Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead 3

Using the force. RobbieLovesXbox's Avatar
    Bill got on my tits really. My favourite character has to be Ellis, I thought he had some fantastic lines/short stories. Some had me in stitches while playing online.
    "It's better to burn out than to fade away." - Kurt Cobain

In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLovesXbox View Post
    Bill got on my tits really. My favourite character has to be Ellis, I thought he had some fantastic lines/short stories. Some had me in stitches while playing online.
    Ellis was a scream, lol, Jimmy Gibbs Jr. is the most memorable one for me. I liked Bill, preferred him over Louis, plus his convos with Zoey.

Using the force. RobbieLovesXbox's Avatar
    oh christ I forgot about Zoe, any moments of AI retardation i'm just putting down as her personality being thick as sh*t haha.
    "It's better to burn out than to fade away." - Kurt Cobain

ChaosLad
    Left 4 dead 2 does have more weapons, enemies, and pretty much more content than the 1st but yet there's something about the origional that i prefer aswell.maybe its the atmosphere or natually hard dificult feel to the game.

as for L4D3 i'd say it will come around. I just hope Valve change it up a bit. like how does multiple routes and even player mutation sound?

imagine your infected by some rare special infected. You have a random time limet (2 to 10 minutes) to find a special kind of antidote or getting to the safehouse before turning into a Tank or Wich and the AI takes over. Would also add an exciting element of either saying nothing hoping to find the antidote in time or tell the other players and risk them helping you or to kill you before you turn.

What would you guys like to see in Left 4 Dead 3???

Well you know, This is a very debatable subject.

And you know this could ALSO be a rumour or a possibly even... A TROLL!!!!!! But who would Troll ValvE?

TREYARCH!!!!! THATS WHO! Im just kidding.

But those are possibility's, the trolling and rumours.

However, There is said to be no more than 5 or 6 at the most Left 4 Deads and I doubt they will make it past L4D 4. They will eventually HAVE to run out of ideas. Unless the Portal World, Half Life World, Left 4 Dead World, Team Fortress and Team Fortress 2 World are ALL the same world.

Which you know, Could ACTUALLY Work out if you think about it!

But it is a rumour and I think Valve will give us AT LEAST one more before they abandon it and It becomes a Classic game in the year 2034 much like todays classics, Quake Wolfenstein and CoD 1. Aswell as Starcraft 1 the soon to be classic.

To be honest, I liked L4D2. I liked it ALOT. But the Characters weren't that good. I liked em in the beginning, with all its New Orleans style such as martigras, but now Im not so sure. I prefer the Characters from Left 4 Dead 1. More of a Modern Style. Just like em Better.

"I Hate Hospitals.. And Doctors n Lawyers and Cops a-"
    "Francis, Is there anything you DONT Hate?"
    "You know What I dont hate? I Dont hate Vests!"
    "...."
    "I Hate Stairs!"

Lol. Good times. Bring back Francis at least!

However, Ellis served me LOTS and LOTS of Lol's with his many storys of Keith.

I nominate to be an 8 Player mode. L4D1 survivors and L4D2 Survivors ALL Together! Yeah! and theyll all have their own interactions and stuff! Thatd be fun.

But for now.. Its just a few markers, spreadsheets a computer, good coding software and a white board at Valve for L4D3 and beyond.

A man can dream though. a Man can dream...

"Murder time, Fun time!"

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLad View Post
    imagine your infected by some rare special infected. You have a random time limet (2 to 10 minutes) to find a special kind of antidote or getting to the safehouse before turning into a Tank or Wich and the AI takes over. Would also add an exciting element of either saying nothing hoping to find the antidote in time or tell the other players and risk them helping you or to kill you before you turn
    That's actually quite an interesting concept. The only problem is that all 8 survivors so far have been completely immune to the infection. I suppose the new characters could be the first none immune character's we've encountered, but that would make contact with the regular infected even more dangerous. I actually think the idea you've come up with could work brilliantly but maybe in a different game? I remember one of the Resident Evil games having a similar concept in which once you were bitten you had so long to find the antidote (which for some reason could be found lying around in bars), before you turned which effectively ended the game. But yeah, as I was saying, you've definitely got something there

I like the soccer-moms idea http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIsxufNSJdI lol

On a serious note, I can't see the 7 characters remaining being replaced by new ones. Perhaps they're planning on killing all survivors like the way they did with Bill overtime. Valve are horrible when it comes to sequels, leaving gamers waiting after their second installments. I reckon the remaining characters will merge and possibly meet another survivor to replace Bill. Valve on the other hand may not even bother with a third installment, due to the fact that almost every game released these days includes Zombies one way or another. Although they did say they weren't finished with it yet, probably just waiting for the current gaming "Zombie phase" to die down.

Fear is the Mind Killer Star Hustler's Avatar
    We don't need Left 4 Dead 3 yet. There's so much fun still to be had on Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 on PC of course. All the different modes valve switches on and off and all the hundreds of professional custom maps that people make that are on par with Valves stuff. It doesn't get any better than that! Lot's of life in Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 still! Not quite sure why they even made console versions of this series. xD

My favorite custom map on Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 are the City 17 and Silent Hill maps. Also the custom I hate mountains campaign was simply genius! That map specifically was so well made and you could tell alot of care went into it, simply amazing.
    Last edited by Star Hustler; 05-09-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoLt View Post
    Not quite sure why they even made console versions of this series. xD
    Maybe because people on the console like it just as much? The 360 version has a huge fanbase and recieves those adjustments aswell, not just PC fans. The dlc that was released after the Sacrifice hasn't arrived on consoles though.

Quote Originally Posted by JoLt View Post
    Not quite sure why they even made console versions of this series. xD
    It's still a great game on the console. Sure we don't get all the custom made maps but to be honest that doesn't bother me.
    Valve had been releasing fresh mutations once a week to keep the game fresh, though I will admit as of late they've kind of dropped the ball on that.
    The levels we do have, are still alot of fun no matter how many times you play them and as Dagger said the fan base is still huge.
    You can easily go on either of the L4D games any day of the week and still find matches very, very easily.