PDA

View Full Version : COD 5 World at War

The Juggler
15-10-2008, 05:00 AM
I am among the many thousands chosen to beta test the online side of this game. Having played it for a while I thought I would just pop in and tell you about it.

OK remember COD 4 with all of the challenges and perks to get awarded... well it's the same just in WWII... guns are from that era too but one perk is to have a red dot site.... on a tommy gun or an MP for gads sake hehehehehehehehehe

The graphics are awesome and well thought out (we are only playing on 3 maps so far) with no real advantage being given on any particular part of the map.

Oh they have attack dogs... horrible things... you rake up 7 kills in a row and instead of the attack helicopter you could call in on COD4 on this one its a pack of hungry attack dogs.. there low and fast so shooting them is essential otherwise they drag you down and kill you... you can stab them with your mêlée option and this works a treat but normally takes two stabs and by that time one of the other dogs in th pack has ran around behind you and pulled you down.... I hate the dogs... I hear barking and run for cover or into the sea (one map is a hutted fishing village by the ocean) and I have never seen ocean like it... complete with waves.

The sound is great with auto comments from each side to keep you smiling but not annoyed at the amount of them.

DOWN SIDE... the lag is dreadful... with a few timeouts happening all over the place. Fingers crossed that these are just beta bugs and nothing more.

Oh and the reason I am a beta tester is because I have registered all of my COD games in the past and belong to the COD HQ forum... I believe this is just a random selection process so my smug grin is a little tempered.

Anything else comes up I will let you all know.

Des

:cool:

Monkey Business
15-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Loving the dogs idea!

Just realized Des that you put the title as "COD 4 World At War".

Kernel Kev
15-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Sounds ok

Cover system?... or traditional COD style?

Kev

Monkey Business
15-10-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't think there is a cover system.

There was a glitch today on the COD Wow website and they were just giving out beta cods for fun but you had to sign up and that was taking ages so I gave up.

psplayer
15-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Sounds cool.

When the full game out?

Monkey Business
15-10-2008, 05:33 PM
America 11th November
Europe 14th November

The Juggler
15-10-2008, 05:38 PM
It is COD 4 World at War not COD 5.....

Basically it is COD 4 Modern warfare but set in WWII.

It's release date is next month (November).

Des

Monkey Business
15-10-2008, 05:59 PM
It runs on the same engine but that doesn't make it COD4.

Kernel Kev
15-10-2008, 06:27 PM
According to www.callofduty.com its simply called Call of Duty: World at war

Kev

Monkey Business
15-10-2008, 06:39 PM
If Call of Duty 6 has already been confirmed then this is COD5.

Anyways yeah that was the site that was giving away beta codes for fun.

The Juggler
15-10-2008, 11:34 PM
I got my code via an email COD HQ VIP Members sent me.... hey Kev you got your 360 working yet???? if so I can email you the code if you would like.

Not sure if this code is just for me or a general one and me giving it out will cause it to die... :confused:

Des

Monkey Business
16-10-2008, 01:36 AM
I think once you've entered the code on your 360 that's it.

I doubt that you can just give your code to somebody else and they can play it.

Monkey Business
26-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Gametrailers.com - Call of Duty: World at War - Exclusive Nazi Zombie Gameplay (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42004.html)

Online Nazi zombie mode looks great!

psplayer
26-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah. I will be picking this up but not necessarily on launch lol... (Not enough money ;))

The Juggler
27-10-2008, 12:10 AM
Zombie mode looks fun.... Do hope they sort out the glitches before release though... multiplayer maps have some major glitch area's and that ruins the game.

Des

Kernel Kev
27-10-2008, 03:38 AM
WOAH! COOL.

Il defo be getting this game HEHEHEHE

Kev

The Juggler
27-10-2008, 06:31 PM
The company has already started sorted out some glitches in the three maps they have 'opened'.

The Round train map is the worst with people going under the map. but most people dont like the glitches so are more than happy to frag a team member seen trying to glitch.

The airstrikes are not so effective but the dogs are awesome.... when your team releases the hounds... follow them for easy kills.... guys concentrate on the dogs and are looking down so you run behind the dogs and pick off the blokes being chased by dogs... plus it is very funny watching geezers panic when a pack of dogs is after them and the dogs take down a geezer.

The bouncing Betty mines are a real pain... and in my opinion detract from the game... sort of ruins the flow of the game.

Big assortment of weapons.... some good others you need time to get used to them.

I am really looking forward to this game.

Des

Kernel Kev
10-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Ok i have played the first mission of this game and as i expected lol its cod4 in the olden days. Nothing new as of yet, just old guns. COD4 was such a good game though that i hope this can improve on it, though i doubt it will in all honesty. Was worth the download though.

Kev

mikesta99
10-11-2008, 03:20 AM
I am not going to get COD5, it would be a waste of mullah since I have COD4

imported_Ryder
10-11-2008, 05:05 AM
Just got the game, will post impressions later.

paultak01
29-04-2009, 11:16 PM
"Sum of All Zeros" achievement/trophy is so hard to get! That's the hard thing that's keeping me from getting the platinum.

The Juggler
06-06-2009, 02:49 AM
So the long awaited (well by me anyway) map pack #2 is due this month (June) a mere few months after the first one. At $10 a through these map packs are great value for money and with over 1 million downloads are a great money maker for Activision.

Numerous sites have video of the maps in play and there is talk of a Japanese zombie multiplayer level too.

Can't wait.

Des

weezer
06-06-2009, 12:46 PM
and there is talk of a Japanese zombie multiplayer level too.

Ooooooooh :D

Monkey Business
10-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Call Of Duty: World At War Video Game, Exclusive Shi No Numa DLC Trailer HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-shi-call-of/51310)

Trailer for the next DLC. MORE ZOMBIES!

mikesta99
10-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Ooooooooh :D

hehe, asian.... lol

The Juggler
10-06-2009, 09:37 PM
ZOMBIE HOUNDS... deep joy

weezer
10-06-2009, 10:35 PM
hehe, asian.... lol

Good one... Canadian. What!? That's right. Psh.....

The Juggler
11-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Map pack is now available for 360 owners to download.... I am guessing the same can be said for the ps3 and PC too.

psplayer
11-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Map pack is now available for 360 owners to download.... I am guessing the same can be said for the ps3 and PC too.

Yup, up on the store today.

The Juggler
12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
The new Zombie level is great... and zombie hell hounds on fire that explode too... or as we say when were running about screaming in terror Puppies wity attitude or REAL hot dogs.

The new maps look great with two of them being BIG sniper places. Great map pack indeed. Actually a great game, was up until very late playing the game with some mates too.

mikesta99
13-06-2009, 02:56 AM
Whats the map cost? In points of course

If someone posted it then my bad because Im a lazy ass

The Juggler
13-06-2009, 03:15 AM
800 Ms points

mikesta99
13-06-2009, 03:32 AM
I had enough.... But my bro spent it on what he thought was the other zombie map but was something random... Moron

Surprise_Spruker
13-06-2009, 03:36 AM
I have COD World at War on Wii and i agree.. i hate those bloody dogs and the lag is the worst but im lvl 24 so far and still goin online and i love it!

its a good game...