Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    To be honest it's got bugger all to do with the phone and more to do with the connectivity environment with my Polar fitness gear. I've become a bit of a fitness freak, lost about 6 stone in weight in the last year and a bit and i do about an hours training every day. I use a Polar H7 bluetooth chest strap paired to a Polar Loop 2 activity tracker, which talks to my Polar Beat and Polar Flow apps which than syncs all the lovely fitness data and calories burned over to myfitnesspal which i use to track my calorie intake/exercise etc etc. It's the syncing part to myfitnesspal that is very very iffy on Android where as iOS has no issues (which is why i use my iPad Mini for most of it). All of this is fine if i'm training at home but if i decide to go out to train (and i'm seriously giving thought to start running....another few words i never thought i would utter) i need a mobile iOS platform as an iPad Mini is to cumbersome.
    Sorry for for the overly detailed response but the devils in the detail you know.......i got 5 years to get buff as **** before i hit my 50th birthday :P
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    To be honest it's got bugger all to do with the phone and more to do with the connectivity environment with my Polar fitness gear. I've become a bit of a fitness freak, lost about 6 stone in weight in the last year and a bit and i do about an hours training every day. I use a Polar H7 bluetooth chest strap paired to a Polar Loop 2 activity tracker, which talks to my Polar Beat and Polar Flow apps which than syncs all the lovely fitness data and calories burned over to myfitnesspal which i use to track my calorie intake/exercise etc etc. It's the syncing part to myfitnesspal that is very very iffy on Android where as iOS has no issues (which is why i use my iPad Mini for most of it). All of this is fine if i'm training at home but if i decide to go out to train (and i'm seriously giving thought to start running....another few words i never thought i would utter) i need a mobile iOS platform as an iPad Mini is to cumbersome.
    Sorry for for the overly detailed response but the devils in the detail you know.......i got 5 years to get buff as **** before i hit my 50th birthday :P
    That makes sense, and good on you for getting in shape! I wish I had you determination I guess you could do worse than an iPhone 6S if that's the only platform your gear will work with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiker's Guide View Post
    Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
    Tied for Funniest Member of 2013

In the eternal land of seclusion... the void.
    Halo 5, still waiting for it to arrive.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar

I haven't been on in a while, but my Transformers collection has grown exponentially. Cosmos (and Payload) are the most recent additions. I also bought a new maro lense camera to really show them off. I'm hoping to construct little sets and am currently working on a throne for my Leader-class Megatron.

I feel like all my money goes into food. More or less I'm just out and about, I don't have a car so I can't just drive home and make something. But other then that it's mostly spent on clothes for the winter, because Cali is like what is cold?

In an effort to have as much wearable technology on my body as possible at all times I bought a Fitbit Charge HR activity tracker about a month ago. I'm not gonna pretend I'm a very active person, but I love stats and it does actually motivate me to get out more. I now have the Fitbit on my right wrist, my smarwatch on my left wrist, bluetooth earbuds around my neck at all times, phone in my pocket and powerbank in my other pocket.

Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? There's a frood who really knows where his towel is!

I got my Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet and Shield Controller in the mail yesterday. It's a great Android tablet all around, and it plays Android games amazingly, but so far I'm having a little trouble with streaming from my PC. The times I have gotten it to work it has run very nicely though.

Assassins Creed Syndicate special edition for 20 from Game.

I know its probably a mistake, as Unity kind of sucked... but London. I just couldn't resist, hope the combat is better cause it was god awful thanks to the camera in Unity.

Can you call me Nyteblade YesConsiderably's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenesix View Post
    Assassins Creed Syndicate special edition for 20 from Game.

I know its probably a mistake, as Unity kind of sucked... but London. I just couldn't resist, hope the combat is better cause it was god awful thanks to the camera in Unity.
    I don't think that you'll regret it. I bought Syndicate on its release day (after reading Eurogamer's complimentary review) and really enjoyed it. The combat has basically reverted back to what it was in Black Flag, which is a good thing; it was way too slow in Unity, though i can appreciate it was intentionally difficult to make stealth a more appealing option than just killing everything.

There is nothing revolutionary about Syndicate, it's just more of what the series was providing at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by YesConsiderably View Post
    There is nothing revolutionary about Syndicate, it's just more of what the series was providing at its best.
    I agree and I'm really enjoying both the characters and the setting this time round. Its kept the gear upgrade system and leveling up from Unity as well as the awesome quick descent free-run feature (been wishing for that since the original) but ditched the awful combat thankfully!

I still feel the combat needs work as its a very simplistic version of the attack, counter, dodge style free-flow batman system... which is a shame as some of the fight animations are great. Pressing A to pull up the hood and go into stealth mode is my new favourite feature for sure, I am not disappointed you were right.

My only gripe is the 'present day' storyline which has been confusing and jarring since the Desmond Trilogy ended. I get the impression they don't know where they're going with it or have a true end goal so it just doesn't flow at all for me. Would have been better to just to be games about the Assassins Vs Templars across the ages without the matrix like present sequences, they really aren't necessary.