PDA

View Full Version : Wii Sports - Nintendo Wii

Nintengod
01-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Wii Sports - Nintendo Wii (Released 2006)

Wii Sports was the game that launched alongside Nintendo's next generation console, and is neatly packaged with the system. If you have a Wii, you will have this game....so my point of reviewing this is more for discussion, as you guys will already have played this game no doubt!

Wii Sports consists of 5 sports games on one disc. Tennis, Baseball, Boxing, Golf and Bowling. All 5 are pretty decent, and the Bowling is possibly the most popular. The controls work effectively, if not amazingly accurately. The Boxing is the only game that requires the nunchuck extension to mimick your other fist.

Presentation of Wii Sports is neat and tidy, even if its hardly pushing the boundaries of the system, and would wouldn't even push the Dreamcast. But it matters not, as its nice and clean and is typical Nintendo.

This game really is more suited to multiplayer, and hours of fun can be had on all the games. All in all, a nice, respectable launch game and I know all you Wii owners will have played this a fair bit. Enjoy.

Score : 7/10

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Wii_Sports_Europe.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/graphics/2007/10/24/dlgame24.jpg

http://benandalice.com/uploaded_images/scr_005-766756.jpg

http://wii.advancedmn.com/images/media/wiisportsbowling_004.jpg

Talentz
01-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Most people got It nice started though.

Shooting Palanx
01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I have to agree with you Nintend, that the bowling looks wicked, I think I will play the boxing one first, it does look mighty fun.

Nice Review.

vrc2k?
02-11-2007, 05:24 PM
good review, true

by the way, they all use little skills that most people dont know about.

e.g tennis you can aim the ball. if you hit it early the ball will go the way the racket was swinging, if you hit it late, the other way.

Shooting Palanx
03-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Meh, I think some people may have already established that, I guess it is what distinguishes this game from many other sports games.

vrc2k?
03-11-2007, 04:49 PM
most people i know dont know most of the skills.

aiming punches - tilt the nunchuck or wii remote out or in.

hitting high balls - (tennis) swing remote high

slope finder (when putting) - 1 button or 2 button

hitting hard (all games) swing quickly

hitting soft balls easily (baseball) - hold wii remote straight

there are more but i cant think of them

there are more but i cant think of any

Inferno Strike
24-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I own a Nintendo Wii. This game comes with it if you buy it from a sponsered store. It seems like since you get this with the Wii It would be almost a terrible game, but the truth is this is in my top five favorite games to play on the Wii. It have life like movements. They give you gaols on there such as a proe bar that you want to reach to well become pro. My personal favorite on the Wii sports has to be baseball, Bowling, or Boxing. I'm not saying that this will be the best game for the Wii. I'm just saying you should'nt toss this a side and never give it a chance. Of course there are some other realy awsome games to play rather than this. I give this game a 8.5/10. I strongly reccomened this game for anyon that has'nt played it. Nice reveiw by the way Nintendog.

kie_poolies
24-11-2007, 07:57 PM
lol, ''nintendog''. good review by the way.
my favbourite is definitely tennis, i wipe the floor clean when im playing me bro:) he is good but i still slash him lol. this is a great game that everyone should play

Inferno Strike
25-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I agree as said in the post before. I personaly think this thread should be closed. We are way off topic and I think we found our answer. Why worrie about getting this game when it comes free with the Wii. Just try it for you're self. If you don't have a Wii then why exacly are you posting here. Get my point?

Sam2008
05-12-2007, 11:06 PM
A neighbour of mine has Nintendo Wii. i'll tell you more about it when i play a few more hours.

Inferno Strike
06-12-2007, 02:01 AM
Please for the last time don't do this again. You're way off subject again. Please try to stay on. I've told you this already in you're other posts.

Silence
06-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Who made you a Mod?

Don't remember your name coming up....

Don't tell other members not too post because they dont have "that" console. If that were to hold true would we really be a Game Forum?
No.

Inferno Strike
06-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Hes off subject and is talking about playing someone else's Wii for some more hours. Likes me saying I'm going to play my Wii and tell you what I think about it after I take a crap. By the way I didn't tell him not to post if he didn't have the console and last, but not least no one made me a moderator. I'm just telling them before a moderator does.

gamerking123
16-12-2007, 08:33 PM
this game is really fun i love the bowling

o and tennis is pretty good too

Inferno Strike
17-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Hey guy unless you're not ignorant of the rules which you should have read right when you got here, but thats beside the point do not double post please and yeah tennis is pretty cool, but I have problems with keeping it in bounds sometimes.

guppyman
21-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Good review. Thanks

Inferno Strike
22-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Are you going to post anything about it. Like have you played the game or did you like it or what. You will find out it's much more fun to get replies to you're post.

UberDae
10-01-2008, 03:56 PM
hmm. Its a fun little cute game but not much life in it, even with multiplayer.

I would've liked to see more Golf levels especially. I played it for a little while with a friend of mine but we got bored quick. I know it has multiply sports but there isn't enough depth in each to make it last more then a few sesh's.

Dae.

Everdream
15-01-2008, 03:48 PM
i tryed the bowling game on nintendo wii at my cousins house, and i could not get the ball to roll.. everytime i tried, a pop-up window appeared and said something about hot to throw right. At the end i got angry and walked away lol ^^

Nintengod
15-01-2008, 07:29 PM
i tryed the bowling game on nintendo wii at my cousins house, and i could not get the ball to roll.. everytime i tried, a pop-up window appeared and said something about hot to throw right. At the end i got angry and walked away lol ^^

Read the instructions on the screen...and have some patience.....

....remember that this game is played by 5 to 95 year olds!

Prometheus
16-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Bowling has to be the best game in Wii Sports

Ace
22-01-2008, 10:11 AM
All the games are good. Baseball is pretty fun, but bowling maybe gives teh most entertainment fo it. Sometimes boxing gets you angry when your opponent starts laying into your face and ribs but it's all fun in the end.:D

I just finished playing Wii Sports now and im a bit tired. Good workout though.:D

corlock
05-02-2008, 08:35 PM
this popular wii game is almost alike with the carnival games, also another wii game...its a variety of games in one...