PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock - Xbox 360

Capital_Cougar7
18-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock - Xbox 360 (Released 2007)

(Review deleted - Nintengod)

Overall, I found this game very addicting and playing the game with a friend using two guitars will make anyone lose track of time. I don't listen to this type of rock music, but I pretty much enjoyed the songs. Therefore I give this game a

Score: 9/10

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r37/thexboxdomain/Guitar-hero-iii-cover-image.jpg

http://media.gdcdn.com/games/guitar-hero-iii-legends-of-rock/xbox-360/27.jpg

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/images.gamezone.com/screens/32/6/30/s32630_360_20.jpg

http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games/images/promoimages/d/dime/music_mayhem/gh2.jpg

Inferno Strike
27-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Legends of rock in my opinion is the best of the three because it brings back the ROCK factor without unbalencing the GUITAR HERO factor. My favorite one is either slash or the devil. Playing The Devil Went Down to Georgi was awesome considering that thats were i'm from.:D Nice review by the way and sweet pics.

Apocalypse
27-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Nice review man, but i have it for wii, and ill give it a 8/10 because theres not enough songs :(

Capital_Cougar7
27-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks Guys =)

samihostan
31-12-2007, 06:35 PM
nice one. best game ever!!!

sami hostan

Sumfingwong
10-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Has anyone noticed a different lag time between the Wii and the 360 when playing the game. I can't hit a note on the Wii.

The real gamer_thing
12-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Good review, but....

The Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock gameplay remains unchanged from previous titles in the series; the player must hit notes as they scroll towards the bottom of the screen in time with music in order to maintain their performance and to score points. Hitting notes using the guitar controller requires strumming the strum bar while holding down the correct fret button(s). Playing with the standard controller only requires the correct button to be pressed. This game pretty much takes some time getting used to, and I would suggest playing it on easy before you think about playing it normal just so you can get used to the game.

Career Mode:
As with previous Guitar Hero games, a player will progress through multiple tiers of songs, unlocking new songs along the way. The single player career mode in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock features 8 tiers with 42 songs total. The player is required to complete a number of songs in each tier, the number depending on the difficulty level, and then is offered an encore performance with one additional song. After a tier is complete, a new tier is introduced. New in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock are career mode boss battles; at three points during the career mode, the player is required to compete against a boss character: Tom Morello, Slash, and Lou the Devil, in order to progress; however, after three attempts, the player is given the option to skip the battle if they so choose[citation needed]. Each successfully completed song earns in-game money that the player can use at the game's store to unlock new characters, outfits, guitars and finishes, bonus songs, and videos. Additionally, beating a song in career mode unlocks it for play in all other game modes.

Co-op Career Mode:
Two players using the same console can participate in Co-op Career Mode, which is arranged similarly to the single player Career mode, with one player on lead guitar and the other on bass or rhythm guitar. There are only 6 tiers of songs, with each encore song being unique to the co-op mode. There are no boss battles in this mode. Co-op Career mode cannot be performed through networked players.

Battle Mode:
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock introduced Battle Mode, a competitive mode between two players either locally or over network play.The mode puts a twist on the Pro Face-off mode introduced in Guitar Hero II. Two players compete against each other, trying to make his or her opponent fail or lose by successfully playing "Battle Power" sequences (which replaces Star Power) to earn attacks that can be used against the opponent. Players can store three attacks at a time. To activate these temporary attacks, the player tilts his or her guitar upward, or presses the back button. If neither player fails the song, they will face each other in a Sudden Death segment, where all further "Battle Powers" attainable are Death Drain attacks, which inevitably makes the opponent fail by draining his or her Rock Meter.

Why have you copied all this straight from Wikipedia?

Sumfingwong
12-01-2008, 01:14 AM
I think the 9/10 wasn't quite deserved though, there weren't enough songs. Though you could buy more off of XBL.

GameNation
16-01-2008, 04:25 AM
I'm not sure if its allowed or not but... the part of the review where it describes the gameplay modes is copied word for word from Wikipedia, as The real gamer_thing has stated. Maybe it's allowed and I don't know it, but I was just curious.

Nintengod
16-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Plagiarising material from other websites IS breaking the rules. Therefore, thread is closed.

Please DO NOT copy from other reviews. We want original reviews, original idea's and thoughts on a game..... :mad:

Tulldot
18-08-2008, 11:10 PM
There always never have been the best graphics in guitar hero but its guitar hero man... so fun to play

perez118
25-08-2008, 02:02 PM
This game is very fun, just don't overplay it or you'll get bored and won't want to play it again (happened to my friend).

Star Hustler
25-08-2008, 11:46 PM
I love this game! ^^