Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar

While we're at it...

I seen this feature on another forum,and thought while you're updating!
    Say if you donate so much money to the forum, you become like a 'premium member' with features Etc, like Name in a different colour or something, this could bring in added revenue to the forum and such.Ability to close your OWN threads, this could make the mod's jobs a tad easier, Thoughts?
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

Any kind of self-moderation is an almost certain disaster waiting to happen. And I don't really see anything the forum could offer to "premium" members.
    Is there a future to come out of this useless time? Will I exist in a place like this?
    If I wanted to tell you what kind of person I am, the words I'd use would be "good for nothing."

Nemo
    Im par with Serenity here. Sorry to say..donations are nice but self-moderation as it was put wont work so well here.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Well the forum I used to belong to had the Premium member option, which was something that I did. In truth, whilst it looks nice and makes you stand out more, the actual perks weren't really that great. Things like being able to have more PM space, include more smilies in posts, pretty trivial things really. And whilst I'm sure the extra income would be great, I really can't see many people here, (especially considering the age of most people here,) wanting to fork out money for this.

Banned
    i would have to agree with the others,unless you put a shop? like buy t-shirts with quotes of users that are famous or funny? or make a custom shirt with your username and sig on it?

I'd fork out a little extra cash to get nifty stoof, depending on what the stuff was though.

Self-moderation hehe...ah, although it would be nice for obvious reasons it's just not gunna' happen for the reasons that unfortunately, not all people are considerate.
    regards,

KolT

Agreeing with most, from what I've seen of Premium options they're hardly worth it. On one forum Premium members got their own exclusive section, for example........similarly, there was once a section for Senior Members here, was hardly ever used. If the forum really would want to be open to donations the best thing to do would just have a big donate button somewhere, it would likely have the same effect as tacking on extras with it.
    TRGT - Tosser Racing Gran Turismo

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nextadi View Post
    i would have to agree with the others,unless you put a shop? like buy t-shirts with quotes of users that are famous or funny? or make a custom shirt with your username and sig on it?
    Haha, now that would be pretty epic. I'd pay money to get some cool t-shirts of GF related moments, quotes or pictures.

Going back to the former forum I mentioned earlier, they did sell various branded stuff, like mugs, shirts, stationary, though no idea how popular they were....can't imagine very, given the cost to produce all the merchandise.

I don't think merchandise would be popular..

Quite a lot of sites/forums acutally sell merchandise, but from what I've heard they are not very popular at all. I only think the die hard, die harder, est' fan would buy or wear any sites clothes.
    regards,

KolT

Banned
    hey, it would still be funny to have like kirboy or somebody on your shirt....