PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero / Rock band

Kernel Kev
11-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Ok guys and gals, i played GH3 for the first time today and having never played GH before i pretty much sucked balls at it... yes i got boo'd off first tim on easy mode i know.

Anyways, i then got used to it and i think its ****ing awesome. I want to buy the guitar for it and later the drums but guitar first atm.

Now i can get any game i want you guys should already know that but what i wanna know is what guitar to get.

Should i get the new guitar and can it be used on say GH3 or can i get the older one and play it on rock band if i decide to get the drums etc after.

Thanks for the help.

Kev
:cool:

paultak01
11-11-2008, 02:53 AM
yeah wrks with the GH3 but I would prefer the new one 'cause it makes less sound when u tap the buttons. I find the guitar of RB more comfortable but i like GH game better cause it's got more songs on it. The drums don't work on the RB though vice versa.

Kernel Kev
11-11-2008, 10:58 AM
I just googled and people have said that the GH3 guitars work with Rock band but the rock band guitars dont work with GH3.

Maybe il just get a GH3 guitar... i am in the process of getting GH world tour. Thats the newest one right?

Kev

Kernel Kev
11-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Ok i put a bid for the new guitar with the touch sensitive slider thing. Works with GH world tour and rock band so i bid 40 for it (without the game) so maybe...

Kev

bamhm182
13-11-2008, 04:33 AM
The Les Paul FTW. I haven't played the ones from either Rock Band 2, or GH: WT, but I really like the Les Paul from Guitar Hero 3. I was at wal-mart today, and the new one looks good, but I didn't get a chance to play it.

EDIt: Yeah, WT is the newest.

EDIT 2: According to fakeplasticrock.com the WT guitar is the best, even better than the Les Paul, but it's not available to buy just by itself yet, unless you count places like ebay and what not, like you did Kev.

Guitar Hero: World Tour Guitar — Best Fake Plastic Axe Ever? - Fake Plastic Rock (http://www.fakeplasticrock.com/2008/11/09/guitar-hero-world-tour-guitar-the-best-fake-plastic-axe-ever/)

Also, you were interested in the drums:
Guitar Hero and Rock Band Drum Compatibility - Fake Plastic Rock (http://www.fakeplasticrock.com/2008/11/08/guitar-hero-and-rock-band-drum-compatibility/)

Kernel Kev
13-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah i knew the WT guitar would be better but atm what its selling at on ebay i dont have that sort of money for an extra touch slidey thing. For now i think il stick to a les paul from gh3. They sell them new at gamestation for 40.

Kev

bamhm182
13-11-2008, 04:14 PM
How much are they going on ebay for? And I can vouch for the Les Paul, like I said, it's my favorite of the ones that I've played. Don't get the Rock Band 1 strato, I can't stand that one, I hear the Rock Band 2 strato is much better though. Than the Guitar Hero 2 one works fine, but it's wired, so yeah, just go with the Les Paul.

Kernel Kev
13-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I can buy a les paul brand new for 40. so $60 seeing as the pound to the dollar is about 1.5 now with the recession lol

The WT guitar alone went for 59 on ebay. The les paul on ebay probably 40 aswell.

Kev

bamhm182
15-11-2008, 06:27 AM
I was looking on Xbox Live, it says that it has 2-8 person co-op, how would that work? 2 drummers, 2 guitarists, 2 basists, and 2 singers? The 2-8 person multiplayer makes sense for battle of the bands, but not the co-op.