.... anyone else wanna play????

Des

:cool:

The Juggler
28-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Just played it straight for 20 hours... what a great game... it has flaws but all in all it's brilliant. The graphics are stunning in places... you like come over a brow of a hill to be presented with mountains and lakes and forrests...my missus walked in while I was playing it and said WOW.... the scenery is great.

Am having a blast with the game.... I love blowing things up.... and flying the Russian Hind attack chopper about was a blast.

OK I have some chores to do then shower and bed for me.

Des

Kernel Kev
29-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Good game. Des has pretty much nailed the review so il add my two pence.

===PROS===

Great graphics
Great explosionability *might not be a word but il throw it out there anyways)
nice weapons and choice of vehicles
Funny team mates (what would win? a russian tank or a T-REX cracked me up).
===CONS===

Enemies seem hard to spot
loose life too quickly considering the healing process is some what a pain in the arse.
control sensitivity default WAY too high, had to turn mine down 5 notches to have it siimilar to COD4 lol
Yeah so good game, Desmond... i should be able to play 2moz, if you see me playing crash bandicoot or sonic, its not me, its charlotte but il get on some time.

Kev

bamhm182
29-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Sounds pretty good, I'll have to check it out sometime. I played the demo and wasn't too taken by it, but it didn't seem too bad either.

Charlottes got good taste in games. :p I know some girls have HORRIBLE tastes in games, ie. Dance Dance Revolution.

Monkey Business
29-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Is Ratchet and clank a good choice for girls?

The Juggler
29-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Competed the single player mission in 22.5 hour... apart from an hour break this was a one sitting game,

Muliplayer is great fun with no lag at all. The ingame mics don.t seem to work well though.

Kev...oops me bad... Tracy is correct about the dying bit... you gotta play this game on hard and death comes easy... only two real nasty hard bits in the game and they are..... achievable with some thought.

So to sum up..... this is a great game... it has flaws but dont they all.... well worth the asking price.

Des

Kernel Kev
29-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Also, i would like to say Des that iim guessing on Hard there are more ammo crates maybe because i seem to run low on ammo alot. And that you can only carry one gun is kinda annoying. I know you have rocket launchers aswell but still.

And the enemys seem to have superb accuracy which is annoying too lol

Kev

imported_Ryder
29-08-2008, 07:50 PM
A 22.5 hour game in one sitting Des!? You sat there for 21.5 hours straight!?

The Juggler
29-08-2008, 07:59 PM
No me old mate... one 20 hour sitting then a break for an hour to make some calls and then a further 2.5 hours.

Kev.... the game is easy enough without lots of guns... you always have a pistol too. The Russian motar placement is awesome and the Yank guided bomd drop was cool too. Some levels have ammo crates everywhere while others seemed scarce.

Des

imported_Ryder
29-08-2008, 09:27 PM
No me old mate... one 20 hour sitting then a break for an hour to make some calls and then a further 2.5 hours.

Oh ok that makes it better. ;)

samestory98
30-08-2008, 01:14 AM
i beat it in one sitting too, but it was like 5-7 hours. and it was in like july, where couldnt sleep if i went to bed earlier, so it just took the place of doing something else.

anyways, i like the game, but i would play it more if the horizontal aiming wasnt so... sensitive. wtf?

The Juggler
30-08-2008, 09:24 AM
What!!!! 5-7 hours!!!! what did you play it on easy and not bother looking for the collectables????

Was it out in July????

Monkey Business
30-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah it was released in June.

Kernel Kev
30-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Pistol!???!!!!?!?!?!?!!?

How the bugger do you get a pistol?

Ahhh man these are the drawbacks of my games not coming with manuals LOL

Kev

The Juggler
31-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Sure you have sussed it now Kev but right shoulder button.

Des

Kernel Kev
31-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Nope, right shoulder button switches from machine gun to n00b tube. Or grenades if i have the shotgun.

Kev

The Juggler
31-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Depending on your weapon depends on what you carry in your right hand... sniper rifle you get a pistol.

High Roller
31-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Depending on your weapon depends on what you carry in your right hand... sniper rifle you get a pistol.

I have a filthy mind :rolleyes:

yakuza24
01-09-2008, 12:27 AM
one 20 hour sitting then a break for an hour to make some calls and then a further 2.5 hours

dude!?:o
you have special powers:p

Kernel Kev
01-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Amd where does one find a sniper riffle?

I swear we playing two different games lol

Kev

DeucesWild
01-09-2008, 02:54 AM
dude, they're everywhere, mostly in high towers though, ive come to find

imported_Ryder
01-09-2008, 04:01 AM
Amd where does one find a sniper riffle?

I swear we playing two different games lol

Kev

Are you sure you "got" the correct region game? :P

The Juggler
01-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Are you sure you "got" the correct region game? :P

er Ryder Region???? its a game mate... from region to region titles change... germans become Japs arabs become US forces... the game is the game.

Kev... are you looking for collectables??? have you found any???

Honest fella they are about.... wait to you play on-line and then you will wish that had not been invented.

Des

Kernel Kev
02-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I go in like most buildings i must admit i havent been in the tall water tower things though, maybe il take a look in there... i found the shoutgun and some gold...

Kev

The Juggler
02-09-2008, 05:17 PM
On your map Kev... look for small white crosses.