PDA

View Full Version : Graphic novels

Anders
20-08-2013, 06:07 PM
I've recently acquired a taste for graphic novels, and was wondering if anyone could recommend me something to read. So far I've read Punk Rock Jesus and the Kick-Ass series, and I'm probably gonna borrow my brother's copy of Watchmen. Anything else I should read?

Vault Hunter
20-08-2013, 07:02 PM
V for Vendetta is a good read if you get round to it.
Also if you're a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender at all, the current graphic novel series they've got going on is pretty awesome.

Anders
20-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Also if you're a fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender at all, the current graphic novel series they've got going on is pretty awesome.

WHAT?! Why was I not informed that this exists? I'm a huge Avatar fan, I'm definitely gonna read this.

Vault Hunter
21-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Oh they're really good! Honestly, not enough people know about them. They bridge the gap between the End of Book 3 and the beginning of The Legend of Korra pretty nicely. They also do a decent job of filling the void caused by no Book 4 for Aang's story. So far they've done a good job of answering some of the questions the show never got round to answering, the biggest one of which is currently the the main focus of the plot.

If you're interested, they released, "The Promise" last year, which was a three issue story set about a year after the events of the end of the show. This year they've got "The Search", which is currently 2/3 done. The final issue of The Search is due to release in November and I can't wait ^^

Agent_Nycto
29-08-2013, 03:35 AM
If you're up for a bit of the ol' ultraviolence, I suggest reading Priest. A bad-ass priest suddenly gets the power of the voice of God, and starts an epic journey with a trained assassin and an Irish vampire to KILL GOD.

Fable is an amazing story, about the beings from fairy tales living, hidden and in exile, in New York City. It's got more twists than a pretzel factory.

Sandman is a classic, written by Neil Gaiman. It's about the anthropological personification of dreams and sleep, and his siblings, such as Death. If you like any mythological or folkloric reading, you'll get a kick out of this series.