PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling IM going to like it here. + Questions

Evilmau5
03-01-2013, 11:27 AM
New Year, new forum.
Yeah. Im going to be here for a loooong time whether you like it or not. :D
I haz a few questions about this forum though.
One: Do you need to manually find every thread youve posted on or is there a short cut?
Two: What are the usergroups like here?
Three: What usergroup do I get a custom title?
Four: What is the reputation thing about at bottom of posts?

A little about me:
Im an xbox kind of guy and I really like stealth games, Dishonored being one of them. I live for the story in a game. If it doesnt have a good story I probably wont play it. Also I love multiplayer games. My favorite game ever is Team Fortress 2 (damnit valve why cant you count to three? Anybody get it? No? Okay.)
All my names on all forums is Evilmau5. Because I really like the dubsteppifier guy Deadmau5 in case you didnt know.
I also used to be a Pojoer until this September. Please dont judge me!

Draziak
03-01-2013, 11:48 AM
1) I think there is a search box and thread tags you can use to find threads quickly
2) There are user groups (new member > active member > senior member and so on)
3) You need to be a senior member to be able to get a custom title
4) Reputation is given mainly if you find a post helpful/reliable/whatever, but it can be like a "LIKE" button on facebook, but you can only give one member a certain amount of rep per day or something like that.

Well I welcome you to the forum anyways, I hope my answers have been helpful to you, stick by the rules and you're half way there =)

-DK

Evilmau5
03-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Thanks! How many posts until the next usergroup?

Also your sigs. I like that ****. Whats the guys name?

Vault Hunter
03-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks! How many posts until the next usergroup?

To move up to senior member (the light blue name) you need a minimum of a 1000 posts, over 50 rep points and to have been a member of the GF community for a year.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the forum so much already Evilmau. It's always nice to hear positive feedback from new members :)

Cronus
03-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Welcome to GF

Once you have got enough posts, you can post a request for a custom sig in the graphics section of the forum.

Evilmau5
03-01-2013, 02:19 PM
OMG. This forum is great... Wait so how many posts until Active Member? Also a year... Thats a long time. ANYWAYS.

Archangel
03-01-2013, 04:15 PM
It is but I've now been here two years so it's obviously not a bad forum. Active member won't take you too long, just consistently post worthwhile stuff and you'll hit that soon enough.

Hyunshi
03-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Any Threads you like/Create you can Subscribe too so you get notified when someone posts. You can do it in settings so every thread you post/create you automatically subscribe too.

I'm so close too the year *-* Have everything else to get too Senior member except for the 1 year one.

Evilmau5
03-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Any Threads you like/Create you can Subscribe too so you get notified when someone posts. You can do it in settings so every thread you post/create you automatically subscribe too.

I'm so close too the year *-* Have everything else to get too Senior member except for the 1 year one.

Wait then how do you have the custom title of GFMaster?

Hyunshi
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Wait then how do you have the custom title of GFMaster?

You get a new title at 50, 100,500,1000 & 1500. When you become a Senior Member you can change it too whatever.

Evilmau5
03-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks I gave you all reputation for being so helpful!

Hyunshi
03-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks I gave you all reputation for being so helpful!

Come too Think of it I think it is 100,250,500,1000,1500.
But yeah no problem xD

llamalord333
05-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Hi there... im new here too and just noticed you like playing multiplayer games and based on the fact you said TF2 as one of your games im ganna guess you play pc games aswell? if so do you play league of legends?

Evilmau5
05-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Im not that big of a Moba player so no, ;)
I do play DOTA sometimes.

llamalord333
05-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Ah dota... i was never realy a fan of dota which is ironic being that LoL was just trying to be dota XD

Vyse the Legend
05-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Wow someone who has actually posted a lot in a few days haha, a real rarity.

Welcome to the forum, seems you have fit in already.