Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 96
  1. #21
    Senior Member willo745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Scygoku View Post
    ^^' amazon did have Quarantine for around 20 used not long ago but the price jumped back up. ?-? you mean .hack//G.U.? It still has pretty good sales it just the series wasn't released in the UK,besides it has some improvements over the first 4 games and an awesome story to boot...oh wait you mean the first 4 games didn't sell very well. I don't think they did that badly if they managed to keep going till Quarantine got released, now Outbreak and Quarantine. Lucky you getting them for that price :P

    @o@ Have you played the other two games yet?
    Well i meant in the UK Scy, they never sold brilliantly which was a shame as the game never gets boring like some do after a few hours.

    Not yet im going to get the 4th game and do a complete run through, i'd love to grab the new set as well lol.

    I have been quite lucky with rpg's tbh i found grandia 2 for something silly like 4 pound brand new. I have pretty much found all my rpg's cheaply in game/gamestation, the only ones i found to be dear were the likes of Squaresoft's early games on ps1.
    [/QUOTE]

    Thanks to Chronic Spender........

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,640
    @o@ I blame Namco Bandai for not advertising the series as much, if you don't really hear about a game then it could be overlooked. Atleast the game did well enough to not be dropped halfway through ^^'

    :P well i'll keep an eye out incase the price drops on Quarantine,its sorta rare and I'd advise getting it on amazon since most other sites want 50+ lol Just make sure it has the dvd included 'o'

    I'd really recommend you pick up GU if you can

    Thats just evil,finding the games for cheap while we paid more for them :P

  3. #23
    Senior Member willo745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    9,056
    Cheers mate i'm going to town this week so i'll keep my eyes open as Cex is right next door to Gamestation and the a new one called grainger games so hopefully i'll get lucky again.

    Always been quite lucky with rpg's mate tbh, i have paid like 30 pound or so for the likes of Xenosaga but mostly the great games like Vagrant story, Disgaea, Hacks, Unlimited saga, i have found most for ten pound or less.

    Best time was when i walked into a few game stores bored and went home with Vagrant story, Disgaea 1, La pucelle tactics, Star Ocean tteot, unlimited saga, Shin megami Lycifers call, Jade Cocoon 1 and 2, and a game called Kings Field for around 37 pound. Was going to buy Saga Frontier but never had a book with it but was very happy that day, never had a bargain like that day lol.
    [/QUOTE]

    Thanks to Chronic Spender........

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,640
    Hope you find it, with some GAME/Gamestation stores closing other shops should see an increase in pre-owned games

    :P thats evil finding them for such a cheap price,begone foul demon!

    Thats one impressive roster of games you managed to get for cheap, must've been one heck of a bargain day lol Best price i've seen in GAME was Xenoblade new for 10,even online its about 20 lol

    Have you got anyway to play NTSC games?

  5. #25
    Senior Member willo745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Scygoku View Post
    Hope you find it, with some GAME/Gamestation stores closing other shops should see an increase in pre-owned games

    :P thats evil finding them for such a cheap price,begone foul demon!

    Thats one impressive roster of games you managed to get for cheap, must've been one heck of a bargain day lol Best price i've seen in GAME was Xenoblade new for 10,even online its about 20 lol

    Have you got anyway to play NTSC games?
    Well funnily enough most times rpg's were priced at say 20-30 pound for a used copy, i asked why so dear and got the usual "they are rare", but i pointed out that ff7-9 on ps1 were not rare but were still priced the same.

    Then the gamestores in town just got cheaper, but tbh most of my bargains were found in the likes of Virgin and hmv, they sometimes had unopened copies for a few pound to get rid of old stock and thats why i always used to check those places.

    I have started losing interest this gen though, i have quite a few to still buy but the likes of ff13 x2 i just dont want, i want the old rpg's back with tb combat but sadly its not going to happen.

    Still i have most ps1 and ps2 rpg's and now i want to start looking at consoles i never owned like dreamcast etc. Just now found there was a wild arms 4 that i didn't even know about lol.
    [/QUOTE]

    Thanks to Chronic Spender........

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,640
    :/ yeah i've seen some PS games at that price,especially in G-Force in Glasgow, clearly you are limiting sales by selling common games at that price.

    :P lucky you,there isnt any of those stores that close by and I don't check them often enough. Usually ebay and amazon lol

    What you can't lose interest in that gen,you need a US PS2 (or magicswap) since alot of games didn't make it here @o@

    Thing about the dreamcast is it breaks very frequently, the laser usually gives out .-. Was a pain playing the Berserk game.

  7. #27
    Senior Member willo745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Scygoku View Post
    :/ yeah i've seen some PS games at that price,especially in G-Force in Glasgow, clearly you are limiting sales by selling common games at that price.

    :P lucky you,there isnt any of those stores that close by and I don't check them often enough. Usually ebay and amazon lol

    What you can't lose interest in that gen,you need a US PS2 (or magicswap) since alot of games didn't make it here @o@

    Thing about the dreamcast is it breaks very frequently, the laser usually gives out .-. Was a pain playing the Berserk game.
    Yeah i've been told about magicswap before on here and i know a few games that never made it here, never played any of the tales series tbh and i want them dammit, about this gen i just cant find any of the games interesting after a few hours tbh mate. RoF is boring me atm, i loved Blue Dragon and Lost Oddysee but the rest haven't really pulled me in, i started infinite undiscovery last week and again it lasted about an hour and i was bored to tears lol.
    [/QUOTE]

    Thanks to Chronic Spender........

  8. #28
    GF Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    82
    what about eternal sonata have ye played that? the battle system kinda plays like the grandia games but sensitive to light and dark spots on the field. its really a beautifull game
    Francesco Dellamorte: Past this tunnel is the rest of the world. What do you think the rest of the world looks like, Gnaghi? Can you imagine it?... You're right. It's beyond imagination.

  9. #29
    Senior Member willo745's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf84 View Post
    what about eternal sonata have ye played that? the battle system kinda plays like the grandia games but sensitive to light and dark spots on the field. its really a beautifull game
    Yeah loved it mate, gorgeous design and artwork. Never completed it though and just never got back to it. Found the battle system a little light though if im honest. I 'd like an rpg like Suikoden again, massive world and lots to collect, too many jrpg's have gone too flashy for my liking, no depth and usually the bs is broke or just plain mash the x button.
    [/QUOTE]

    Thanks to Chronic Spender........

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,640
    Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    Yeah i've been told about magicswap before on here and i know a few games that never made it here, never played any of the tales series tbh and i want them dammit, about this gen i just cant find any of the games interesting after a few hours tbh mate. RoF is boring me atm, i loved Blue Dragon and Lost Oddysee but the rest haven't really pulled me in, i started infinite undiscovery last week and again it lasted about an hour and i was bored to tears lol.
    @o@ you really should,though magicswap seemed like a hassle and not sure if its completely safe,I just got a US PS2 xD @o@ heck yeah,like Tales of the Abyss has a PS2 game though it was re-released on the 3DS and alot of US games are not too expensive...usually lol ^o^ plenty of JRPG and other anime games out there such as FMA and Eureka Seven

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •