PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 4 collectors pack

P1TCH BLACK
03-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Any body planning on buying the collectors pack for $120 :eek: I played the gamecube version and enjoyed it, I think i'll pass on this version. In case your interested you can pre-order at the capcom store. http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=800059

dtcarson
03-09-2005, 01:17 AM
120 bucks? Wow...What does it come with. a figurine, and what else? Sometimes I'm intrigued by 'collectors sets' but I have to be into the game as well. I have bought the Arc the Lad Collection, and Growlanser Generations Deluxe set, those are probably the most expensive games I've bought [about 75 bucks each]. And those had more than one game in them, so the value was there as well. Of course, I never really 'used' any of the extras, other than the soundtrack for GG.

hohez
03-09-2005, 01:54 AM
It also comes with a resident evil soundtrack box set. I loved RE4 but I never thought RE was about music, and this seems way way over priced.

With it's limited availability I could see it fetching a pretty penny on ebay down the road though.

swetooth9
03-09-2005, 02:08 PM
well..this version is good enough for me...
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/259116.asp
it's the premium edition

or, if your strapped for cash, just get the game alone...no frills...

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257884.asp

Kill Phil
03-09-2005, 05:44 PM
$120? Good god. That's heavy. Usually, when I see a "Collector's Edition" or "Limited Edition" of a game, I usually snag it up, but no way am I spending that much on it (and even if I wanted to, I can't). I'll stick with the Premium Edition (even though I already own RE4 on the GC).

swetooth9
04-09-2005, 04:04 PM
yea, i'll have to get one of the ps2 ones b/c i dont have a GC...hopefully it will be as good as the GC version, just with less better graphics...hopefully the framerate will be smooth *crosses fingers*

i never played a resident evil game before and this game has gotten the most hype for a RE game...hope it's good :)

Attilitus
27-11-2005, 07:02 AM
I have said this many times on these forums... but I will say it again. There is no reason to spend more money than necessary for a game. If that means that I have to purchase resident evil 4 in a "regular" non-uber-special-edition package... that is just fine with me!

swetooth9
27-11-2005, 07:11 AM
I have said this many times on these forums... but I will say it again. There is no reason to spend more money than necessary for a game. If that means that I have to purchase resident evil 4 in a "regular" non-uber-special-edition package... that is just fine with me!

at least the normal edition is 40 MSRP and the special edition is 50...i was hoping that the regular one was less than 50 :)

Attilitus
27-11-2005, 07:13 AM
If there was a 1cent difference I still wouldn't pay it... I guess I am just cheap like that... ^_^

swetooth9
27-11-2005, 07:20 AM
If there was a 1cent difference I still wouldn't pay it... I guess I am just cheap like that... ^_^

that would be a stupid decision....but to each their own :)

Attilitus
27-11-2005, 07:22 AM
It is not a stupid decision... didn't your mother ever teach you that a penny saved is one less penny your neighbor will have to buy a new bigscreen television in order to hijack your monopoly over monday football nights?

swetooth9
27-11-2005, 07:26 AM
It is not a stupid decision... didn't your mother ever teach you that a penny saved is one less penny your neighbor will have to buy a new bigscreen television in order to hijack your monopoly over monday football nights?

yes, she did...but a crazy cool box and a few extras is most definitely worth a penny :p

Attilitus
27-11-2005, 07:27 AM
I would prefer to maintain my monopoly over monday football night... but that is just me. o_0

swetooth9
27-11-2005, 07:32 AM
I would prefer to maintain my monopoly over monday football night... but that is just me. o_0

again..to each their own...shiney box > monopoly over monday night football any day :p

Attilitus
27-11-2005, 07:37 AM
Shiny things do have a tendency to attract you don't they. ;)

Scott croft
08-03-2006, 07:48 PM
I got a fancy Resident evil collectors pack in my local game shop it cost 55 but I got chainsaw, how they created it dvd, a figurine of Leon, the game [obviously], and a bonus second disk:p .

The dvd of how they created the game is cool it shows you how they did all the graphics and special affects:D
The chainsaw's just a controller:)
And the bonus second disk is more of how they did the game what the controlls were supposed to be in the first place and that kinda thing:D