PDA

View Full Version : Merc 2

The Juggler
05-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Just got this game today.... I am so excited about the recent batch of games... all of them seem to be these sand box type of game and all seem to have exploding worlds.... this little game is no exception.

The graphics are ok... nothing to right home about... the story line is ok.... but blowing up **** is awesome.... EVERYTHING can go boom.... and you can ride, drive, fly anything you can find. cars, bikes, lorries (trucks), clunkers, sports bikes, gunship boats, canoes, choppers, tanks, jeeps, armoured cars.... and I have only bee playing it for an hour or so.

It is more tongue in cheek than Bad company and has some mighty fine glitches... shooting is crap and well it is not a polished or even perhaps finished game.... but blowing **** up is awesome. Not sure how long I will find that fun and not boring but at the moment the game play is great and did I mention you can blow things up??? Oh and the controls are not too fun either.

Des

:cool:

bamhm182
05-09-2008, 02:26 PM
That game does look awesome, I'll probably get it eventually. I had the song from the commercial as my ringtone for a bit. :p

Kernel Kev
05-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Il get it for cheap and have a play.

Kev

The Juggler
05-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Il get it for cheap and have a play.

Kev

;) lets hope come November upgrades you are still smiling my mate.

imported_Ryder
05-09-2008, 07:29 PM
;) lets hope come November upgrades you are still smiling my mate.

Haha yeah Kev, enjoy LIVE while you can. The new update looks to be the biggest so I bet you'll be in a bad situation.

bamhm182
06-09-2008, 12:24 AM
What? Also, the 360 updates REALLY quickly, unlike the PS3 that takes an hour or 2 to download, so it shouldn't take too long, I'm guessing that with an update that big, 30 mins at the VERY most.

imported_Ryder
06-09-2008, 02:26 AM
The PS3 formats the flash every time it installs an update, while the 360 patches the installed firmware. I prefere Microsofts matter of handling this.

Kernel Kev
06-09-2008, 05:22 AM
psssh lads you havent worked me out have you.

Im not updating hahahaha, i will refuse update, get disconnected until i update and keep an eye on the 360 forums for any bans occuring, then if so wait for a new firmware and bish bosh, if no bans then its update time.

I got it covered!

Kev

imported_Ryder
06-09-2008, 06:24 AM
So when the Fall update comes out you will disconnect your 360 and wait for people saying it still works or people are getting banned? If so, you'll wait untill your mod chip gets an update to not get banned so you can once again get on LIVE?

The Juggler
06-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Best of luck to you Kev... hope it all works out.

Des

Kernel Kev
06-09-2008, 03:18 PM
So when the Fall update comes out you will disconnect your 360 and wait for people saying it still works or people are getting banned? If so, you'll wait untill your mod chip gets an update to not get banned so you can once again get on LIVE?

EXACTLY! Except its a sooftmod, no modchip. Just need firmware update.

Kev

bamhm182
06-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I think I'd probably just unmod my 360 for a bit, than remod it if everyone says the coast is clear. But that's just me.

imported_Ryder
06-09-2008, 07:22 PM
EXACTLY! Except its a sooftmod, no modchip. Just need firmware update.

Kev

Wow, softmod? That makes it even better!

Kernel Kev
07-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Indeed, good ol microsoft eh Ryder?... ;)

Kev

imported_Ryder
07-09-2008, 11:17 PM
On topic...I love this game, explosions are beautiful!

The Juggler
09-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Just had a mission where I had sink a few super tankers... man do they do KABOOM or what.... this game is FULL of glitches but all is forgiven as it is so addictive.... I discovered that you get $5k for every billboard you blow up at the side of the road... spent a blissful 45mins killing lots of defencless bill boards hahahahahahahahahaha

Des

imported_Ryder
09-09-2008, 10:57 PM
I hear the billboards are advertisments for real life. EA is getting you to look at the adverts by blowing them up. Cheap basta*ds.

Kernel Kev
09-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Adds revenue into the gaming industry. I think its a very good idea, even freeloaders like me cant escape.

Kev

imported_Ryder
09-09-2008, 11:22 PM
even freeloaders like me cant escape.

Haha yup. As long as there isn't a bright colorful happy meal advertisement in Dead Space's scary atmosphere, I'm good.

Kernel Kev
10-09-2008, 05:11 PM
You know that would be pretty funny, touring space at 17,000mph bashing into some dude floating around with a Big Mac in his hand.

Kev

bamhm182
11-09-2008, 06:04 AM
lol, you didn't hear about the gloomy freecreditreport.com background music already being in Dead Space Ryder? God those songs are annoying.

imported_Ryder
11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
lol, you didn't hear about the gloomy freecreditreport.com background music already being in Dead Space Ryder? God those songs are annoying.

You must be kidding.

imported_cwscwscws
13-09-2008, 01:43 PM
I cant wait to get Mercenaries 2!!!

Kernel Kev
13-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I played it for a bit now, its ok, not what i was expecting though tbh.

Kev

The Juggler
15-09-2008, 05:15 AM
As I said full of glitches just so addictive.... have discovered that every helicopter has a winch so you can pick things up.... fuel tankers and drop them on things... KAABOOOM... you can pick up vehicles to and drop them on ****... picked up a maned boad and dropped in in a swimming pool... thought I was going to pee myself laughing...

Have some $38million bucks and tons and tons of ordanence to play with... have had the Allies an Chinese about for the past few days but have not met with these factions yet.

I have a heli which they call an Anoconda but she looks like a Russian Hind... my god does this this fly like a pig but it makes up wih it with AWESOME fire power... little bit delicate to land as it has a tendancy to go bang if it is too hard a landing... so picking up cash piles on top of mountains is a trifle trick as she has a habit of sliding off slopes while the smaller aircraft just sit still.

Had a Stealth fighter/bomber buzz me the other day... I want one of those to play with.

As I say it is very buggy but just so much fun...death and destruction abounds.... I had to destroy an oil rig... so stood on the heli pad and called in a artillary strike and then as the rig blow up I rode the heli pad (surf-board style) down into the sea... awesome... and as for destroying the castle.... I do love this game.... the story is not so hot but enough to keep you interested... gotta see if i can winch a person with one of my helis as well... hahahahaha that would be awesome.

Online co-op is just great too.

Des

imported_Ryder
15-09-2008, 05:22 AM
I agree with everything you just said Des, but what I love about this game is that it's a game. Meant to be fun. And boy is this game fun as hell! Haven't gotten as far as you yet but I am loving the destruction and mayhem to the last explosion!

psplayer
15-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Yeah. I was gonna post yesterday but forgot.

DES IS OBSESSED WITH MERCENARIES 2. I TALKED TO HIM ON MSN YESTERDAY AND ALL HE DID WAS GO ON ABOUT MERC 2.

hehehe

The Juggler
15-09-2008, 05:09 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing ;)

50+ million fighting Chinese with an Apache gunship.... shanty town is full of building detail not seen in this game before... allyways and sneaky passageways... OMG I now have a 50cal sniper rifle.... not so many rounds as the norml sniper rifle but who cares :cool:

Des

Kernel Kev
15-09-2008, 05:43 PM
With a bullet the size of baseball bat who needs big rounds?...

Kev

The Juggler
15-09-2008, 11:17 PM
The size if the round is only half of it... the power or punch is what makes all the difference.

Kernel Kev
16-09-2008, 12:52 AM
True. I am yet to fly a helicopter, damn things keep blowing up on me LOL.

Kev