PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter (contains spoilers)

Jedclark
27-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Who here likes it? I love it, the best series of books I've read.

My favourite is the Deathly Hallows, such a fine piece of writing.

Nemo
28-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Good stories but i wouldnt say fine.

All enjoyed them all..the first was by far the best due to it being pretty unique..mind i was like 10 when it came out and it was just a joy to read

Jedclark
28-10-2010, 05:39 PM
What did you think of the Deathly Hallows? The ending, and all the stuff leading up to it was amazing.

flyboy1909
29-10-2010, 03:57 PM
I thought it was an excellent series! I read and loved each and every book, and Ive read some of them multiple times as well.

I completely agree Poseidon, the Deathly Hallows was really well done, especially how everything came together and kind of wrapped itself up at the end. I thought it was a perfect ending to the series to say the least!

Basilee
30-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Who here likes it? I love it, the best series of books I've read.

My favourite is the Deathly Hallows, such a fine piece of writing.

I also love this series.....Its is most popular book.Very well written by harry potter

Nemo
31-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Harry Potter. Where do I start with this?

I have nothing bad to say about the series other than why did it have to end when it did? So many things could still be addressed...outside stories may be? I don't really have a favourite book but I think the best read was The Half blood Prince. It was the darkest out of them all and the most interesting to read. Deathly Hallows had a lot going for it as well but i felt it was a little short and should have been a bigger read. However i really enjoyed the part where you found out more about Tom Riddle/Voldemord and about Snape.

I can see Harry Potter being studied at secondary school.

Jedclark
31-10-2010, 02:17 PM
I have nothing bad to say about the series other than why did it have to end when it did? So many things could still be addressed...outside stories may be? I don't really have a favourite book but I think the best read was The Half blood Prince. It was the darkest out of them all and the most interesting to read. Deathly Hallows had a lot going for it as well but i felt it was a little short and should have been a bigger read. However i really enjoyed the part where you found out more about Tom Riddle/Voldemord and about Snape.

I can see Harry Potter being studied at secondary school.

I think it ended at the right time, when Harry and crew were coming of age. I was a little miffed though as there would be no more books (as of current).

My favourite was The Deathly Hallows, it was just epic, no other word for it. I loved the deaths, strangely enough. JKR made the characters so human, especially after Dobby died.

I think it is being studied! :p

Heriwald
12-11-2010, 06:39 AM
I liked Harry Potter but I don't think it deserves all the attention it already had. I didn't like the end, there should have an epic battle and instead there was the most anti-climatic twist possible.

Harry: you can't kill me because I'm the owner of the wand you use

Voldemort: "tries to kill Harry anyway"

paf

voldemort is dead

WTF

Jedclark
12-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I liked Harry Potter but I don't think it deserves all the attention it already had. I didn't like the end, there should have an epic battle and instead there was the most anti-climatic twist possible.

Harry: you can't kill me because I'm the owner of the wand you use

Voldemort: "tries to kill Harry anyway"

paf

voldemort is dead

WTF

The ending was very short, and I also didn't like the way it concluded. Harry: Expelliarmus? You don't go through all that sh!te, not to crucio the **** out of him, with a bit of imperio. If I was Harry, I'd have Avada Kedavra'd him. Not EXPELLIARMUS. He could have at least done something decent like stupefy, an ATTACK.

hatake kakashi
19-12-2010, 11:11 AM
i love the harry potter series.the adventure,the humor...all of it was great.i think any type of reader would enjoy reading harry potter as it has a bit of everything.

halven
16-01-2011, 08:17 AM
I enjoyed it for sure, although since Book 5 it went to the direction I didn't really like.

How to explain this best, well, Harry won vs Voldemort cause he was "pure hero", the kind that sacrifices himself and wins due to the power of love or w/e.

I'd have preferred if Harry did some hardcore training and won vs Voldemort in fair battle, kicking his ass with awesome spells kinda like Dumbledore did :cool:

But this kind of ending is OK too I suppose, this was just that sort of story where the villain actually makes himself weaker and in the end destroys himself by craving power and immortality.

PipenAin
17-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Lord of the Rings = Harry Potter on steroids

Talentz
29-04-2011, 07:42 PM
I think I have read all the books, when I was about 13 - 14, I was constantly reading them. My favourite one is Prisoner Of Askaban, I also find the films to be very good as well, I can't wait for pt. 2 to come out.

Jedclark
30-04-2011, 12:20 PM
My favourite was The Deathly Hallows, got it at midnight and read it till six AM to finish it. It was amazing.

Vault Hunter
30-04-2011, 12:49 PM
I enjoyed the book series very much but wouldn't say it isn't one of my favourites. I'd agree the first is the best simply because of how different it was. I think the worst in the series was The Half Blood Prince. Whilst the plot was interesting, the pace was just so slow moving it made it hard to get into. Deathly Hallow was a great novel and it wrapped up the series as well, however the epilogue was terrible and completely un-needed

Jedclark
30-04-2011, 02:45 PM
The epilogue was great, although I don't know why Harry got the short straw with Ginny. He would obviously go out with Hermione.

Vault Hunter
30-04-2011, 03:53 PM
The epilogue was great, although I don't know why Harry got the short straw with Ginny. He would obviously go out with Hermione.

Just out of curiosity why did you think it was great? Most people i've dicussed it with hate the epilogue so it would be interesting to hear the flip side.

Jedclark
30-04-2011, 07:57 PM
The bit where he says, "Snape was the bravest man I ever knew." I wish him and Draco turned out to be good friends, though. As it was only houses and wealth class that split them apart, really.

Fan_the_Flames
30-04-2011, 10:20 PM
The ending was very short, and I also didn't like the way it concluded. Harry: Expelliarmus? You don't go through all that sh!te, not to crucio the **** out of him, with a bit of imperio. If I was Harry, I'd have Avada Kedavra'd him. Not EXPELLIARMUS. He could have at least done something decent like stupefy, an ATTACK.

Here's the way I see it; Harry has never been one for using Offensive magic in that form. The first deuling magic he ever even learned was Expelliarmus in the Second Year of Hogwarts, and he hasn't had that much training since then. Yes, he had Dumbledore's Army, and he was teaching them defensive magic. But besides that, Harry hasn't really had the time to train other spells, and that spell has always worked for him.

Also, I believe this is part of the underlying moral reasoning behind the last few books; Voldemort believed he could make himself live forever by forming the Horcruxes, each of which forced him into murdering one human being in order to tear his soul into pieces. Harry's use of Expelliarmus, a completely harmless spell against the opponent, to destroy Voldemort in the end showed that, no matter how cliche it is, that the power of love can overcome evil. Also, as Harry became the final Horcrux, another symbolism is that Voldemort brought about his own end, giving Harry the power he needed to destroy him from the beginning in his quest for Immortality.

hotboy1504
13-05-2011, 10:48 AM
I love harry poster film, too

schwa
03-06-2011, 03:49 AM
I like Harry Potter! But I just did not read too much about the original books, ehh, I often enjoy the movies! I know that the books are much better!
Anyway, too busy to read books now! My friend is a super Harry Potter fan either!

queen_scott
11-07-2011, 08:57 AM
i like harry potter.the magic and everything it was amazing...

http://choosefireplacesandstoves.com