Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1120
    I completed Ori and the Blind Forest yesterday, it was alright. I found it quite frustrating at times. I'm not really that good at platformers but I enjoyed it for the most part.

It was a couple of weeks ago but I bought Life is Strange in the steam sale and loved it, if Witcher 3 didn't come out in 2015 it would have been my game of the year. Loved the story, the characters and even the dodgy dialogue (which I think added to it in a weird way).

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Ori and the Blind Forest was pretty fantastic. The visuals and audio made the game for me, but i did like how the gameplay was typically a little more difficult than the average platformer - especially in the escape sections (which were highlights). I've got my eyes on the extended version which is due out soon, though whether i get it or not will depend on just what the extra content is. If it's just challenges i'm probably out.

The dialogue in Life is Strange didn't bother me until the final episode, where Max defiantly says 'eat **** and die'. Pop culture references were the lifeblood of the game's world, but there is a time and a place; that just seemed too ridiculous to me.

I recently finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's good, but really just feels like more of the same. The new pieces of equipment either work too similarly to her gear from the previous expedition or aren't given enough time to really make a difference. The Arkham games were really good at throwing a couple of new gadgets your way wth each new game, and relegating some of the staples from the previous to almost non-use. That kept things fresh, and is something RotTR could have done with.

As a result, exploration teetered on being too tedious for me... which definitely wasn't the case on Lara's previous adventure.

While Ori and the Blind Forest looked fantastic, it just didn't make me feel like I was playing a great game.

The only line of dialogue I had a problem with in Life is Strange is "bidness" in the first episode while some of the other words used would never be used in real life, it fitted in with the game world quite well.

Started and finished Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons yesterday, it was alright. Can't really say much about it because I didn't think anything was that good about it but nothing was bad either.

Finished Child of Light, was decent and looked nice. It didnt do anything bad but it never really did anything great either.

I thought Rubella was quite a cleverly-written character. The way she had trouble blending in with the game world's unusual cadence, and how she was the only upbeat member of the cast was pretty smart. Aside from that, the visuals and Coeur de Pirate's musical score it wasn't that great though.

Valiant Hearts was better.

I most recently finished The Bureau. It's a game that Mass Effect 2 seemed to pave the way for. More action games should experiment with dialogue trees; you don't necessarily need robust RPG features as well.

Valiant Hearts was great, is The Bureau the xcom one? I have it on PC, didn't enjoy it, although according to steam I only played 84 minutes so I probably didnt give it too much of a chance.

That's the one. I actually liked it more than Xcom... but that's probably because i'm not too fond of strategy games. The Bureau is very much a 'b-tier' game with wonky animations and not terribly great graphics, but it's enjoyable.

It's just a shame that it is so short. 10 hours just isn't enough if you want a player to feel attached to a home base and the people within.

I finished Risen 3: Titan Lords last night. It's not as good as Risen 2, but in my opinion no game is. It's still incredibly enjoyable... just a little bit more 'gamified' than its predecessors, what with the mini-map and slightly less involved quests with fewer obscure and non-obvious ways of resolving quests.

Last game I beat was Tales From The Borderlands. Absolutely fantastic game, can't recommend it enough if you're a Borderlands fan or even just a fan of Telltale style games. I'm man enough to admit I cried a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

I dont know this game, it's on PC?

I finished Dark Souls III recently. It took me about 22 hours to finish it off, which, I'm told, is a rather breakneck speed. I don't really consider myself particularly skilled as a gamer or anything like that, nor do I know if this is better than average for the public at large. I plowed through it in less than a week, and considering it took me 110 hours to beat the first game, I think it's poetic justice. In-retrospect, Dark Souls III is my least favorite of the series, however. Behind Dark Souls, Dark Souls II, and Demon's Souls.

OOF-Writing.com
    "Insert a super-cool and witty comment that will make them want to click your link here." - Sir Nikolai McCon's III.