Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killzone

Killzone

I just found out that the Killzone 3 multiplayer will be offered free on the PSN soon. It's just the multiplayer and not the actual game. It's free but I'm pretty sure the full features will be 15 bucks. Does anyone thinks this is cool? I had Killzone 3 a while back but when I got my new PS3 I traded most of my old games in with it. It was fun I guess, and multiplayer was ok.
    - Much appreciated

The full game for 15 dollars would be a bargain for those who haven't played it and the free multiplayer sounds bs to me tbh unless its on psn+ for a month or so, just cant see them giving everyone free online play, it wouldn't make financial sense at all.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Nemo
    Do you? Well if you give away a certain amount away it might entice gamers to buy the full game and enjoy the single player. So really this is just a massive marketing stunt to draw in players and keeping the franchise alive

Killzone 3 multiplayer will be free on PSN in a limited level cap format (max lvl 10 of 45 lvls), you will then have the option to purchase the full multiplayer experience (not the full game) for $15 (or what ever they decide to charge in £'s).

I would say Sony are testing the water here and depending on how it's received you could well start seeing more multiplayer elements of popular games (Uncharted, Resistance etc etc etc) being offered as a separate stand alone product.
    [CENTER]

not tried killzone multiplayer, though i managed to get the game for 9.99

though having multiplayer for free sounds tempting on some level, im not sure if it wouldnt do more harm than good - personaly i get dubious of any project which involves full games been released digitaly only - and this can be another extension of this.

I wasn't planning on downloading it, especially after playing it last year.
    - Much appreciated

I just downloaded it and played it for the hell of it and it's not bad. I personally wouldn't say it's worth buying but it's pretty decent.
    - Much appreciated

I ordered the full game for a tenner the other day, so we'll see how that goes lol

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    I ordered the full game for a tenner the other day, so we'll see how that goes lol
    Well worth it mate the mp is actually very good and obviously as you level it gets better.

@ Fusion its a limited level cap and how is it going to entice droves of new players when they can buy the whole game now for the same price if not cheaper, tbh anyone who was tempted would have already got it and any new players paying that price is a moron. Dont really see this as a marketing masterpiece just like some games on psn wherher old or not are still up at 50 pound, 10 pound dearer than the retail price at launch yet they have no overheads, still think this is good marketing?
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Quote Originally Posted by willo745 View Post
    Well worth it mate the mp is actually very good and obviously as you level it gets better.
    Yeah, I figured it'd be a break from the norm a bit. Don't have many games like it, so I figured why not.

General Forum Rules
    Ignorance is not an excuse.