My Humble Suggestions

Hello. Here's my two -c-e-n-t-s- suggestions:

1. I would suggest making the "General forum rules" global, so it would be visible on all forums. I added links to my SIG and didn't knew you are not allowed until you have 30 posts. This would be really useful for all members to see and have no excuse in case of breaking the rules.

2. The Post Icons are not at their best. I would recommend having someone remove their white borders. If you can't find anyone, I volunteer myself. Just send me a PM.
    Heroes of Asgard fight for their kingdom in the Stargate Game

admin
    You can add as sig at any post count. The skin in general is a work in progress

Unless you can get, upon registering, a hand to pop out of the newly registered member's monitor, and proceed to strangle them whilst shoving a copy of the rules in their face, they'll continue to be ignored. Don't think making it visible everywhere would make much of a difference - the sort of members who would be likely to break the rules would have ignored it anyway.
    TRGT - Tosser Racing Gran Turismo

I was not referring to spammers. They post spam regardless of rules, most of the time automatically. I was talking about good intended users who make the mistake of start posting before reading the rules because they searched the forums first for a specific topic.

Anyway, if you don't make them global, I suggest at least add them to the welcome email. I consider it's important all new members read the forum rules before anything else. But that's just me, because I own a forum of my own. I am offering my humble suggestion...
    Heroes of Asgard fight for their kingdom in the Stargate Game

Movie Connoisseur TheDarkKnight's Avatar
    lol i really don't mind any part of this skin. its simplicity is nice.

I myself enjoy this skin. I like the dark feel of it. I was a member of a forum at one point where everything was jet black and it was annoying. And I was a member of a forum that was so bright I swear my eye sight is weaker for it. So this skin is somewhere in the middle and I really like it ^^;

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgchr View Post
    I was not referring to spammers. They post spam regardless of rules, most of the time automatically. I was talking about good intended users who make the mistake of start posting before reading the rules because they searched the forums first for a specific topic.

Anyway, if you don't make them global, I suggest at least add them to the welcome email. I consider it's important all new members read the forum rules before anything else. But that's just me, because I own a forum of my own. I am offering my humble suggestion...
    To be honest, the rules are pretty self explainatory really, most people with some common sense should be able to use the forum without breaking any rules. If anyone does break any minor rules, than we usually either warn them, or just set them straight for future reference, more often than not, no harm is caused. And generally the only people who break larger rules are spammers/advertisers, or general idiots who are only here to stir things up.

So I don't really think rules need to be sent via the welcome message, the FAQ and stickies cover all the real basics, should anyone care to see them, (which let's be honest, most people don't.)

Quote Originally Posted by cw695356 View Post
    You can add as sig at any post count. The skin in general is a work in progress
    a working progress which has been looked at for a year lol