Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Attention PC Gamers - GamesForum matches

For many years, we have quested down our separate paths, converging only at GamesForum.com, this social hub which we all use to tell tales, boast, and argue about who has the bigger penis.

But now, through the magic of 'teh intarweb', we can join up and journey forth together. Toil alone no longer, for now when you die frustratingly, you have chums alongside you to whom you can convey your mild irritation! And when you die humiliatingly, legs either side of a steel handrail, you may be so lucky to have those same chums in the vicinity, cackling and screenshotting, all the while reminding you how much of a n00b you are.

What I am trying to say, in my own long winded way, is that we'd like to play some games with you. Freezeflamer, Rapture and I have discussed this, and have decided that it would be totally fricking awesome.

We recommend that you download Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/), and join the GamesForum group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gamesforumcom). After downloading Steam, you'll be able to download Half-Life 2: Deathmatch for free (Nvidia and ATI GPU owners only).

The games that we're currently planning on playing are:

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch - It's free, so we're hoping for some good numbers. Also, it's good fun, especially with gravity guns - you could stick a fire extinguisher so far up my ****, I'll be producing CO2 as a waste product for months.

Team Fortress 2 - Honestly, as my review (http://www.gamesforum.com/t15200-tea...ress-2-pc.html) states, you really shouldn't be put off by its cartoonish appearance. It's absolutely hilarious, and more entertaining than a Nazi orgy, so long as your name isn't Max Mosley.

Battlefield 2 - Neither Rapture nor Freeze have this, but I'm convinced that enough gamesforum members will own a copy for it to be worth posting up here.

Counter-Strike Source - A classic. You strike, we'll counter.

Left 4 Dead - Unfortunately, I don't have this. Other people do, however, and it is insanely fun. And I am insanely jealous of them.

Source Mods - Require a source game, obviously. There are many to choose from, so whatever you fancy doing, there's a mod for it. And that's why we love Steam.

So yeah, if you're interested, download Steam and join our group. We're not necessarily looking for server filling numbers here, just a band of brothers, willing to put up with each others company in the name of a couple of hours worth of fun. If we get enough interest, we'll put up events on the gamesforum Steam group calendar, or possibly post another thread up about it on these here forums.

I hope to pwn you soon,
    Dante
    Trainee Pwnzor

Cheers Fink

Hey guys,

Posting the links to the free HL2DM and HL2LC deals here.

http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/

NVIDIA Users

http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

ATI Users.

Intel GPU users. You suck.

Possible Entries

Counter-Strike Source

Counter-Strike is hard. CSS is easier. Lots of people have it.

Other suggestions may be added.

Awesome sig by Oxidious

Yeah, that's a good point, if you have any suggestions as to some games we could play, feel free to say.

Cheers Fink

ooh, i have all of those games!

add other source mods, like zombie panic and dystopia
    Who is John Galt?

Left4Dead would be amazing with all you guys.

Hint

Hint

Hint
    The Mothership:

Core2Duo E8400 OC'd - 3.9Ghz
    DFI Lanparty DK P45T2RS
    Dual ATi Radeon HD4870s in Crossfire
    4Gb Corsair DDR2 Dominators
    Thermaltake Armor Jr.

I'm instantly saying no flipping way to ZPS. (Left4Dead is much better and less complicated)

Synergy can be considered. Distopia. Never played it.

Awesome sig by Oxidious

Here's a thought - How about making a GamesForum guild on an MMO like World of Warcraft or Warhammer Online? Personally, I've given up on WoW, but I might get Warhammer Online.

Cheers Fink

Something free would be good.

Not RuneScape. Before some idiot says.

Anyone suggest a good MMO? I like Archlord.

Awesome sig by Oxidious

Quote Originally Posted by freezeflamer View Post
    Something free would be good.

Not RuneScape. Before some idiot says.

Anyone suggest a good MMO? I like Archlord.
    Ughh, I hate Archlord. Perhaps Guild Wars, or Guild Wars 2, if you don't mind waiting for its release.

Cheers Fink

Fair enough.

Guild Wars.

Sounds good - but having to buy it with all of it's expansion packs. Meh.

Awesome sig by Oxidious