Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Book Section

Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggler View Post
    I personnaly like the idea of a media section dedicated to music and movies and reading material... not just books but comics and graphic novels too (reading materials).
    THAT sounds a lot better!

Quote Originally Posted by Juggler View Post
    I enjoy a good read, or audio book, and at the moment am revisiting the Shannara series by Terry Brooks. Think I am on book 12 of the 21 book series at the moment. I first read the original series back in the 70's. They are about a land of diverse cultures and peoples, all with one common enemy, that have to overcome their differences and work as one if they are to survive and using the 'old' ways they...... hmmm guess the rest can wait for a read section if we get one.
    This proves a point - we could discuss stuff like this.

Also, the GFX section has little followers, but is popular.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Fusion View Post
    THAT sounds a lot better!
    Nextadi said that. You didn't say that to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zikato
    Hippin' and a hoppin' and your bippin' and your boppin'

Nemo
    If he did im sorry i didnt see it user of a billion names!

Oh, my feelings. You've crushed them, with your harsh words.

ANYWAY, I hope this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zikato
    Hippin' and a hoppin' and your bippin' and your boppin'

Jed.... think I just qualified a reading section not just for books but for all reading materials... that was the slight difference there.

admin
    Give it a months trial. I had a look around and I could find 3 threads related to this. I think it would be worse than the iphone section

Think that is a fare thing to do Chris... so guys it is up to us of we want to keep this section.

admin
    If we dont trial it then we'll all just argue about it and nothing will ever get done. If its gets used then im more than happy to keep it as its not like it costs us anything

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Fusion View Post
    @TRGT No your "logic" doesn't make sense, with sectioning the said topics such as film, music and TV it becomes easier for the average user to find the right section to post a thread in in which topic they please. So no all in one big section would just be messy and unorganized.
    I don't think you understood what I was getting at. In my belief not one of these sections is necessary, for obvious reasons which I've already referred to. I think, with the exception of General Chat (being lenient) they should all go. At least if they were all in one it wouldn't take up a sizable portion of the homepage and the clutter within might put people off it altogether. Well, not likely at all really, but still. Either way, I'm against this new idea. It hasn't been frequently discussed and we shouldn't give it the opportunity to be frequently discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by cw695356
    its not like it costs us anything
    Hmmm, I don't know about that.................
    TRGT - Tosser Racing Gran Turismo

I think a book section would be fantastic. Just a section to talk about the books you are reading or comics and manga. I would gladly post in all of those lol I'm a huge bookworm and I'm sure there are some people on here that wouldn't mind having one. It's not like it's going to hurt someone or take up space. Hell you don't even have to look at it if you don't want to. There's no reason NOT to give it a chance, that's just an asshole thing to do in my opinion.