PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X - Playstation 2

Lightning Strike
05-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Final Fantasy X - Playstation 2
"This is just an alternative review to the one already there, i just thought it did not have enough about this game, but it will have the same score"

This game was FF's first release on the PS2, and what a hit it was, selling 1,926,000 copies in Japan within the first 4 days. It was also the first to have real voice-overs on the characters, instead of the usual subtitles, this gave the characters a real-person feel. The character designs are top notch and the FMV's in the game are sensational.

FFX is set in the world of Spira, where Tidus, lives in Zanarkand, and is on the blitzball team (blitzball is a fictional game in FFX where teams of 6 play underwater with a ball and try to score goals) and while playing, a monster attacks, later named 'Sin', and the city is destroyed piece by piece. Auron, Tidus's friend, appears and leads him towards Sin rather than away, and then Tidus and Auron are sucked into a hole on Sin.

Tidus awakens in a strange temple, and after defeating a large fish and swimming into a cave, he is found by Rikku and her gang of Al-Bhed friends (Al-Bhed is a race of people in FFX that speak the lanuage of Al-Bhed, which is english letters rearranged, and Primoirs around the game can be found to translate the lanuage) and taken aboard thier ship. There Rikku tells Tidus that "his Zanarkand" was destroyed by Sin 1000 years ago. After an attack by Sin, Tidus wakes up on Besaid Island and after meeting Yuna and her guardians Wakka, Lulu and Kimari, they set off around the world to kill Sin.

This Final Fantasy put quite a spin on the previous titles with not only the voices and graphics, but with many other changes. The first would be the new battle system, in FFX it is a turn based system, and not ATB, there is the return of Limit Breaks in FFX called overdrives, which allow the character to perform a strong attack at one time. Also, levels are no longer how characters gain stats, but the 'Sphere Grid' where characters gain AP, and use them to move around the SG and gain stats, magic and skills. The nodes must be activated by sphere items, that correspond with the stat or skill, that can be bought for found after battle.

Another added feature was the ability to control summons, named Aeons in FFX, which is quite a new feature for the previous titles summons were summoned, used automatically, and then disappear, in FFX, the character chooses the Aeons abilities and plays them in turn. And, in the other Final Fantasys, flying vechicles were manually controlled, in FFX however, it is a pick and choose destination feature, where the ship is auto-piloted, teh flying itself is not seen.

This was the first FF to have a direct sequel made for it, FFX-2. Which is a little side note lol, ill proberly do a review of it sometime, to get into more detail. I love FFX though, ever since i had a taste in about 2001, i wanted to play it fully, and when i got it around 2003, i loved it to pieces and now i have finished it 100% with all secret Aeons and all best weapons, and in having the EUR version, i have the inclusion of Dark Aeons, evil aeon forms, that have so much hp, they are bascially invincible. Great game for all its features, for all who love a challenge.

Score : 9.5/10

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9145/ffxboxjg8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2889/16vg4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6084/179ec1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Prometheus
05-11-2007, 03:32 PM
yeah this is how reviews are supposed to look.

good job lightning, its excellent.

Talentz
05-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Another wicked final fantasy review,keep em coming!!

Nintengod
05-11-2007, 05:42 PM
yeah this is how reviews are supposed to look.

good job lightning, its excellent.

Think i'll remove the other one, and link this one instead. My only quibble would be the size of the images....could be a bit bigger on this one!! :D

Edit: and he still can't bloomin remember to put in the word "Score"!! :p

Lightning Strike
06-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Sorry, i was caught up with the fun of doing this review

Ace
06-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Think i'll remove the other one, and link this one instead.
Edit: and he still can't bloomin remember to put in the word "Score"!! :p

Thanks Nintengod you really make me feel good about it.

Lightning Strike
06-11-2007, 12:02 PM
I tryed to, sorry mate, just use mine as an example for your next one, and send it to me, ill read it and try an tune it more, just make it nice an long an from the heart, choose a game u love

Nintengod
06-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks Nintengod you really make me feel good about it.

You've caused so much fuss about this, and we couldn't have two reviews of the same game on the board. Lightning is GF Journalist, so his review took priority. That, and it had a lot more content to it. Your review, whilst i "published" it, I did have to make a fair few changes to....I really can't be doing that for every review.

Ace
06-11-2007, 12:12 PM
You've caused so much fuss about this, and we couldn't have two reviews of the same game on the board. Lightning is GF Journalist, so his review took priority. That, and it had a lot more content to it. Your review, whilst i "published" it, I did have to make a fair few changes to....I really can't be doing that for every review.

:eek: ...........:eek: :eek: ..............:eek: Oh no too much fuss. Well then im sorry. Congrats Lightning, how long did it take a 1 try? twice? Wow sorry to bother Nintengod didn't know it was such a bother for you too make some changes. Well it was under your consent to do it. Nah im just jokin, you made up alot of ridicolous excuses. If there was anythign wrong you could of just said, sorry acunlimited but there's no more spots at the moment, no time to read review, or just plain old " I dont want you to be one becuase i said so"

Nintengod
06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
:eek: ...........:eek: :eek: ..............:eek: Oh no too much fuss. Well then im sorry. Congrats Lightning, how long did it take a 1 try? twice? Wow sorry to bother Nintengod didn't know it was such a bother for you too make some changes. Well it was under your consent to do it. Nah im just jokin, you made up alot of ridicolous excuses. If there was anythign wrong you could of just said, sorry acunlimited but there's no more spots at the moment, no time to read review, or just plain old " I dont want you to be one becuase i said so"

Listen to yourself. If you had any dignity, you'd not bang on about this. I wasn't happy about your reviews, and neither were the others, end of. If you spent more time proof reading your reviews than arguing about why WE think your reviews were not of acceptable standard....you may have had your first review posted up by now, and be a GF Journalist.

Lightning Strike
06-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Ahh, can we drop this now please, i wrote my review about a game i loved and all the info came from my head, except the release date. WE NEED TO ALL CALM DOWN NOW AND WALK AWAY, NOW, BREATH, IN & OUT. Ace your taking it personally, but ninten likes it to be a great review, and no offence i have to admit, your FFX review was weak, mine just goes into alot of detail. And ninten, i know your annoyed, but you should calm down, we dont want a fight with a mod and a poster, i know he has tried and "failed" and annoyed you, but you could be a tad nicer, i try and ed on good notes, so are you, but ahh just drop it.

Ace
07-11-2007, 06:18 AM
what ever >.>

Lightning Strike
07-11-2007, 08:22 AM
As long as we can all just forget it, send them to me, ill help you get it "up to standard"

Ace
07-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Like it matters now im not interested anymore.

Lightning Strike
07-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Don't matter me, i want another opinion on this, and ill give it

Ace
08-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Okay then thanks for helping!

Lightning Strike
08-11-2007, 10:57 AM
No problem, your latest review is very good, only a few parts i thought should change, keep this up, and nin will surely let you on the team

What? you think it should have gotten a 10 you mean? you should really explain your posts lol

Nintengod
08-11-2007, 09:12 PM
What? you think it should have gotten a 10 you mean? you should really explain your posts lol

I agree, pointless posts, so i'll remove them as they disgust me!

Ace
13-11-2007, 06:18 AM
what happend?

Lightning Strike
13-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Someone just wrote 10 and thats all, so it was pointless and without meaning

Ace
14-11-2007, 09:53 AM
oh.......okay........who was it?

Lightning Strike
15-11-2007, 05:52 AM
No idea, but this is off topic

Ace
15-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Sorry, my apologies.

Lightning Strike
15-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Nah, we both were its all good

Ace
16-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Okay then.
Anyway while i was looking at the screenshots i saw the battle with the plant thing that i forgot it's name and Tidus, Yuna and Lulu. Judging by there health and MP. They would of got smashed!

raven1083
17-11-2007, 05:12 AM
I agree that was a nice review that you make not to mention that final fantasy is a nice video game one of the best

Lightning Strike
17-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Yes it is, i love these games

Ace
17-11-2007, 12:20 PM
The series or the type of games?

Lightning Strike
17-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Both, i love FF but i also love the RPG style that FF has.

Sam2008
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Great job with the review.

Ace
06-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Both, i love FF but i also love the RPG style that FF has.

You mean like the tactical battle system they use or the storyline?

Grim_Reaper_Rules
06-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Great review on a good game. Well this game was brilliant i still have it on my Slimline PS2 i really enjoyed the game play and enjoyed hours and hours playing on this game.:cool: