Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good review, I read this the other day and purchased after reading the good reception. So far really enjoying it although not far in, but I like shooting robots for a change.

Not the first time we've seen this though. Poor marketing, release timing and a very dodgy cover art in this instance (it reminds me of cheap games you see in bargain bins) made this one slip by almost unnoticed. Its a shame as i'd go almost as far to say as a standalone title it is possibly better than Mass Effect 1 (gameplay wise at the very least) and that spawned a hell of a polished sequel. Sadly I doubt this series will progress any further, but they could really do some great stuff with such a strong groundwork already laid.
    Last edited by Jenesix; 30-04-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    No chance of any sort of sequel sadly Jen, but no doubt you can thank many of the factors you mentioned for that. Shame really, because for a game that is known by so little, it's generally loved by most of those who have played it.

Thats devastating! Genuinely loving this game so much I'm finding it hard to find any real faults at all, love the character progression and having team mates (which you can choose from) and the French robot is awesome. I haven't been this hooked on a 3rd Person shooter since Gears 1 which at the time was something else. If i can get this excited about a 3rd person shooter this far on its gotta be something special.

True, it just has this personality, something else that makes it stand out above most other shooters, even more so with it being a side alone franchise, than many of the long running ones we can mention.

Though whilst I do really love the game, I wouldn't say that it's not without some issues, and bar how fun the story and characters are, nothing else really stood out as being amazing, just an overall great game. But maybe that's why I like it so much, because instead of having great graphics, or great gameplay, but lacking the rest, this had a good mixture of everything.

Just finished it, I didn't think it was any shorter than a gears game to be honest and I loved Cain as a character. After seeing the post credits scene now though I think the storyline is fairly wrapped up and doesn't need a sequel, although it would be great to see one! I agree with Vyse it was just an overall good mixture of everything which makes a change.

I loved the ending.... well the 'best' ending, but then I'm a sop for all that sort of stuff haha. It does clearly feel wrapped up, but the content is there should, (not that it will happen, but hey,) a sequel decide to come to light at any stage.

But I think as is the case with Bulletstorm, and many others titles, that whilst a sequel does sound really nice, some people are happy that for once a game can wrap up and finish in one game, and not start spawning needless sequels, expanding on things that make no sense, and thus ruining the franchise to some degree.

very good game.

Its a very good game I need it.