Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    I edited the post cause I put Asda a first

I feel bad for using it when peoples effort in making it isn't getting a return

Fear is the Mind Killer Star Hustler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyVi View Post
    I feel bad for using it when peoples effort in making it isn't getting a return
    No one is expecting anything in return. It's a donation of goodwill.

admin
    I cans et something up if people really want to give away their money but I dont think its required.

I love how the second page is just Vyse and Arrek :P

I'm sure if the site was going to shut down because of the lack of funds that people would help out with donations. But if admin has ran the site for this long without it, surely hes doing alright?
    regards,

KolT

The Gotei 13's Psychopath Hyunshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KolT View Post
    I love how the second page is just Vyse and Arrek :P
    That's because we're cool.

Not saying it needs it or anything, was just an idea considering the topic of the thread.

I'll gladly sell my bottom to keep gf afloat.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that and does it really need donations to be fair, i think if admin was struggling then yes by all means but it can make members who dont want to or are not here enough to make a donation feel bad, especially if like on some forums the donater's are given coloured names.

If admin is ever in trouble then yeah we can certainly ask that then but does it really need it atm?
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks to Chronic Spender........

Im on a few sites that have donation buttons whaich are linked to paypal. Easy to set up and is usually built right into whatever hosting package is being used.

The purpose of a donate button shouldnt be recognition as that isnt the nature of giving or the definition of donate.

There are yearly fees involved in running any forum with server/hosting packages and updates. You usually get a better deal if able to purchase a multi year package versus a year at a time.

In the years that i have been around i have never seen this site go down. It is very well run and kept updated and runs very smoothly at all times. The crew behind the scenes needs props for a job well done. There are 2 kinds of forums on the webs those that are out to make money from sponsors and adverts and those that just want to give peeps a cool place to hangout and discuss like minded topics. Ive always had the feeling this place is the latter.

I wouldnt be offended at all if Admin came in and said hey we need some funds to keep the doors open would anyone be opposed to a donate button. Donate as much or as little as you can. But those funds shouldnt be used for profit but only to meet the needs to keep the site up.

My .02 for what its worth

Made by The Boss
    Im trying to see your point of veiw but i cant stick my head that far up my ass.
    I created the sound of madness,wrote the book on pain.