Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Someone is always beating me to the punch these days Arek haha, another sign of getting older.

Anyways, not going to name all the games, as I'm too lazy, but I think my current 100% completion record is 31 games, though I'd be up to at least 50 if online achievements or DLC didn't count. Usually I can't be bothered to go online in most games, and some DLC is just not worth the money, so even though I'd love that extra 100% completion, I end up restraining myself somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by baccarat View Post
    You haven't? My girlfriend dressed up as Harley Quinn when i 100 percented Arkham Asylum.

Not really. I enjoyed the challenge and the fun of doing it was its own reward. I get the impression that even a lot of other gamers find the idea of going out of one's way to unlock all achievements to be a little bit sad.

I don't see why, really. Generally you're rewarded for doing awesome things.
    I'm not going to say its sad. I just don't have the mind set to do it. I play single player games for the adventure. Once I'm done beating Batman Arkham Asylum's story on normal, because I like a bit of a challange, I'm done with the game and ready to go onto my next adventure. I'd rather not spend the extra 5 hours or whatever going around the island solving Riddler challenges. I'd rather spend those five hours getting into the adventure of Batman Arkham City's story.

When I get bored and need a game to play, then I'll go back and beat the game on hard and get that achievement, but not the tedious stuff.

One thing I do different since gamerscore was introduced is I tend to play games on harder difficulties. Never used to bother in the PS2/PS1/Mega Drive days. But my skill has improved slightly as a result.
    Please check out my Blog!

might seem like a weak excuse. But i try my best to grab the main achievements and what i can in a game (for example riddler trophies on route and after in Batman) without chasing after 'silly G' or lengthy time consuming achievements.

Reason being is there are literally so many games i want to play I just don't have the time....really wish i did.

2006 Fifa World Cup
    At Worlds End
    Call Of Duty 2
    Condemned
    Fight Night 3
    Enchanted Arms
    Fifa Road to WC
    Hitman Blood Money
    King Kong
    Lost Via Domus
    Need For Speed Most Wanted
    Oblivion
    Shivering Isles
    Pro Evo 6
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Viva Pinata
    Skyrim

3D Ultra Mini Golf
    Carcassone
    Worms

Also lots were I'm just one or two annoying achievements away.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhWhitePanda View Post
    I'm not going to say its sad. I just don't have the mind set to do it. I play single player games for the adventure. Once I'm done beating Batman Arkham Asylum's story on normal, because I like a bit of a challange, I'm done with the game and ready to go onto my next adventure. I'd rather not spend the extra 5 hours or whatever going around the island solving Riddler challenges. I'd rather spend those five hours getting into the adventure of Batman Arkham City's story.

When I get bored and need a game to play, then I'll go back and beat the game on hard and get that achievement, but not the tedious stuff.
    I agree with you in principle. I just didn't find the Riddler challenges to be tedious. They were a reason to really explore and appreciate the truly awesome setting of the game.

I don't feel the same way about flags in Assassin's Creed, so didn't bother looking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by baccarat View Post
    I just didn't find the Riddler challenges to be tedious. They were a reason to really explore and appreciate the truly awesome setting of the game.

I don't feel the same way about flags in Assassin's Creed, so didn't bother looking for them.

second this, needs to be a point to do it. But silly achievements that take weeks to get don't interest me i'd rather play another campaign

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenesix View Post
    second this, needs to be a point to do it. But silly achievements that take weeks to get don't interest me i'd rather play another campaign
    Another thing about the Riddler trophies is that they unlock challenge maps, character bios and in Arkham City, the patient audio tapes which added another layer to the story for me. It was totally worth the time spent doing it.

Another good thread that I will have to fight the urge to update constantly!

Current Completions inc all DLC:

Assassin's Creed II
    BioShock
    BioShock 2
    Borderlands
    Borderlands 2
    Darksiders
    Darksiders II
    Dead Space
    Dead Space 2
    Dragon Age II
    Dragon Age: Origins
    F.E.3.R
    Fable II
    Fable III
    Gears of War 2
    Hunted: The Demon's Forge
    Left 4 Dead
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Lego Lord of the Rings
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Monday Night Combat
    Oblivion
    Portal 2
    Prototype 2
    Resident Evil 4 HD
    Resident Evil 5
    Resident Evil 6
    Skyrim
    The Walking Dead
    Trine 2
    Last edited by Vault Hunter; 09-02-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Needed updating

I have a whopping 0 games 100%ed. Impressive, I know.

I am 1 achievement short of getting it on Bully though, and I'm also on missing only one in the main game of Saints Row 3, DLC not withstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013