PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4 - Nintendo Wii

Nintengod
03-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Resident Evil 4 - Nintendo Wii (Released 2007)

Resident Evil 4 is the action/adventure horror game that will make you jump many times. On the Nintendo Wii, the game uses the wii's capabilitys making your nunchuk and normal controller move all over he place.

Six years after the events in Resident Evil 2, the Umbrella company is ruined. Ending all relationships with Umbrella, the US government nuked the location when the T-Virus was unleashed in Racoon City. Umbrella was no more when the corporations stock price dropped. Resident Evil 4 begins as Leon S. Kennedy when he is sent on a top-secret mission to find and rescue the presidents daughter from the clutches of an inknown organisation in a remote location in Europe. As the story unfolds, when you meet the 'walking shop' and other non-villagers, it becomes more interesting.

In my opinion, the fact that there are no brain-dead zombies anywhere in the game is a bit of a downfall. But they are replaced by villagers who make it their way to kill you-whatever it takes. Even though the bosses may not be killed the first, second or third time, it will make you keep trying until you do blow them up with a rocket-launcher or make a hole in them with a shotgun. the thing i love about this game is that it is a free- roam around game like GTA, instead of a still camera angle which never moves until you go into another room.

It may take a while for some people, but once you master the controls for Resident Evil 4, it is a lot easier than the other versions of this game on PS2 and Gamecube. You have to be ready for anything as it could go from a video play to gameplay where you have to repeatedly tap A and B to dodge something to stay alive. Be on your toes for anything in this game, as you never know what's going to be around the corner. To make the game even more creepy, the camera angle doesn't go 360 degrees around your character. You have to turn the whole body around to see the back of you, which if the spooky music is on, you may keep doing as it makes you think there is something behind you.

Despite the fact that there are no zombies around, this game still gives an enticing, gripping and off-your-seat experience which uses the full potential of the Wii. However the graphics could have been a bit better (It's a direct port from the Gamecube - Nintengod)But from Chainsaw maniacs to mad monks, this game has it all. (reviewed by kie_poolies)

Score : 9/10

http://www.wiisworld.com/images/news/re4wiibox.jpg

http://www.verdicts.co.uk/global_files/graphics/products/69417/mains/resi4_3.jpg

http://media.gameworldnetwork.com/news_shots/6560702604613ccb022b48.jpg

Talentz
03-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Why are the screenshots so blurry,and yes ninten good review
Always like the resident evil series.( I own zombieshttp://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/6/11/3/f_Linkusingshm_bbfd07e.gif (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/6/11/3/f_Linkusingshm_bbfd07e.gif&srv=img02))

kie_poolies
03-11-2007, 09:42 PM
i wrote that review not nintengod, and yes the resident evil series is good

vrc2k?
07-11-2007, 08:38 PM
ooh, kie has been banned.

by the way, that secon picture is not from the wii version, the wii version has no laser sight.

i loved the graphics.

whenever an enemy is around the music will change.

it is a 16 on my case.

good review, pity he will never be a GF jurnalist

Nintengod
07-11-2007, 09:07 PM
ooh, kie has been banned.

by the way, that secon picture is not from the wii version, the wii version has no laser sight.

i loved the graphics.

whenever an enemy is around the music will change.

it is a 16 on my case.

good review, pity he will never be a GF jurnalist

He may when he comes back. You never know.

vrc2k?
09-11-2007, 05:48 PM
so its just a temporary ban then?

the controls actually are not that good.

it has a long game and good storyline.

you really should change that second picture

Nintengod
09-11-2007, 06:00 PM
so its just a temporary ban then?

the controls actually are not that good.

it has a long game and good storyline.

you really should change that second picture

Ban's cannot be discussed publically. You can PM him if you wish to find out more information.

vrc2k?
09-11-2007, 10:23 PM
but if he is banned then he wont get the pm?

i like the villagers, they are cooler than zombies. also the story is great.

RahXephon
17-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I ever played Resident Evil 4 only in PS2. But it's absolutely cool though I never play other series of them. :D

kie_poolies
17-11-2007, 10:16 PM
this game is the first ever resident evil game i have completed, but i have played on others at mates or on my bro's gamecube ages ago. i will definitely buy umbrella chronicles if it is half as good as this game

candaleenie
19-11-2007, 04:52 AM
took me a while to get used to it, it was the first game i played on wii. it's funny tho you get money and stuff for killing the crows but not for killing the cows.
great game play.
btw good review :)

Apocalypse
19-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Its fun to kill the cows NOT lol, whats ur fav gun, mines the chicago typewriter

kie_poolies
19-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I like the TMP upgraded. the best bit about the game though compared to the other resident evil's is that you can buy weapons, it is free-roam and that you can save your game as many times as you like

dazza07
28-11-2007, 11:08 PM
this game is the first ever resident evil game i have completed, but i have played on others at mates or on my bro's gamecube ages ago. i will definitely buy umbrella chronicles if it is half as good as this game

i didnt know that you completed it, when did you complete it?

kie_poolies
29-11-2007, 04:41 PM
i didnt know that you completed it, when did you complete it?

when, ages ago. it is a great game that if you have a wii, should be bought:)

Sam2008
05-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I have actually had the occasion to play this game. I played it at a friend's house. Hundreds of hours of fun went into it :D