Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Press X To Rescue Orphans Ride the Walrus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cw695356 View Post
    Im not sure monthly is a great idea but feel free to try it. I think rep points is probably the best reward (read easiest to do)
    There you go Fusion, you've got the 'Don's blessing
    Died Wearing A Purple Jacket.

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    Honey, I ****ed the kids

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Panda Ninja View Post
    theres only red, white, blue, green, purple, red and beige. that's not alot.
    Ok, if you say so.

/gif~

GF Active Member
    on other forums i've been on awards tend to cause arguments/favouritism/ass kissing/were actively used the first two/three times before people lost interest

i'm not saying that would happen here though, you guys seem to be fairly familiar with each other so i doubt it would cause too much drama hopefully.

I don't think it's active enough for a user of the month. The winner would probably end up being the person who pulled the funniest joke in the shoutbox each month.

And as far as I'm concerned, the prize ideas listed so far offer little incentive to contribute, especially outside the active members - which, surprise surprise, would be contributing anyway. The coloured name for instance would be useless after (or if) UOTM runs for a while, loads of people could have gold names and it would completely lose its value (as well as get lost in the ever increasing GF rainbow).

Quote Originally Posted by delectable View Post
    on other forums i've been on awards tend to cause arguments/favouritism/ass kissing/were actively used the first two/three times before people lost interest.
    Last time this thing ran here arguing wasn't a problem actually, and it's unlikely that would change if this was started again, given that this is a relatively small community.
    TRGT - Tosser Racing Gran Turismo

GF Active Member
    fair enough then, there's no reason not to do it as long as there is an active/large enough memberbase that the same people aren't repeatidly nominated (perhaps you can't be the winner twice in a row....but if you were the winner before your vote counts for more?)

I like the Idea, seems fun and harmless. Why not?
    Love to Play the blues
    Fender Stratocaster

Movie Connoisseur TheDarkKnight's Avatar
    I have no opinion on whether we should do it or not, nor do I have any interest in conciously trying to win it, because that's just plain ridiculous. If it goes down, however, I do think it should just be +rep.

Banned
    that might be the easiest to do then i guess. i vote just +rep then

Nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by cw695356 View Post
    Im not sure monthly is a great idea but feel free to try it. I think rep points is probably the best reward (read easiest to do)
    I go with Rep and may be a sig? I will do a little thread in a while with rules etc..is it ok if i run it and then pass the winner onto you to give the said rep.

can be closed

admin
    you can do a sig if you want. ill close