Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.

GF Review Announcements & Rules

Seems like some people don't read the rules before writing up a review, so look if anyone wishes to write a review then that's fine, but please take note of this, lately I've been getting some reviews that lack inforamtion, such as >

Key factors
    Positives
    Negatives
    Progression
    Story (without spoilers)
    Gameplay
    Weapons
    Genre
    etc.

From now on, if you don't have a well structured, presentable review, it's not being posted until it becomes acceptable and has a decent set of key elements.

And please, for the love of god, PLAY the game a good bit before you review it, and please don't make the review about other games either, unless it's just for a mention of a similarity in gameplay.

Just remember at least six of these pointers that a review should have.

Try to make it as lengthy as possible, and add your own images to it, and do not forget a gamerscore, it won't be posted without one.

If you're aiming to be a journalist, then you need to be able to construct and make it presentable yourselves.

If you have problems with posting images I'm sure an admin or a mod would be happy to help.

Thank you.

In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    All reviews from non-journalists can submit their reviews to any staff with a green name.

As a GF Editor he makes the choice of who to promote to journalist status, he also has the power to demote you as he sees fit.

He can also edit the review rules with the assistance of a mod/admin, so check back before submitting, incase of changes.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Dark Seducer; 31-01-2011 at 08:58 PM.

I was actually planning on making a Guide for reviewing, should I still do it? Or does this pretty much sum it up?

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Sums it up to me, what really else could you say? If anyone needs help, just say to view most of the reviews we currently have alongside this, and work around them for your own review.

I'd like a guide from Raw aswell, as he's one of the best reviewers on here. Also congratulations to Cal.

/gif~

does it have to have pictures?
    "Where you go doesn't matter, who you kill there does."
    -Captain Olimar, Pikmin series

" Whatever happens, You will always end your days as a mangled mess" -Olimar again.

Click here to level up my card![/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Seducer View Post
    Key factors
    Positives
    Negatives
    Progression
    Story (without spoilers)
    Gameplay
    Weapons
    Genre
    etc.

Wait the games need Weapons and Online? Sigh, looks like my Pong review is going striaght into the recycling bin...

Quote Originally Posted by Sẽnior Rawpowered View Post
    Wait the games need Weapons and Online? Sigh, looks like my Pong review is going striaght into the recycling bin...
    Yeah, what happened to single-player non-fps games?

Quote Originally Posted by Zikato
    Hippin' and a hoppin' and your bippin' and your boppin'

Haha im planning to type up a review on *Shh! Not gonna spoil it*. This will help me thanks

guys what he means by weapons and online is if the game has them include some examples and details on them the game dosent have to have them.

Also if im not a journalist can i still write reviwes i just have to pm them to a mod?

Don't Say It Words, Say It With a Knife!!!