PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space

The Juggler
16-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Just got this game.... reminds me lots of the Doom series.... inside a space ship with nasty\ies all over the place.... lights going off and creepy noises... shadows and things everywhere.... this is one creepy game....

Storyline without any spoilers... you are a part of a space rescue/maintenance crew sent to do some rpairs on the biggest planet mining ship... your interest is that there is a woman onboard the ship that you used to know... when your ship arrives you discover that the crew of the mining ship have all sort of vanished... or have they... now you off on a quest to discover the truth and to repair the ship.

The beasts are HUGE and small too... you have a small assortment of weapons you can upgrade by finding stuff... killing the 'enemy' has a knack that you must master quickly otherwise you soon become DEAD... in a most gruesome manner... watch my head being ripped off once... quite disturbing.

Ok graphically AWESOME... the lighting is fantastic... shadows all over the place... one section you turn into a coridor with your shadow infront of you (meaning the light source behind) another shadown appears and quickly slips away... you turn waepons ready and NOTHING.... not a friggin thing... monster gone... turn back to youe quest and turn a corner and BLAM... big evil frig off mother of a creeping monster wanting to eat your head for a light snack... I can safetly say that this game is freaking me out as much as Doom 3 did back on the PC.

Sound is fantastic... very atmospheric and really helps put you on edge. oh and when the fire fights start... all hell breaks loose and the volume goes through the roof... this combined with the weapon flashes really does get the old adrenalin pumping.

Storyline is as good as these get when you consider it is just another large space ship overrun by bad things.

Gameplay... a little bit linier perhaps... your path seems to be set for you... this door is unlocked so go this way... this one is locked so you can't open it until you do this and this through that open door. But apart from that it is cool. You have a heads up display that shows a map and inventory and stuff... you collect credits scattered about the game and use them in a store to buy stuff... now remember this is a mining ship so the **** in the store is geared towards that... which don't mean that the weapons are not cool... you also collect power modules which you can use at special work benches... here you can mod up your weapons and suit... makng you harder to kill or making it easier for you to kill the beasties... you have to manage this option well as these power modules are quite scarse... saves are performed by using wall mounted terminals in the shape of a camera.

Now I have only been playing for a coupl of hours and yet to experience this zero gravity the mags have all been going on about... so more goodies to come I guess.

So if you liked the Doom Series... if you like being a little scared... if you like an adrenalin rush... go get this game... just do it.

Des

:cool:

High Roller
16-10-2008, 09:23 AM
I love your reviews :D ill have to look into whether its available on the PC. It sounds good

Monkey Business
16-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Me too, I love your reviews.

Doesn't really interest me this game.

zawmbee
16-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Yeah, i got this game too, well my brother did, it's a good game, cut scenes are hectic...only thing that puzzles me it's the fact that it's classified as a horror game..it honestly wasn't all that scary, compared to alot of the other scary 360 games :<
Still a good game.

The Juggler
16-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Being scared is a state of mind..... if you get 'into' a game and the state of mind then anything is scary.... this game is great for being scary.... wait until the little swarms of nasties come along.

Watching your character die in a gruesome manner is kinda disturbing too.... not like the rest where you slump down or screen goes red... you actually see the nasties rip your limbs off and start eating.

Des

bamhm182
19-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Nice review, I hear this game's AWESOME from one of my other friends that got it. I might have to check it out eventually.

The Juggler
22-10-2008, 02:39 PM
OK... update.... the game is some 12 chapters long... some are short some are long.... I am in the 16+ hour stage... well actually it's more than that but the actual game timer is stating this because it does not take into account the number of times you do and go back to redo this or that. So we are looking at a 20 hour game set of HARD level.

Now I am not a scardy cat by no means and watch horror gore and play scary games too but this one just got to me.
I can safely say that this IS the scariest game I have EVER played... It had me jumping and cursing the screen and generally scaring myself sh1tless. Every opportunity to make you jump the development crew have taken.... some are obvious and some I had no idea what was coming.... the suspense the tension the Adrenalin the atmosphere all are geared for you to jump outta your wits. Things go BOO, shadows move about, you just see small glimpses of things as you turn. This is one scary game.
Every time you die you get to watch how you die in bloody detail. Some death sequences are just evil.... and LOTS of different ones too. Most consist of you being dissected by some evil creature, or eaten, or squished, or...... you get the picture.... but by far the worst has to be a nasty that is just a head that scurries around (like John Carpenters The Thing) well you end up fighting lots of these headies and eventually one is gonna get you and you will loose the struggle to pull him off........

SPOILER ALERT...... don't read this if you don't want to know what happens... no plot or game giveaway just a death sequence spoiler..... so don't read the next paragraph unless you want to know what happens.

Ok... so this header attacks and gets up onto your head and wraps one of its tentacle things around your neck.... you pound the A button in an attempt to wrestle it free... this action works at times and you are rewarded with a cinematic of you killing the evil headie with your bare hands.... but if you don't it tightens it's grip around your throat and you start to choke then it decapitates you and your head rolls down over your chest to the floor with a thud.... but now the heady sends it's tentacle things deep into your neck socket and after a few twitches you body is calm and your arm (still full of your warm blood your heart pumped into it mere moments before) reaches up and lifts the grotesque head of the heady into the position where your head once was... so now the heady has a body... YOURS.... trust me my words do not do the scene any justice at all.

OK... I am now on the last chapter and with the last big bad boss.... and yes it is hard to kill... actually this game is hard full stop.... at times not enough ammo or health can make a very frustrating game indeed. Until you work out which weapon is right for particular beasties you will spend lots of time hearing that evil CLICK and your ammo runs out.
Each weapon, and even your suit can be upgraded. This is done via the stores that are located about the ship... but think about what your upgrading and how that will effect your game play.... pointless upgrading your suit if your guns don't do enough damage. You have to juggle your resources to survive.... keep a good history of saves on the go to aid this endeavor.

This last big boss is a beggar and trying to defeat him is causing me grief so I am walking away from it for a few hours.... this session has lasted some 12 hours and has seen me from chapter 8 to 12.

The story line is so Quake and Doom it is unreal but it is a good story and following the story really does get you into the game too... at the end I was unsure who or what I trusted.... but did guess one of the twists.

You have telekinetic powers via your suit and this is great for moving things and using items as a weapon... for instance... use your ability to pick up tables and chairs and then launch them at the fiends running down a corridor to wards you.... tell you what use body parts as projectiles too.

Can't remember if I mentioned how to kill the beasties in my initial posting.... this is not a mindless frag feast where you just empty clip after clip into the mass of bodies.... that method will get you a CLICK and death very quickly.... no you have to use a technique called Strategic Disembodyment... basically you have to shoot off the creatures limbs before it will die.... one of your weapons is a laser ribbon gun that fires a ribbon of pure enegy... and the end of this weapon rotates to give you a vertical and horizontal shooting axis.... so a beasty is loll oping down a corridor at you.... cut it's legs off with the ribbon gun... this just slows it down.... so now its crawling to wards you so remove its arms... the finally stomp on its head (ala Gears) or shoot it in the head..... oh and before you say why not just shoot it in the head.... it's a minster.... no head means it will just swing at anything.... useful if you have a group of nasties and you manage to remove a centerer ones head.. it will do damage to its mates.
Another feature your suit gives you is time freeze... yep you can slow time down in a small circle.... so a beasty jumps and you freeze him in time... you step Uta the way and take your time to dissect his limbs before he hits the ground... AWESOME.

Flying about in anti-gravity is a hoot... watching body parts spin in this environment is awesome... the severed arteries act as small just thrusters spinning the body parts about and leaving this red vapor trail behind it... brill.

So to sum up...

The story is good, the graphics are fantastic, the sound is intense, the music is spot on, the gameplay is great, the enemy is spectacular, your death scenes are just gross.

All in all this is an AWESOME game.... no multiplayer so bear that in mind.... i rate this as one of the best games I have EVER played... and that's in over 25 years of gaming.

If you like space Horror FPS then this has got to be on your list of must play games.

Now once I have had a sleep I will take on the final boss bad guy.... or maybe i will just give it one more go now.......

Des

Kernel Kev
22-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Ahhhh man now you made me have to go download this game.

Des your a bad boy LOL

BTW you ever considered being a games reviewer. I would actually buy the magazines with your reviews in.

Kev

High Roller
22-10-2008, 05:50 PM
What he said :rolleyes:

The Juggler
22-10-2008, 06:36 PM
have done reviews for Evening News in Portsmouth.... glad you liked the review.

Des

Kernel Kev
26-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Been playing this for about an hour. Des i can see what you mean by scary, the shadow are like, oooooh. Then i go round the corner and there is a body on the floor so im like ok thats dead, then BAM it gets up and swings around like a mad thing. So i punch it and knock it back then use my slow down time blue light thingy majig and take careful aim at those juicy legs LOL

One question Des, are these monster the old crew but mutated? Or are they just monsters in clothes?

Kev

The Juggler
27-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Kev..... they are the mutated crew same as Quake and doom.... there is a Dead Space cartoon movie doing the torrent circuit... you should get it it will really fill you on on what happened BEFORE you arrive on the craft

Awsome game mate... the blue stasis is VERY important.... dont waste them or your rounds..... stop as much as possible.... on hard level some levels are void of ammo.... you have to run around like a maniac bashing and running bashing and running... also freeze and dump bodies in doors wahahahahaha use your telekenetic powers and launch stuff as weapons especially severed limbs that have spikes on the ends.

Des

Kernel Kev
27-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Cool, will do. Also not too sure i understand the whole weapon upgrade thing with the maze/dot-to-dot thingy going on. Should i create lines by following the paths or just choose any of the flatform thingys? Im guessing you know what i mean.

Kev

The Juggler
27-10-2008, 06:23 PM
The maze like things are schematics (yeah I know) you are can only plug in power nodes next to a previous one... so plan your usage route accordingly... weapons with more power and capacity are priority then reload speed.... stasis and oxygene are vital too.

If you can keep a couple of power nodes in reserve... you will find store rooms full of goodies but only if you use a power node to open the door.. oh the telekenetic powers can also be upgraded with about thre nodes... do it then you have better range and power with your powers... practice killing things with tables and chairs and body parts.

hunt for things to sell in the stores too.... circuit boards etc... the ruby one is really good for bosting your funds.... also any ammo you collect for weapons you dont have you can sell.

The weapons I have are the basic plasma gun (with rotating end you know whay I mean... this is at pul power now)... the plasma rifle (also at full power like a machine gun... awesome for the crawling babies) the flamethrower (great all round back up weapon and good for them small nasties)... and the best is the pusher (beef this up and enjoy.... freeze monsters and then blast them with the pusher... if pushes them backwards and at times rips them to pieces.. the alt kill on this is a grenade tpe thing.... only easy way to kill wall hatching thngs.. mixture of ribon plasma gun to cut tenticles from eggs and then the pusher boom to kill of the wall things).

Melee attacks and stomps are very useful but you have to learn that some monsters are more dangerous when crawling on the floor and you get too close.

You should have also discovered that your position triggers certain monsters so the telekinetic powers are REALLY useful is retrievng ammo and stuff in new rooms... enter doorway and stop... 'reach' out and collect the items you can see with your powers... ammo or health up... then move about the room doing the same... sme of these little gifts left laying about the place are traps and pulling them towards you does same some nasty encounters.... worst thing in the world is to be jumped on by a few nasties with no health or ammo but seeing them sitting on the floor and you have no time to reach them let along equip them.

Des

The Juggler
01-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I have started replaying some of my old games again... just for fun and the achievement points. I dug this classic out last night... hmmm some 10 hours later and numerous screams and BOO moments later I can can remember why I was so fond of this game... it is a classic game and now that I have these Turtle Beach X41's it is even more awesome... the sound alone is SCARY as hell.

If you have not got this game go get it NOW... if you have it dig it out and re-play it... I am really enjoying it.

Nemo
16-05-2010, 06:56 PM
i know its awhile since this was posted but i thought i add my 2 cents here. This game is pretty amazing and for once a game that didnt let me down. It was everything i expected to be. From story telling to game play it was pretty much perfect. Anyone who hasnt got this game should really get it since the second one is on the way soon

The Juggler
16-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Hey fella totally agree... this was a good game and made me jump lots... the storyline was a good one too... not sure how they are going to sort out the storyline after the JUMP ending of the first though... any clue? without giving away the ending too much for those that have not finished it yet?

Nemo
16-05-2010, 11:29 PM
hmm reminds me of a thread on GF, well i think they could explore the mental damage Isaac has suffered through the events...im mean just look at the ending.

The Juggler
17-05-2010, 12:42 AM
hahahaha the ending caused me mental scaring too.

axon1988
05-09-2010, 10:36 AM
This game had some really good sound to it. If you use the status on a monster, just take your time and listen to him scream in slow motion. Pretty good. And then that custom armor you get, the soldier armor. Oh man it makes you look so cool!
Which of the weapons did you guys enjoy the most?

I have to say my favorite weapon was that laser cutter you get in the beginning, if you get to upgrade it completely it becomes a really dangerous weapon.
I also used the napalm weapon for all those little critters that attack you, easy way to get rid of them quickly.

My worst moment in that game was fighting against that mutant that healed itself. I got such a fright from it.

This is most definitely one of my favorite games. And with 2 around the corner... Any horror sci-fi gamer's wetdream! Haha

KillerCore
07-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Enjoyed this game a lot. creepy when your home alone in the dark with suround sound. reminded me of the scary moments in alliens vs predators where i wasted all my flares =(

Heavy_Boab
07-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Dead space is on my games to complete list, and it's a big list. Only played about 2 - 3 hours of it, but it's an ok game I wouldn't rave about it, I have seen better in it's genre.

Jenesix
07-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Dead Space 2 looks better, hoping for big things as the first was was a step in the right direction

mmogamer
27-09-2010, 08:28 AM
This is a fantastic review on dead space one of the top horror third person shooter game.

sofia23
30-09-2010, 10:33 AM
I haven't tried it.

nuclearknife
03-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Dead Space 2 is gonna be awesome!!!

in the preview i saw you can curb stomp little demonic baby necromorphs XD

if that isnt awesome just go the hell away from this review thread NOW

Fakker
09-10-2010, 01:10 AM
Guys, maybe it's me being coward :D, but this game scares me a lot that I can't go on for more than 3 mins in a row!

Luckily I got it for birthday gift and not paid it!

mrkewlio
09-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Dude your review was great. I stopped playing because it scared the crap out of me most of the time (Don't even wanna try it with my new home stereo installed) Your review makes me wanna go back, turn the volume on max, and make me crap myself. Thats how good it is >;D Keep up the AWESOME reviews. <----- 13 year old Future Fantasy Writer and Game Developer

SoGEnterTainment
12-10-2010, 03:58 PM
great review for a great game, what i loved about dead space is that even though ive already beat it several times, when ever i decide to pick it up again, it still scares the hell out of me :)

bobstoo
13-10-2010, 03:13 PM
great review, the game sounds great

DayVixen
16-10-2010, 06:38 AM
interesting ill buy this game thanks for the review

Kolten
17-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Sounds like an interesting game to me.

Sayguin
17-10-2010, 12:05 AM
I love this game it was vary creepy and the gameplay is very fun i can't wait for Dead Space 2!

JudgeYohance
17-10-2010, 12:17 AM
it was esssentially Resident Evil, In space. Great game but way too short (I got threw it in about 10 hours)

cinta5509
18-10-2010, 01:07 PM
hi friends, I want to give information, available on this site a lot of cool games and challenge here, I've seen.
if you want to play you can play on site Play Video Games (http://dx10.net)
just try it, really exciting.
prove it by your self

mikeroonies
19-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Dead Space has been mishandled from beginning to end, in a manner unusually good. The graphics are superb and the perfect soundtrack, and the tension almost made me want to quit the game's story is good, if not a bit like Doom 3 and I felt a huge effort to complete the game to know what was happening!

nickdave89
21-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Yeaaahhhh!!! Man this game is nice...going on well even trailer (http://www.rainrope.com/musicvideo.php?vid=262fdb3c9) is better....

didivin
25-10-2010, 10:46 AM
I think this is the interesting games!:p

Jedclark
25-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Nice review, but too many "...".

tiatia
03-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Sounds great! This is how the game?

Jixxen
29-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Great game, it is true that the level of scariness depends on how into the game you get. I personally was really into the game so yeah, my heart was racing. All you people out there that say it wasnt scary, turn of the lights and play this game by yourself, and you know your going to jump from time to time. Definately one of my favorite games, and worth buying!!

Star Hustler
30-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Play it in the dark by yourself with headphones on. ;)

Jixxen
30-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Play it in the dark by yourself with headphones on. ;)

Ha, if that doesnt make you scared then your one sick pupp!! lol

Juggler
30-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Playing in the dark and with Turtle Beaches X41's will scar the crap outta you lol... many many BOO moments in the game I must admit. Looking forward to Dead Space II but expect it to be slagged as it is not going to deliver anything new compared to the original... so I will ignore the critics and look forward to more of the same.

Jixxen
30-12-2010, 11:04 AM
really, you dont think the new one will deliver??? I think gameplay will be awesome, only thing im worried about (with all sequels) is the story not holding up to the previous.... im crossing my fingers though!!

ohta
03-01-2011, 11:39 AM
dead space needed to hand me a katana in the opening scene.. just sayin

OutdoorGamer
04-01-2011, 03:22 AM
Great Game. The second one is coming out soon. It looks amazing!

Nemo
04-01-2011, 04:14 AM
The demo is out for number 2, give it a go

Vyse the Legend
04-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic, but I can't believe so many people bring up how scary it is..... really didn't think it was that bad. I think it's more that it's one of the scariest games around BUT that's given the level of competition, which really isn't very scary at all.

Still, really looking forward to the sequel later this month, just hoping the multiplayer inclusion doesn't muck up the single-player, or turn this franchise into another of those with unwanted sequels.

Nemo
04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic, but I can't believe so many people bring up how scary it is..... really didn't think it was that bad. I think it's more that it's one of the scariest games around BUT that's given the level of competition, which really isn't very scary at all.

Still, really looking forward to the sequel later this month, just hoping the multiplayer inclusion doesn't muck up the single-player, or turn this franchise into another of those with unwanted sequels.

Its scary for a game made in america. Most american devs dont know how to make a horror game.

Also as i said the demo is mind blowingly good and hence i recommend each and everyone of you to just download it now :D

Cronus
04-01-2011, 03:10 PM
I have it on the PS3 but not got very far at all, it's so atmospheric that it gives me the willys, don't like playing it on my own :(

Vyse the Legend
04-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Its scary for a game made in america. Most american devs dont know how to make a horror game.

Also as i said the demo is mind blowingly good and hence i recommend each and everyone of you to just download it now :D

True I'll give you that. If you take a look at the small horror genre across most platforms, there are sadly very few games that really stand out as being truly scary. Most titles that do come from the East, which makes me wonder, what goes on over there that let's them create such obscure titles, that developers over here in the West don't, or can't, be bothered to make. Surely it's not that hard to do, even if it means stealing ideas, like so many do.

And I hate downloading demo's, even if they are great games, especially as the game is out in a few weeks, so I'll wait until then sorry hehehe. Trying to keep myself from the game, to keep the excitement and suspense level high!!

Cronus
04-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Apparently you can unlock the plasma cutter from Dead Space 1 in Dead Space 2 if you have a save game file on your hard drive...does not have to be a completed game save file, just any game save file.

Nemo
04-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Apparently you can unlock the plasma cutter from Dead Space 1 in Dead Space 2 if you have a save game file on your hard drive...does not have to be a completed game save file, just any game save file.

Yea its true.

Im almost at the end of finishing the game on Hard..dead space 1 that is.

Vyse the Legend
04-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Glad I kept my save file then, because I love the Plasma Cutter!!!!!

Vyse the Legend
04-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Yea its true.

Im almost at the end of finishing the game on Hard..dead space 1 that is.

Finding the playthrough hard?

Nemo
04-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Glad I kept my save file then, because I love the Plasma Cutter!!!!!

Not going to spoil to much of Dead Space 2. The controls have massively changed I think, more sensitive and certainly more reactive to your need. So many more monsters and boy do they look fantastic, that said i found the first stage necromorph's look like plastic...could be down to it being a demo and not the full game code.

Furthermore the game will draw on what we have seen in eternal darkness. Thats right, some sort of insanity feature will be in the game which I believe will just happen and not be down to some meter like in eternal darkness. For example, you will see and hear things that arnt there. I honestly recommend this demo and game of course and I already have a review/preview i may or may not post

Vyse the Legend
04-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Not going to spoil to much of Dead Space 2. The controls have massively changed I think, more sensitive and certainly more reactive to your need. So many more monsters and boy do they look fantastic, that said i found the first stage necromorph's look like plastic...could be down to it being a demo and not the full game code.

Furthermore the game will draw on what we have seen in eternal darkness. Thats right, some sort of insanity feature will be in the game which I believe will just happen and not be down to some meter like in eternal darkness. For example, you will see and hear things that arnt there. I honestly recommend this demo and game of course and I already have a review/preview i may or may not post

Wow, haven't heard Eternal Darkness being mentioned in a long, long time. Was a huge fan of the insanity feature in that game, so if Dead Space 2 plays on that....... one can only imagine what they have cooked up.

Do you know much on the multiplayer side of things?

Nemo
04-01-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't know. They kept that close to their chest, i did asked if they could send me some MP footage for me to host on our channel but all i got given was the trailer which is also feature on the channel.

Insanity plays a big part as far as i can tell. How much they going to make of it is unknown to me other then what they have featured within the demo and what wikipedia had to say about the game. I promise this game wont disappoint fans

Vyse the Legend
04-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I have no doubts in my mind that this game will do really well. Firstly, the game is being released in a complete dry spell for games, and a month after Xmas, should people not have anything to play. And secondly, from what I recall, Dead Space was so much of an unknown quantity when it first came out, but this sequel has received so much more coverage across the gaming community, and all of it, very positive.

If it's not up there amongst GOTY this time next year, I'll be surprised.

Nemo
04-01-2011, 08:21 PM
It was a very minimalistic horror game. To be fair the people who played this on easy or normal missed out. The true survival experience happens on the hard stages. Dead Space 2 will have harder difficulty settings :)

Vyse the Legend
04-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Agreed. Playing on the hardest difficulty possible is what adds to the tension. Fear of an enemy who you know you can't kill appearing in front of you, and having to work out what to do.

That's the one thing I will give a lot of horror games today, they aren't necessarily the kind to make you jump, but genuinely make you nervous about what's around the corner, and playing on Hard will help add to that.

Nemo
04-01-2011, 08:46 PM
FEAR 2 has the biggest tension factor for me.

Although playing Diablo 2 right now, the atmosphere alone in that game gives me the chills. Thats something most modern games struggle to achieve

OutdoorGamer
05-01-2011, 01:53 AM
It doesn't take me much to get chills lol. I usually turn the screen ambiance all the way up lol.

Judge Jules
09-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Sound are beautifull. There are very good atmosphere.

SuspectAtom
16-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Brilliant game, played it myself. When you talk about the shadows part, i remember that exact moment, and my regret over choosing to start playing this game at midnight when no one else was home. Found the dismemberment feature to be a very good game mechanic, there was something infinitely satisfying about counquering the fear of the little monsters by making them resemble a cream pasty when i was finished. Can't wait to get number 2. Very glad You made a review of it

FGambler
16-02-2011, 10:54 AM
When i played it in 2008, it was pretty scary, but it was all just a cheap jump scare like the drag tentacle coming out of nowhere. But in DS 2 it was all about horror and action, i love it. What scares me the most is the stalker confrontation, that bitch jumped out of nowhere and ripped my arm off!

WizzY
16-02-2011, 12:43 PM
The developers made the game more exciting by forcing you not to want to die.[seriously,you don't want to see yourself die,in HD]

lettiedwestlake
22-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for this Awesome Review... I will definitely Go for the Game Doom and let you know my Experience....

madbrawler
01-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Good review but boring game, sorry.

F-417Erkan
05-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Just got this game.... reminds me lots of the Doom series.... inside a space ship with nasty\ies all over the place.... lights going off and creepy noises... shadows and things everywhere.... this is one creepy game....

Storyline without any spoilers... you are a part of a space rescue/maintenance crew sent to do some rpairs on the biggest planet mining ship... your interest is that there is a woman onboard the ship that you used to know... when your ship arrives you discover that the crew of the mining ship have all sort of vanished... or have they... now you off on a quest to discover the truth and to repair the ship.

The onlinekeyseller.com beasts are HUGE and small too... you have a small assortment of weapons you can upgrade by finding stuff... killing the 'enemy' has a knack that you must master quickly otherwise you soon become DEAD... in a most gruesome manner... watch my head being ripped off once... quite disturbing.

Ok graphically AWESOME... the lighting is fantastic... shadows all over the place... one section you turn into a coridor with your shadow infront of you (meaning the light source behind) another shadown appears and quickly slips away... you turn waepons ready and NOTHING.... not a friggin thing... monster gone... turn back to youe quest and turn a corner and BLAM... big evil frig off mother of a creeping monster wanting to eat your head for a light snack... I can safetly say that this game is freaking me out as much as Doom 3 did back on the PC.

Sound is fantastic... very atmospheric and really helps put you on edge. oh and when the fire fights start... all hell breaks loose and the volume goes through the roof... this combined with the weapon flashes really does get the old adrenalin pumping.

Storyline is as good as these get when you consider it is just another large space ship overrun by bad things.

Gameplay... a little bit linier perhaps... your path seems to be set for you... this door is unlocked so go this way... this one is locked so you can't open it until you do this and this through that open door. But apart from that it is cool. You have a heads up display that shows a map and inventory and stuff... you collect credits scattered about the game and use them in a store to buy stuff... now remember this is a mining ship so the **** in the store is geared towards that... which don't mean that the weapons are not cool... you also collect power modules which you can use at special work benches... here you can mod up your weapons and suit... makng you harder to kill or making it easier for you to kill the beasties... you have to manage this option well as these power modules are quite scarse... saves are performed by using wall mounted terminals in the shape of a camera.

Now I have only been playing for a coupl of hours and yet to experience this zero gravity the mags have all been going on about... so more goodies to come I guess.

So if you liked the Doom Series... if you like being a little scared... if you like an adrenalin rush... go get this game... just do it.

Des

Great review m8, thx for sharing

Talentz
05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I still haven't played this yet, I was looking forward to getting this on PC. Need to stack up on PC games tbf.

night watchman
17-03-2011, 01:41 PM
i really hated the controls in this game

JAndTheG
17-03-2011, 07:49 PM
one of the best games ever to me :) played it probably too much

muyenp
19-03-2011, 06:48 PM
played the first dead space game. Completely badass. Can't wait to play the sequel

gbond14
23-03-2011, 03:47 AM
didn't like the game as much but good review

TraderChris
23-03-2011, 07:23 AM

The beasts are HUGE and small too... you have a small assortment of weapons you can upgrade by finding stuff... killing the 'enemy' has a knack that you must master quickly otherwise you soon become DEAD... in a most gruesome manner... watch my head being ripped off once... quite disturbing.

Des

Thanks for your excellent review. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of Doom and fortunately for your review, i will not get this game. :)

Xx-NinjaPwnr-xX
24-03-2011, 03:37 AM
nice review jugg! never knew you were the reviewer type, but this is a very nice review indeed. Keep up the good work man, and im going to be sure to get a copy of this game soon :)

Martin Gogov
26-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Great game!

Hillzberry18
29-03-2011, 01:13 AM
The controls for me were really hard to get used too. It's still a pretty awesome game though! :D

ProfessorWhizz
07-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Love Dead Space 2, its an epic game. Great review though buddy

StationInfantry
11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Meh

ChronicAi
11-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Iv'e only played about an hour of the first Dead Space.

But right now i'm playing Dead Space 2. I understand the story fine so thats good. Dead Space 2 is an amazing game and so is the first.

Great Review! :D

sirenx3
10-05-2011, 04:17 PM
really like this game and the second one!

Erkanovic
11-05-2011, 11:43 PM

Storyline without any spoilers... you are a part of a space OnlineCDKeySeller.com crew sent to do some rpairs on the biggest planet mining ship... your interest is that there is a woman onboard the ship that you used to know... when your ship arrives you discover that the crew of the mining ship have all sort of vanished... or have they... now you off on a quest to discover the truth and to repair the ship.

Ok graphically AWESOME... the lighting is fantastic... shadows all over the place... one section you turn into a coridor with your battlefield infront of you (meaning the light source behind) another shadown appears and quickly slips away... you turn waepons ready and NOTHING.... not a friggin thing... monster gone... turn back to youe quest and turn a corner and BLAM... big evil frig off mother of a creeping monster wanting to eat your head for a light snack... I can safetly say that this game is freaking me out as much as Doom 3 did back on the PC.

Sound is fantastic... very cd key licens key and really helps put you on edge. oh and when the fire fights start... all hell breaks loose and the volume goes through the roof... this combined with the weapon flashes really does get the old adrenalin pumping.

Des

Bit old game but nice. Like #2 better.

UniversalGeeks
16-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Your spot on where you mention its like doom with the flickering lights and dark rooms etc

jasonx
26-05-2011, 07:18 PM
this game is sick.....one of my favorites