The Good Member Guide
While these are not 'rules' per se, they are important. We want to encourage quality members here. If you are going to contribute to this forum, you should take note!
1. Give an opinion and back it up with a reason. Throwaway comments are pointless at best, and inflammatory at worst.
2. Give your own opinions, not those copied and pasted from reviews or opinions of your friends.
3. Don't post only one word, unless the occasion really calls for it. One word posts are boring to read. We're trying to create a popular forum here with interesting content to attract new users. Why not encourage that?
4. Read the thread you're posting in before you post!
5. Use the SEARCH button if you are looking for information. You may find your question has already been answered in a previous thread.
6. Read stickied Threads!
7. Do not type as if you were in a chat room or typing on your phone. Using single letters to fill in for words is a bad idea. Please try to use the correct grammar. Type out so others can understand it. There is no rush to get to the end of your post so take your time.
8. Try to have a point to your post.
9. There is filtering on swear words here and any attempt to bypass this will result in a warning at the minimum.
10. Members are expected to be kind to other members, no flaming or insulting of members is allowed. A debate is encouraged, but when things get personal that's a step too far.
11. However! Don't be a sissy either. If someone's opinion differs from your own, it doesn't always mean they're out to get you. Before you cry wolf or get into a spat, think about what they're saying, and take a deep breath if necessary.
12. And hopefully we can all get along