PDA

View Full Version : The World Ends With You - DS

CW
08-10-2008, 01:38 AM
The World Ends With You-Nintendo DS (2008)

Although the title of the game may seem “slightly clumsy”, The World Ends with You is no ordinary game at all. The world ends with you is a totally completely new RPG game that no-one has ever made before. As soon as you look at the box and see the square enix logo and the comic-styled spiky haired characters, you would be thinking,” I seen this all before”. You would be wrong. Very wrong indeed.

The battles and fights are very, very different to any other game. The touch screen sees you using the stylus to control Neku, the main character in the game. Neku attacks using pins, which create psyches which he uses to attack. On the top screen is your partner, who attacks using the D-Pad (or face buttons for left handed people). Initially this is very confusing, but as you progress through the game you skills increase and you will be able to control both the top screen and bottom screen characters. By using this unique battle system, it allows for some serious depth and some chaotic battles.

The storyline is very complex, but as you play through the game it all unravels and starts to make sense. The story goes a little like this-Neku, a typically surly teen wakes up in a district called Shibuya with amnesia. Shibuya is one of the trendiest districts in Tokyo, where fashion comes first. You find yourself in the middle of something called the game. To find out what the game is, well, play it yourself. By telling you what the game is ruins one of the great twists in the story, but I will tell you something about the game. It’s run by the composer and his army of reapers, who set tasks for you to complete. These tasks can be puzzling and sometimes hard, but failures in the tasks results in you being erased.

This has to be a must have game and is probably one of the best titles to get on DS. Its great dialogues and graphics will have you gazing into the screen wishing you were actually there. But one of the most absorbing things of all about the game is the amazing soundtracks. The songs are so catchy and you will be humming them to yourself wherever you go. Overall this game must be one of the finest games out there on DS and is definitely a must have for any gamer.

Overall Rating:
9.5/10

http://www.wiiwii.tv/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/twewy6.jpg

http://www.atomicgamer.com/screenshots/game-2639/52695-160.jpg

Written by sozettaslow

RabidDemon
09-10-2008, 01:27 AM
sweet reiview! i would buy it... to bad i cant.

Breaking Glass
09-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Great review! I had never heard about this game before, but this sounds really interesting.

Vyse the Legend
09-10-2008, 12:08 PM
That's a pretty good first review there Sozetta, nice work.

I'd never heard of the game, until I asked you about it, but if I get the chance to try it I might, seems pretty good, even if, a little strange.

sozettaslow
09-10-2008, 09:14 PM
thanks guys for all the comments about my first review!! :D

Star Hustler
10-10-2008, 12:59 PM
I seen this game on the shelves, But i did not buy it or ever played it. It looks really cool though. :)

Nice review nonetheless.

sozettaslow
10-10-2008, 07:52 PM
thanks again for the comments on my review :):) :)

Talentz
10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Yes this looks great I saw It in a game magazine somewhere,I love rpg like that.

sozettaslow
10-10-2008, 09:58 PM
you should get it this game is really good :)

Vyse the Legend
10-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Hey Sozetta, just a thought, if you can fit it in, and especially on some more not well known titles you may review, if you could put up a pic of the box, I think that may help some people know what to look for in shops, if they are interested. I mean I was out today, and saw the box art for this game for the first time, and it looked really good, just a shame I had no money on me at the time. :p

thebluesamurai
11-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Hey, man. I'm tempted to get this game.
Quick question first...

How does it play when compared to Final Fantasy? And Tales of...?

sozettaslow
11-10-2008, 04:39 PM
man its completely different to final fantasy. in fact i prrefer twewy