Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number of PMs

Number of PMs

I remember raising this before, so with the risk of sounding like a broken record here goes,

can we please have more PM space for the sentimental freaks (i.e. me) on here? I want to keep my old messages just cos I love em! Or, is there any way I can suppress my old ones so that they take up less space on here? Especially for members who stick around, I can't be the only one (pun unintended) who needs more space?

If it is just me then forget it I'll have to delete some but I'd love it if more space was available

Thanks Boss!
    And thanks Eclair- without whom this image would be tiny

Quote Originally Posted by 1 & only View Post
    I remember raising this before, so with the risk of sounding like a broken record here goes,

can we please have more PM space for the sentimental freaks (i.e. me) on here? I want to keep my old messages just cos I love em! Or, is there any way I can suppress my old ones so that they take up less space on here? Especially for members who stick around, I can't be the only one (pun unintended) who needs more space?

If it is just me then forget it I'll have to delete some but I'd love it if more space was available
    You can download any messages you want to keep to your computer

Does get on my nerves though as i keep having to delete messages every 5 minutes. Maybe a clear out of members who visited once and haven't been seen in years could be culled thereby giving a little bit more space to members.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

^I like that idea (the second one, not the downloading one )

Thanks Boss!

Prosecuting with style Vyse the Legend's Avatar
    Something in the back of my mind makes me think we only used to have a 100 PM limit in the past, but honestly I think 200 should be enough for most people.

Remember that the space includes both your inbox and sent items. I'd imagine in some longer conversations with people that both will contain similiar messages, so you could probably get rid of a fair lot in one or the other, without worrying about losing them forever.

It is for most people Vyse and i personally dont care about deleting messages but i can understand people might want to keep certain messages for sentimental reasons. i'm sure a lot of accounts have amassed over the years where we will never see those people again and surely space can be used from getting rid of them, or how about giving people like One a bit more space if they ask for it? just an idea.
    [/QUOTE]

Oh I agree some people like to keep older messages, heck wierdly enough I went and edited quite a lot of mine just yesterday, and did also want to keep a few of them that meant something important.

If it's easy enough to increase the limit without the need for any other changes to the board, then it shouldn't hurt to strongly consider this. Just if it means a lot of time for CW to do, and requires other updates in the process, then might be something some people just have to grin and bare with sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse the Legend View Post
    Oh I agree some people like to keep older messages, heck wierdly enough I went and edited quite a lot of mine just yesterday, and did also want to keep a few of them that meant something important.

If it's easy enough to increase the limit without the need for any other changes to the board, then it shouldn't hurt to strongly consider this. Just if it means a lot of time for CW to do, and requires other updates in the process, then might be something some people just have to grin and bare with sadly.
    Vyse sorry to derail but One just sent me a pm, and i have notifications saying new pm but there is no mail. Its been ten minutes and i've signed out and back in, notifications is still highlighted and saying new pm?
    [/QUOTE]

Hmmm, not sure why that might be Willo. I'll look into it for you, but likely will either just randomly sort itself out, or need taking up with CW when he reads this, (as I'm sure he will ASAP).

The PM that willo's talking about was a reply to his and on mine it comes up with the replied option but when I go to my sent box, it's not there. Just added this in case the extra info helps.

Thanks Boss!

Same i just got new pm from One....

But still got the new pm in notifications yet all old mail, i have noticed a little mail icon at the bottom of the screen though.

Its ok just in case its a problem that will crop up. Cheers Vyse
    [/QUOTE]